Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

POLL: Does Boise State's "Blue Turf" make you more or less likely to shop at Albertson's?

Does Boise State's "Blue Turf" make you more or less likely to shop at Albertson's?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Does Boise State's "Blue Turf" make you more or less likely to shop at Albertson's?

• MORE LIKELY - The Blue Turf has given me an Albertson's craving. Support BSU sponsors!
    • LESS LIKELY - I used to shop at Albertson's all the time.....until they sponsored the Blue Turf. Now I'm boycotting Albertson's!!!
    • INDIFFERENT - I get my potatoes at a stand, by the side of the road, not Albertson's.

2 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

Like Fred Meyer's style?

Fredy's ROCKS!!!  

The first Fredy's I ever experienced was in Grants Pass, Oregon.  We have multiple Fred Meyer's in both Anchorage & Fairbanks.

1 hour ago, BacksThePack said:

Like Fred Meyer's style?

No, it's still just food, but they have a huge upstairs bar that overlooks the store. Full cocktails, bar menu, business meeting rooms, giant TVs, balcony with outdoor TVs. Their produce, wine, and meat selection is massively larger. They have made to order food instead of pre-made stuff. You can get sushi, burgers, flatbread, New York style, they have a poutine place with 6 different poutine, sandwich station, all sorts of different style food that you can take up to the bar and have a cocktail with. You can grab a steak from the meat section and they'll grill it how you want it and go eat it in the bar. They have live music. 

It's designed to be a destination place as well as a grocery store. They get a ton of prefunk business before basketball and football games. Like I said, it's a bit of a Whole Foods rip off, but bigger and more stuff. They have liquor, which is a big deal in Idaho (especially Boise). They hardly ever become available. Albertson's picked this one up (the old Turners Bar, for Boiseans) for $250,000.

3 hours ago, kingpotato said:

No, it's still just food, but they have a huge upstairs bar that overlooks the store. Full cocktails, bar menu, business meeting rooms, giant TVs, balcony with outdoor TVs. Their produce, wine, and meat selection is massively larger. They have made to order food instead of pre-made stuff. You can get sushi, burgers, flatbread, New York style, they have a poutine place with 6 different poutine, sandwich station, all sorts of different style food that you can take up to the bar and have a cocktail with. You can grab a steak from the meat section and they'll grill it how you want it and go eat it in the bar. They have live music. 

It's designed to be a destination place as well as a grocery store. They get a ton of prefunk business before basketball and football games. Like I said, it's a bit of a Whole Foods rip off, but bigger and more stuff. They have liquor, which is a big deal in Idaho (especially Boise). They hardly ever become available. Albertson's picked this one up (the old Turners Bar, for Boiseans) for $250,000.

As I was reading this I was like this is Whole Foods. I like their deli/pizza area but I don’t like grocery shopping there. I like the normal stuff.

1 hour ago, IanforHeisman said:

As I was reading this I was like this is Whole Foods. I like their deli/pizza area but I don’t like grocery shopping there. I like the normal stuff.

Their problem for me has always been they're too expensive. At least they're offering a reason to go there to justify their high prices. 

13 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

You forgot Carr's up here in AK.

I haven't seen a Lucky's in yrs.  What part of the country still has Lucky's?

As far as I can tell, nearly all the SoCal Lucky's are now Smart & Final.  I'm not sure who their parent Co is.  Anybody know?

Are there any Lucky's in Colombia?

3 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Albertsons sucks. WAAAYY too expensive. Every time I walk in that place i drop $80 and have two sacks of groceries to show for it.

Winco4Life

Their salt and vinegar wings are addictive, just don't go shopping there on the first of the month. #EBT

2 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

A view of Albertsons Library, on the campus of Boise State University.

2ee741939890c6bf93b1bae42d5e3bbc.jpg

Do students get Rewards points for checking out books?

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, RSF said:

Do students get Rewards points for checking out books?

Library Card at Boise State University:

Notice the blue card.    Is the official color of the new turf "Albertsons Blue"?

3490639224_2159cec6c8_b.jpg

2 hours ago, Cincy said:

Are there any Lucky's in Colombia?

NOPE.

D1:  A Costco the size of 2 7/11's

Carulla:  The closest thing they have to a Whole Foods.  Comparable to a Von's Pavillions.  Wine is 20% off on Tues & the bigger ones have a Salad/Olive Bar

Exito:  Closest thing they have to a Super Target/Freddy Meyers.  Grocery Store downstairs, department store upstairs.  

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

A view of Albertsons Library, on the campus of Boise State University.

2ee741939890c6bf93b1bae42d5e3bbc.jpg

DAMN...that thing is 1/4-the-size of the CSU & CSU-San Diego's library.

Which 1/2 of the CSU-San José library belongs to the city & which half belongs to the University?