Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

POLL: Does Boise State's "Blue Turf" make you more or less likely to shop at Albertson's?

Does Boise State's "Blue Turf" make you more or less likely to shop at Albertson's?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Does Boise State's "Blue Turf" make you more or less likely to shop at Albertson's?

• MORE LIKELY - The Blue Turf has given me an Albertson's craving. Support BSU sponsors!
    • LESS LIKELY - I used to shop at Albertson's all the time.....until they sponsored the Blue Turf. Now I'm boycotting Albertson's!!!
    • INDIFFERENT - I get my potatoes at a stand, by the side of the road, not Albertson's.

3 hours ago, RogueStout said:

Albertsons sucks. WAAAYY too expensive. Every time I walk in that place i drop $80 and have two sacks of groceries to show for it.

Winco4Life

That's always been their issue

Guest #1Stunner
19 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

I believe Fresh Market bought out all the Albertson's in Utah.  Fresh Market is too expensive too.  Winco is so much cheaper.

Winco sort of sucks, IMO.  But I agree it is cheaper.

I usually go to Smiths.  The bonus being that you get a discount on their gas.

1 hour ago, GoState99755 said:

DAMN...that thing is 1/4-the-size of the CSU & CSU-San Diego's library.

Which 1/2 of the CSU-San José library belongs to the city & which half belongs to the University?

That picture isn't even half of the building. How can you not see that it keeps going to the left?

I have a Whole Foods in my building's basement, while it's nice to be able to take the elevator to the grocery store - I can't walk out of there without spending less than $70 for a dinner's worth of groceries.

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

That picture isn't even half of the building. How can you not see that it keeps going to the left?

I haven't turned on my crystal ball yet today.

19 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

I haven't seen a Lucky's in yrs.  What part of the country still has Lucky's?

Albertsons divested it’s Nor Cal and Nor Nevada stores to Save Mart a while back.  Save Mart has renamed some of them as Lucky Supermarkets, but they carry the Save Mart private label merchandise. 

12 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

What does a crystal ball have to do with your eyeballs? 

Now you want to debate a mythical item used by fortune tellers?

24 minutes ago, SpartanDude said:

Albertsons divested it’s Nor Cal and Nor Nevada stores to Save Mart a while back.  Save Mart has renamed some of them as Lucky Supermarkets, but they carry the Save Mart private label merchandise. 

Lucky's was my Mom's go to mrkt, when I was a lil' kid.  I was wondering what became of them.  Thx for the update.

I have to drive from SMF-Oroville-SFO this wknd.  I'll keep my eyes peeled.

2 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Lucky's was my Mom's go to mrkt, when I was a lil' kid.  I was wondering what became of them.  I have to drive from SMF-Oroville-SFO this wknd.  I'll keep my eyes peeled.

they're mostly in the Bay Area. 

7 hours ago, RogueStout said:

Albertsons sucks. WAAAYY too expensive. Every time I walk in that place i drop $80 and have two sacks of groceries to show for it.

Winco4Life

Thank you.  Although the Albertsons that got turned in to Ridley's are way nicer than the Safeways that got ridlyified 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, Bob said:

A hallowed hall of scholars and philosophers!

I assume since all the students in the foreground of this picture are white, there must be a rear entrance to the library for the few minority students that attend Boise State?  LOL

2ee741939890c6bf93b1bae42d5e3bbc.jpg

36 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Fresno is the #2 ugliest city in America. Nobody takes your views on attractiveness seriously.

https://housely.com/20-ugliest-cities-united-states/19/

Okay. Cool story. Your library still looks like shit. I’ve seen better or equivalent libraries at many junior colleges... oh, wait. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

10 hours ago, Bob said:

A hallowed hall of scholars and philosophers!

I’m just really impressed with the way Boise St. graduates have had such good luck with job placement at Albertson’s as Logistcal Trucking Engineers, or known as LTE’s for short. There’s a huge demand for Truck Drivers right now. 

Right out of Albertson’s recruiting literature:

“At Albertson’s, we care so much about our Boise St. graduate LTE’s that we give them extra respect which includes a respectable job title and free business cards to show-off their important job at big family gatherings, when meeting your fiancé’s parents for the first time, at HS reunions or most importantly when trying to score above your league at a bar.” 

kat.jpg