Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Rockets Over Israel

3 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Hamas fires rockets into Israel and Israel responds and they’re the bad guys.  Huh...

No, criticizing Israeli policies doesn’t make you an Anti-Semite.

I know, I know. But I also understand there are always at least two sides to any story/conflict and I believe many of these stupid rocket attacks stem from Draconian Israeli policies and border crackdowns. WTF are the Palestinians supposed to do? They are homeless and powerless. How about some compassion for their plight?

19 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Yeah, so? There aren't any Palestinian forces in Israel and last I looked, a lot more innocent Palestinians are dying than Israelis. 

Separate question: Is anyone who criticizes Israeli actions an Anti-Semite? 

Here’s a novel concept. Maybe if Hamas stopped lobbing rockets into Israel and conducting other terrorist activities, there might be peace. 

1 minute ago, renoskier said:

I know, I know. But I also understand there are always at least two sides to any story/conflict and I believe many of these stupid rocket attacks stem from Draconian Israeli policies and border crackdowns. WTF are the Palestinians supposed to do? They are homeless and powerless. How about some compassion for their plight?

The Israeli’s have the right to police who comes into their country as they see fit.  Especially with the terrorist organization of Hamas running the government in Gaza.  The Palestinians have a responsibility to change their government but they don’t.  A lot of that is because they’re scared shitless of Hamas.  The problem isn’t the Palestinians or Israelis.  The problem is Hamas. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

Here’s a novel concept. Maybe if Hamas stopped lobbing rockets into Israel and conducting other terrorist activities, there might be peace. 

Have you ever seen a Palestinian rocket before? They look like Estes rockets, only cheaper and more shoddily assembled. 

Israel's Apartheid-esque policies are going to bite them in the ass within the next 50 years based on demographics alone. There's already probably more Arabs than Jews in greater Israel (including the West Bank and Gaza) and the gap is only going to grow, given current birthrates. Instead of continuing this barbaric little "homeland" experiment, they should be planning for reality and building a country for all people of the country instead of just Israeli Jews. 

Continued illegal settlements on Palestinian land and increased isolation of the Palestinian people is going to create a monster that can't be caged in the coming decades. 

The problem isn't even Hamas. Hamas, like other extremist organizations, is a symptom of bigger, more existential underlying problems. The real problem is Israeli policies have created an environment where Hamas has a platform. If, instead of continuing the status-quo, they incorporated the areas in and brought the Palestinians into the fold, both economically and politically, it would deprive Hamas of any sort of credible platform. The continued isolation of the Gazans is what gives Hamas a power base from which to draw from. 

An apt comparison would be American isolation of Cuba. The only reason the Cuban regime has lasted as long as it has is because we've given them a huge bogeyman whom they can blame all their problems on. Hamas is the same way. If the isolation were to be removed, it would undercut their whole agenda and talking points. 

May 4th: Two Palestinians were shot and killed during weekly protests near the Israel border by Israel military. Two Hamas soldiers were killed in an air raid the same day.

May 5th: Palestinians indiscriminately launch hundreds of rockets across the Gaza border killing four Israeli civilians.  Then Israel conducts air raids in Gaza killing 25.

May 6th: Another cease fire.

Both sides are justifying their behavior as okay because teams and stuff.

17 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

@Rocket thinks Hitler made some good points. This is no surprise.  Hatred for the Jewish people is a common thing with SJSU fans.

You dont even know what you think, don't pretend to know what I think boot licker.

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

But there aren’t any Israeli forces in Gaza....

See that's why when people say , I shouldn't call you a nazi right winger they are wrong, you're for the right wing fake government of netanyahu. Israel carved out territory illegaly on Palestinian land and bulldozed their homes and built settlements on top of them, not talking about Gaza, talking about the land Israel stole.

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

The problem isn't even Hamas. Hamas, like other extremist organizations, is a symptom of bigger, more existential underlying problems. The real problem is Israeli policies have created an environment where Hamas has a platform. If, instead of continuing the status-quo, they incorporated the areas in and brought the Palestinians into the fold, both economically and politically, it would deprive Hamas of any sort of credible platform. The continued isolation of the Gazans is what gives Hamas a power base from which to draw from. 

An apt comparison would be American isolation of Cuba. The only reason the Cuban regime has lasted as long as it has is because we've given them a huge bogeyman whom they can blame all their problems on. Hamas is the same way. If the isolation were to be removed, it would undercut their whole agenda and talking points. 

The problem is they're white supremacists like today's Republican party.

6 minutes ago, Rocket said:

See that's why when people say , I shouldn't call you a nazi right winger they are wrong, you're for the right wing fake government of netanyahu. Israel carved out territory illegaly on Palestinian land and bulldozed their homes and built settlements on top of them, not talking about Gaza, talking about the land Israel stole.

So which borders should Israel go back to?  The 1967 borders? The 1947 partition?  

And I’m not for Netanyahu.  What I am for is Israel having the right to exist and defend themselves.  If that makes me a nazi right winger, awesome. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

20 minutes ago, Rocket said:

The problem is they're white supremacists like today's Republican party.

wtf are you talking about

3 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

wtf are you talking about

:shrug:

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

:shrug:

I don't get how Jews, as hardcore Zionist as some are, can be "white supremacist" in the way the term is commonly thought of. While it's true that many prominent Zionists are white supremacists, like David Duke, Zionist Jews by their nature can't be white supremacist as that term generally refers to hardcore Protestants of some kind. 

Extremely Ethnocentric? Sure. Bigoted? Absolutely. But "white supremacist"? Jesus +++++. That term does not mean what he thinks it means. 

3 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I don't get how Jews, as hardcore Zionist as some are, can be "white supremacist" in the way the term is commonly thought of. While it's true that many prominent Zionists are white supremacists, like David Duke, Zionist Jews by their nature can't be white supremacist as that term generally refers to hardcore Protestants of some kind. 

Extremely Ethnocentric? Sure. Bigoted? Absolutely. But "white supremacist"? Jesus +++++. That term does not mean what he thinks it means. 

It’s like calling everybody on the right a Nazi.  It really makes the word mean a whole hell of a lot less than it should.

47 minutes ago, mugtang said:

It’s like calling everybody on the right a Nazi.  It really makes the word mean a whole hell of a lot less than it should.

Apparently Nazis love Jews.   Who knew? 

2 hours ago, Rocket said:

You dont even know what you think, don't pretend to know what I think boot licker.

I know exactly what you think.  You think Hitler had some good ideas it is just too bad he had a thing against communism.

4 hours ago, renoskier said:

Yeah, so? There aren't any Palestinian forces in Israel and last I looked, a lot more innocent Palestinians are dying than Israelis. 

Separate question: Is anyone who criticizes Israeli actions an Anti-Semite? 

Actually there are lots of palestinians in Israel, many of them are citizens.

4 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

May 3rd  two israeli soldiers were wounded by snipers.

May 4th: Two Palestinians were shot and killed during weekly protests near the Israel border by Israel military. Two Hamas soldiers were killed in an air raid the same day.

May 5th: Palestinians indiscriminately launch hundreds of rockets across the Gaza border killing four Israeli civilians.  Then Israel conducts air raids in Gaza killing 25.

May 6th: Another cease fire.

Both sides are justifying their behavior as okay because teams and stuff.

You seem to leave out facts so i fixed it for you.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2019/05/05/palestinian-gaza-israel-rocket-attacks

On Friday, two Israeli soldiers were wounded by snipers from Islamic Jihad, a smaller Iranian-backed militant group that often cooperates with Hamas but sometimes acts independently. Israel responded by killing two Palestinian militants, leading to intense rocket barrages and retaliatory Israeli airstrikes beginning Saturday.