Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akkula

Trump would have been charged with obstruction were he not president, hundreds of former federal prosecutors assert

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

You’re absolutely right. But those same corporations aren’t required to disclose their tax returns.  The equivalent for Trump to the Financial Statements of a public company would be his FEC filings, which he’s required to disclose as that shows assets and liabilities, a personal tax return does not show those items. 

Well maybe congress has a legitimate legislative purpose as to try to legislate some public disclosure requirements of financial information for certain political figures.  Maybe they need an audited set of financials.  If we have that kind of disclosures for investments maybe we should have something similar for certain politicians.  I do agree that the tax returns won't give the whole picture but they are certainly part of it.  For Trump you would need the partnership returns as the K-1s don't show enough on the personal side.  

But in order to know what is lacking if we want to avoid another fiasco they really need to review the tax returns of Individual 1.

Posted Image

6 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Nobody is printing their tax returns and posting them here. 

Well good, because I would have to teach you guys how to pay the same rate me and Trump pay.  :hahaha:

Posted Image

10 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Well maybe congress has a legitimate legislative purpose as to try to legislate some public disclosure requirements of financial information for certain political figures.  Maybe they need an audited set of financials.  If we have that kind of disclosures for investments maybe we should have something similar for certain politicians.  I do agree that the tax returns won't give the whole picture but they are certainly part of it.  For Trump you would need the partnership returns as the K-1s don't show enough on the personal side.  

But in order to know what is lacking if we want to avoid another fiasco they really need to review the tax returns of Individual 1.

It’s probably a pretty good guess that Trump has either paid no tax or very little taxes in the last ten years, and likely legitimately. If he disclosed that he would be hammered by the Democrats, the MSM, and people like you. So, why would he do that? 

If his tax returns are fraudulent isn’t that for the IRS to determine? 

43 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Well, I kinda agree but Mueller felt his hands were tied by the guidance that said the president can't be indicted   need to have committed a crime before he could be prosecuted of something.  If Barr really wanted Mueller to do that then he could modify or rescind that DOJ policy to force Mueller to make a recommendation one way or the other.  Of course that won't happen though.  Trump and Barr hold all the legal remedies but because the crook gets to hire the cop they can obstruct justice and the only thing Congress can do is impeach or subpoena.  There is a gross power imbalance right now between the executive and legislative branches and I fear we are heading for a constitutional crisis since we have a president who would wipe their ass with the constitution along with his zombie followers.

Fixed it for you.

22 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Well zombies are willfully stupid on a whole host of issues even when something is kicking them in the face so I am not surprised.  Look, we know, you all know, Trump knows that he is a crook and liar and his Tax returns will prove this.  He just doesn't want further proof of what we already know that he is a crook and a liar to be rightfully used against him.  That is why he doesn't want his tax return released and that is why the zombies will do whatever they can to help him hide them.  Since they are amoral and aideological their only need is to protect their fuhrer by eating the brains of anyone who thinks.

If I wanted to eat the brain of a "thinker" you would be the last on my list. 

10 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

It’s probably a pretty good guess that Trump has either paid no tax or very little taxes in the last ten years, and likely legitimately. If he disclosed that he would be hammered by the Democrats and MSM. 

My guess is that he had a massive net operating loss carryover from his failed businesses so his zero taxes doesn't have much to do with his being a business genius but carryovers of prior failures.  I also believe he setup shell companies to funnel his father's wealth to himself and avoiding estate taxes by doing shady things like sending fake bills and inflating expenses.  Finally, I think he abused his charitable foundations.  I think he would be scared to death to have a public accounting firm audit his books over the last 20 years.  I think he did some scams but it won't show in his 1040..it is buried in all of those LLCs that were setup to obfuscate his true finances.

Posted Image

26 minutes ago, mugtang said:

The average American wouldn’t be able to comprehend Trump’s tax return because of how complex it is.  When Mitt Romney was running people were screaming cause he hadn’t released his returns by August.  I tried to explain to social media geniuses that he likely doesn’t have all the information to prepare his return and is probably waiting on some Sch K-1s.  They proceeded to advise me that he can just file and amend his return.  I tried to explain that knowingly filing a false return is a crime. But to know avail. 

Congress isn't asking for the returns to be made public so what does it matter whether or not the "average American" can understand them?

2 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Congress isn't asking for the returns to be made public so what does it matter whether or not the "average American" can understand them?

I’m sorry I was talking about release to the public.  And if we’re talking about congress, they certainly like the basic comprehension skills to understand basic arithmetic.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

5 minutes ago, renoskier said:

So you are telling us none of those congressman would leak information and that isn't the reason they are asking for the returns?

If you believe that I have a bridge you should look at it would make a great investment, they say it is golden!

5 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

So you are telling us none of those congressman would leak information and that isn't the reason they are asking for the returns?

If you believe that I have a bridge you should look at it would make a great investment, they say it is golden!

That is one good reason why the president should release his tax returns himself...so he doesn't have to worry about leaks.  If there are leaks then the attorney general can investigate and press charges.

Posted Image

1 minute ago, Akkula said:

That is one good reason why the president should release his tax returns himself...so he doesn't have to worry about leaks.  If there are leaks then the attorney general can investigate and press charges.

The problem is you wouldn't understand them.  you would likely use them to claim he isn't a billionaire as if tax returns would even touch on that fact.

4 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I’m sorry I was talking about release to the public.  And if we’re talking about congress, they certainly like the basic comprehension skills to understand basic arithmetic.  

Yeah, but they have access to lots of guys like you who can esplain it to them.

And then they have other smart folks who can help them spin it to their advantage. 

And then it can prompt some more wonderful tweets from our dear leader (and more board traffic!), it's all good:thumbsup:

15 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Yeah, but they have access to lots of guys like you who can esplain it to them.

And then they have other smart folks who can help them spin it to their advantage. 

And then it can prompt some more wonderful tweets from our dear leader (and more board traffic!), it's all good:thumbsup:

I have sources that say he paid no taxes for ten years. Please let Congress know. 

Just now, soupslam1 said:

I have sources that say he paid no taxes for ten years. Please let Congress know. 

Why don't we just let them find out for themselves?

Wouldn't that be a lot more fun for all of us?

Guest #1Stunner
47 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Yeah but he was likely rattled by the two year long interference and threatening by Trump.  He probably let that obstruction and interference convince him to soften his critique.  But the good news is that we have 400 prosecutors who are giving us their opinion.

Those opinions aren't worth the paper they are written on.

Only Mueller and Barr's opinion matters.   Those folks don't get a say.

only a complete partisan would try to argue otherwise.   Come on.

5 hours ago, Akkula said:

"More than 370 former federal prosecutors who worked in Republican and Democratic administrations have signed on to a statement asserting special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s findings would have produced obstruction charges against President Trump — if not for the office he held."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-would-have-been-charged-with-obstruction-were-he-not-president-hundreds-of-former-federal-prosecutors-assert/2019/05/06/e4946a1a-7006-11e9-9f06-5fc2ee80027a_story.html?utm_term=.62ca90aabbea

It is time for the Grand Jury of the house to recommend a trial..... 

Congress has the same info. Let them go for impeachment. What’s holding them up? 

4 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Just trolling the man to show how absurd his diatribe is. 

ExPats are a suspicious bunch.  No logical reason they would choose to live anywhere but home of the free and land of the brave.  No doubt ripping off the treasury.  Should be manditory full annual audit of all ExPats and posted to the worldwide web to ensure accuracy and full investigation.

110926run_defense710.jpg

6 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

ExPats are a suspicious bunch.  No logical reason they would choose to live anywhere but home of the free and land of the brave.  No doubt ripping off the treasury.  Should be manditory full annual audit of all ExPats and posted to the worldwide web to ensure accuracy and full investigation.

Maybe it’s no coincidence that the two biggest complainers on this board are expats. 

4 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

It’s probably a pretty good guess that Trump has either paid no tax or very little taxes in the last ten years, and likely legitimately. If he disclosed that he would be hammered by the Democrats, the MSM, and people like you. So, why would he do that? 

If his tax returns are fraudulent isn’t that for the IRS to determine? 

They are not fraudulent would be my guess. They would just show he doesn’t have as much money as he says and what he does have comes from Fred and the Russians.  Not criminal just not good for his ego as a successful businessman 

Posted Image