Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

Everything UNLV During the Summer Doldrums Thread

6 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

I'd jump on those tickets if I lived in Las Vegas.  Paying under $20 per game to watch a college football at a new NFL stadium would be a steal.

Yeah, buy the cheapest tickets and then just move to wherever you want. 

I’m looking forward to sitting in a climate controlled, wide and padded seat in a state of the art NFLstadium to watch Rebel games. I go anyway so this is a huge upgrade. I’m probably most excited about having good concessions after decades of the crap they’ve pushed at games. All you can eat dried out 1970’s era food is still just too much of a bad thing. They obviously just rationalize why they can’t do any better and have no idea how much money they could be making with a little effort.

11 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

I hope we get Jhaylon Martinez, but let’s not pretend that he was ever a Las Vegan.  He grew up in NorCal, transferred to Coronado, and is now transferring to a school in Arizona.

2 hours ago, quickdraw said:

Clyburn was a breath of fresh air at UNLV. Hard working kid. Not heavily recruited, but had to fight for everything he earned.

And realistic. It's funny these top 10 kids (Hell, probably top 100 kids) think they are on their way to the NBA.

Clyburn knows he isn't NBA bound, but that isn't stopping him. He's gonna have a nice long career, like his brother, overseas.

Clyburn went from a brick fest without much confidence year 1 to quite the player by his senior year. You could see it and the stats didn't lie either. He vastly improved year to year.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

Clyburn just did what we want every player to do. Year by year he became more dependable and productive. He just kept his head down and worked to support the team. 

While some people tended to underestimate him and try to blame him for the lack of team success he always proved the criticism misplaced.

37 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

well, well, well. we all knew the BOR was screwed up. But the 3 a-holes responsible for undermining UNLV need to go.

The article talking about the new President is not at all promising.  Seems like those a-holes as you called them set us up for future problems.  I knew when they put Reilly as Chariman of the BOR that  it was a bad move.  I didn't like him when he was the Clark County Manager.  Hopefully we see a big change in the NSHE following the ballot question in 2020.  

12 hours ago, Meister_Rebel said:

The article talking about the new President is not at all promising.  Seems like those a-holes as you called them set us up for future problems.  I knew when they put Reilly as Chariman of the BOR that  it was a bad move.  I didn't like him when he was the Clark County Manager.  Hopefully we see a big change in the NSHE following the ballot question in 2020.  

It’s been far too long since Vegas has blamed its problems on the north! Timely!! And it’s like clockwork. “The NCAA ruined our basketball team.” “Reno conspires to keep us down!” 😂😂