Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

If Liberty University Were In the West, Would You Be Interested In Adding Them?

Add Liberty  

44 members have voted

1. 1. If Liberty University we’re located out west, would you add them to the MWC?

6 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

You're letting your imagination run wild. The whole point is to look at LU as a potential add in the future, and do so with the mindset similar to BYU where a lot of people here are OK with adding BYU because of athletics, even though most don't care for Mormonism. 

Whatever you say...

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Reno,+Nevada/Lynchburg,+Virginia/@39.2704535,-108.4719787,5z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x809940ae9292a09d:0x40c5c5ce7438f787!2m2!1d-119.8138027!2d39.5296329!1m5!1m1!1s0x89b2d97890320401:0xc3b6f35ec820e261!2m2!1d-79.1422464!2d37.4137536!3e0

12 hours ago, NVGiant said:

FYI, the wheel and aviation have been discovered. 😂

For the time it takes to travel by bus to SJSU and back, it would be fairly close to the time to fly to LU and back. 

kat.jpg

4 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

@Nevada Convert - If Vanilla was Chocolate would it taste better?

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

There must be a powerful GoState message there, but I have no idea what it is. 

"If Liberty University Were In the West, Would You Be Interested In Adding Them?"

The likelihood of Liberty moving to the Pac -or- Mtn Time Zones, is just as likely as Vanilla become Chocolate.  Thus, both discussions are a complete waste of time & energy.

4 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

FYI, the wheel and aviation have been discovered. 😂

For the time it takes to travel by bus to SJSU and back, it would be fairly close to the time to fly to LU and back. 

Are there a lot of direct flights from Reno to Lynchburg that I am unaware of? Or is Nevada rollin’ so deep that we’re just going to charter volleyball, women’s soccer, baseball, softball, and any other team not named football to play a school that we have nothing in common with?

We’ve been down this road before when we shared a conference with schools like Louisiana Tech, Arkansas State, etc., and it always sucks. 

Shortest flight from Reno to Lynchburg is 2 stops and 9 hrs.  You could fly from Reno to DC Dulles in 6 hrs, but then you have a 3hr drive to Lynchburg.  A direct charter would be 4 hrs.  Might cost a few bucks, though.    It's a 4 hr drive from Reno to San Jose. 

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

4 minutes ago, RSF said:

Shortest flight from Reno to Lynchburg is 2 stops and 9 hrs.  You could fly from Reno to DC Dulles in 6 hrs, but then you have a 3hr drive to Lynchburg.  A direct charter would be 4 hrs.  Might cost a few bucks, though.    It's a 4 hr drive from Reno to San Jose. 

And I bet flying in an athletic team that needs at least 15 seats would be too much to handle for the commercial puddle jumpers that would service Lynchburg. When Nevada played La. Tech, they would usually fly into Dallas and bus over. It sucked.

14 hours ago, NVGiant said:

Are there a lot of direct flights from Reno to Lynchburg that I am unaware of? Or is Nevada rollin’ so deep that we’re just going to charter volleyball, women’s soccer, baseball, softball, and any other team not named football to play a school that we have nothing in common with?

We’ve been down this road before when we shared a conference with schools like Louisiana Tech, Arkansas State, etc., and it always sucks. 

I was thinking as a FB only member, or maybe FB and BB only. I’m not saying that we add them now, but if we need to, there really aren’t any good candidates out west or anywhere else. 

That’s because those schools sucked and in the WAC we had to play LA Tech every year. Liberty draws a lot of emotion, both negative and positive which means fans would show up. But the biggest reason they’ll show up is because they’ll be good. 

kat.jpg

16 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

"If Liberty University Were In the West, Would You Be Interested In Adding Them?"

The likelihood of Liberty moving to the Pac -or- Mtn Time Zones, is just as likely as Vanilla become Chocolate.  Thus, both discussions are a complete waste of time & energy.

OK, I take back the part that you might have a powerful message. 😀

kat.jpg

13 hours ago, RSF said:

Dude, if they’re FB only, only 4 MWC schools would have to travel to Virginia per season, silly man. 

kat.jpg

13 hours ago, NVGiant said:

And I bet flying in an athletic team that needs at least 15 seats would be too much to handle for the commercial puddle jumpers that would service Lynchburg. When Nevada played La. Tech, they would usually fly into Dallas and bus over. It sucked.

Relax, you worry too much. If they were FB only, we wouldn’t play them every year, and when we did, half of the games would be in Reno. LU has the $. I’m sure they would at least split the cost of a charter when we did play there, maybe pay for the charter completely. 

kat.jpg

10 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

I was thinking as a FB only member, or maybe FB and BB only. I’m not saying that we add them now, but if we need to, there really aren’t any good candidates out west or anywhere else. 

That’s because those schools sucked and in the WAC we had to play LA Tech every year. Liberty draws a lot of emotion, both negative and positive which means fans would show up. But the biggest reason they’ll show up is because they’ll be good. 

Dude, if they’re FB only, only 4 MWC schools would have to travel to Virginia per season, silly man. 

Relax, you worry too much. If they were FB only, we wouldn’t play them every year, and when we did, half of the games would be in Reno. LU has the $. I’m sure they would at least split the cost of a charter when we did play there, maybe pay for the charter completely. 

Now they’re football only? And paying travel subsidies? I’m sure Liberty is dying to be part of this deal. This topic is pointless on so many levels.

I’d rather this conference figure out a schedule that has us playing Boise every year.

7 hours ago, NVGiant said:

Now they’re football only? And paying travel subsidies? I’m sure Liberty is dying to be part of this deal. This topic is pointless on so many levels.

I’d rather this conference figure out a schedule that has us playing Boise every year.

Dump CSU-San José & f'ball only Hawai'i, & play a 9-team conf sked/3-team OCC sked like several P5's already do.  DONE!

FWIW...the NCAA & El Juco/CSU-San Diego ttly screwed the the MWC by waffling on the 12-team format for CCG statue, and their on-again/off-again plans to bail to the BIG Least.   I'm happy to have Utah St, but the NCAA's lack of continuity legislatively & the Blu Burros/'tecs ill-fated move east; royally screwed our conf.

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, GoState99755 said:

Dump CSU-San José & f'ball only Hawai'i, & play a 9-team conf sked/3-team OCC sked like several P5's already do.  DONE!

What would you propose be done with Wyoming?

4 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

What would you propose be done with Wyoming?

Give 'em a BIG hug & tell 'em every things goin' to be okay.

Also bar CSU-San Diego from flying into DIA, FoCo & Cheyene for wyo games.  Make the 'tecs fly into SLC & bus in from there.  They can have lunch at Great America or Rock Spgs.

Guest #1Stunner
16 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Give 'em a BIG hug & tell 'em every things goin' to be okay.

Also bar CSU-San Diego from flying into DIA, FoCo & Cheyene for wyo games.  Make the 'tecs fly into SLC & bus in from there.  They can have lunch at Great America or Rock Spgs.

Most everyone would be thrilled if BYU and WYOMING schedule a neutral site football in Fort Collins, CO.

Plus, travel would be easier.

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

Most everyone would be thrilled if BYU and WYOMING schedule a neutral site football in Fort Collins, CO.

Plus, travel would be easier.

I like your Fox News/DJT rhetorical style of using "....most everyone."

"Most every..." original member of this conf wants to blackball YBU until they return.

MWC 2.0 schools scheduling The-Y is spineless, short sided & selfish.

10 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

I like your Fox News/DJT rhetorical style of using "....most everyone."

"Most every..." original member of this conf wants to blackball YBU until they return.

MWC 2.0 schools scheduling The-Y is spineless, short sided & selfish.

Not true.  The true courage is standing up to Thompson and scheduling BYU in spite of his objections.

25 minutes ago, Pelado said:

Not true.  The true courage is standing up to Thompson and scheduling BYU in spite of his objections.

WRONG...take off your blue 'n' white glasses.  It has nothing to do w/"standing-up to Thompson."  The issue is standing-up to Take Our Ball & Go Home Univ.  

It's not Commishiner Thompson's cause.  The banner is being carried by old school MWC institutions like CSU, wyo, the USAFA, New Méx & CSU-San Diego.

Like I said before, the MWC 2.0 schools scheduling YBU are spineless, short sided & selfish.