Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akkula

Trump would have been charged with obstruction were he not president, hundreds of former federal prosecutors assert

17 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

Right now I'm guessing it will be Kamala Harris. She checks all the persecuted boxes, a woman and a minority, that the dems love to hammer. It seems that's who the dem machine is getting behind. There is no way the dems run a white man in the general against Trump. 

She also has talent the talent to parry and thrust effectively in a political way. My money is on her as well. Everybody else but Bernie seems like a lightweight that can’t take a punch.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

6 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

If Rubio didn’t have such a glass jaw he could have won all things considered. +++++ John Kasich forever though.

I liked Kasich...  only candidate with a true common sense plan for immigration reform IMO.

v0icAvfW.jpg

1 minute ago, NorCalCoug said:

I liked Kasich...  only candidate with a true common sense plan for immigration reform IMO.

A self aggrandizing blowhard that stayed in the race because he thought the party would just hand him the nomination at a brokered convention. Him drawing 8-15% gave Trump states and momentum he wouldn’t have had otherwise. That man did as much to nuke the old conservative coalition as Trump did.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Just now, thelawlorfaithful said:

A self aggrandizing blowhard that stayed in the race because he thought the party would just hand him the nomination at a brokered convention. Him drawing 8-15% gave Trump states and momentum he wouldn’t have had otherwise. That man did as much to nuke the old conservative coalition as Trump did.

Yep, didn’t know when to bow out.

v0icAvfW.jpg

1 minute ago, NorCalCoug said:

Yep, didn’t know when to bow out.

He’s smart enough to have knew when. He just has that Clinton gene and thought the nomination was his birthright.

Harris is very intelligent and reasonably experienced. However, she blows with the wind politically. As California AG, she refused to take a position on whether the death penalty should be abolished here, saying she had some kind of unexplained conflict of interest. Couldn't have had anything to do with the fact the polls were almost split down the middle on the question. Then during Trump's separation of kids from their parents debacle when Maxine Waters argued that the answer to the problem was to abolish ICE, Harris again licked her finger and stuck it in the air and decided the majority of Californians were so pissed at the president that they would support Waters on that point, our Kamala came into lock step with her bat shit crazy counterpart. Reminded me of Obama and that lunatic Chicago preacher friend of his.

Those who like Harris should be careful because if she is elected president she is likely to be essentially a less honest version of Obama.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Harris is very intelligent and reasonably experienced. However, she blows with the wind politically. As California AG, she refused to take a position on whether the death penalty should be abolished here, saying she had some kind of unexplained conflict of interest. Couldn't have had anything to do with the fact the polls were almost split down the middle on the question. Then during Trump's separation of kids from their parents debacle when Maxine Waters argued that the answer to the problem was to abolish ICE, Harris again licked her finger and stuck it in the air and decided the majority of Californians were so pissed at the president that they would support Waters on that point, our Kamala came into lock step with her bat shit crazy counterpart. Reminded me of Obama and that lunatic Chicago preacher friend of his.

Those who like Harris should be careful because if she is elected president she is likely to be essentially a less honest version of Obama.

All these jokers blow with the wind politically except for Sanders, who is retarded.

6 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

If Rubio didn’t have such a glass jaw he could have won all things considered. +++++ John Kasich forever though.

Zombie candidate Jeb did a lot of damage by soaking up all the big donor money, then using it to nuke Rubio in the early rounds.

But the fact of the matter is that the majority of republicans did not favor immigration reform, were against TPP and not ideological free traders, and are tired of Euros free riding in NATO.  I agree that unique dynamics of the 2016 Primary played a role, but on a lot of Perot issues, the majority of the right agrees with Trump, not us.

6 hours ago, alum93 said:

I still don't get it.  He seemed 10 times smarter than Trump and more prepared in the debates.  I would have voted for him.

He was too prepared, it seemed fake next to Trump. Christie blew him up with the robot comment, put him on tilt in front of everyone and killed his momentum. He biffed in NH accordingly, allowing Jeb to stay in another week and Trump to run away with SC. From there all momentum was lost.

3 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

Rubio's a shill. I was hoping for a Huntsman candidacy that never happened. 

I mean might as well pine for Eisenhower to come back at the nations greatest hour of need to balance the budget, invest in research, and build some sweet infrastructure of the next half decade too

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

4 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I mean might as well pine for Eisenhower to come back at the nations greatest hour of need to balance the budget, invest in research, and build some sweet infrastructure of the next half decade too

I'm personally on the "Exhume Goldwater: 2024" bandwagon. 

19 minutes ago, happycamper said:

The last great Republican President.

7 hours ago, alum93 said:

I still don't get it.  He seemed 10 times smarter than Trump and more prepared in the debates.  I would have voted for him.

He was still prepubescent.  Hopefully, next time he has balls bigger than Trump.  He will need it. Conservatives are tired of the winey emasculated males, cowering at the media, afraid to take a stand and unwilling to fight.  There is a proper time to pull a Kavanaugh.

110926run_defense710.jpg

On 5/8/2019 at 10:06 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

I liked Kasich, he was my choice; but refresh my memory, he never had enough support to really effect anyone. How did he hurt Rubio?

16 minutes ago, renoskier said:

I liked Kasich, he was my choice; but refresh my memory, he never had enough support to really effect anyone. How did he hurt Rubio?

Kasich probably would be hated worse than Trump trying to straddle the line between the parties. He would be hated by both sides.