Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pokebball

George Washington mural traumatizes San Fran students

1 hour ago, SalinasSpartan said:

True. He said bad apples, Trump didn’t say the word Apple. Way different.

Trump referenced a specific event where one side was explicitly promoting racism, white nationalism, and murdered a person, while the other side was opposing star spangled fascism and didn't even murder anyone.  

Alum said that losing your goddamn mind over trivial bullshit is something bad apples on both sides do. We have so much proof of this it would probably be faster to list shit they didn't freak out over, and there is such a neverending supply of it from both sides that assigning more blame to one side or another becomes inane.

See how thinking works?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

33 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

To insinuate Trump is a Nazi white nationalist or is in favor of that organization is absurd. 

Yeah, you have to make the insane step of taking him at his word for that.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

Almost completely unrelated, but this reminds me of the horribly racist murals that adorn Pawnee City Hall in Parks and Recreation.

For example...

NQeBDj7.jpg

3 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

That’s nothing compared to the welcome sign for Schitt’s Creek...

141119schitts-creek1.jpg

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

47 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Trump referenced a specific event where one side was explicitly promoting racism, white nationalism, and murdered a person, while the other side was opposing star spangled fascism and didn't even murder anyone.  

Alum said that losing your goddamn mind over trivial bullshit is something bad apples on both sides do. We have so much proof of this it would probably be faster to list shit they didn't freak out over, and there is such a neverending supply of it from both sides that assigning more blame to one side or another becomes inane.

See how thinking works?

No, liberals are uniquely awful and censorious. Didn't you see what happened at Rutger's University?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

9 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Yeah, you have to make the insane step of taking him at his word for that.

Funny I’ve never heard him say he supports the Nazi white Nationalists. Happy I assume you are taking something he said out of context. 

34 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Funny I’ve never heard him say he supports the Nazi white Nationalists. Happy I assume you are taking something he said out of context. 

"Some very fine people on both sides"?

You're going full delusional with this defensiveness.  Trump isn't the antichrist Hitler that some Democrats seem to think he is,  but he is a stupid jackass with many, many, many telling quotes and an extensively documented history of racism

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

To insinuate Trump is a Nazi white nationalist or is in favor of that organization is absurd. 

Nazi? Yes. White nationalist? Not at all.

Boom goes the dynamite.

11 hours ago, renoskier said:

Why is it assumed that folks who want to replace some artwork are either left or right?

I know it's a sports board but does everything have to be about teams?

I'm sure HS kids in inner-city SF are big-time right wingers. Same with the school officials. 

7 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I'm sure HS kids in inner-city SF are big-time right wingers. Same with the school officials. 

Why do the kids, or anyone else,  have to be either? 

Maybe, the folks who see this everyday don't like it and want to paint something else. Who cares, why is a left vs right thing?

9 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Why do the kids, or anyone else,  have to be either? 

Maybe, the folks who see this everyday don't like it and want to paint something else. Who cares, why is a left vs right thing?

Yeah. I agree. We should paint over all sorts of culturally significant pieces of artwork, or plaster corporate logos (approved by an implicit bias committee) on top of them, so people aren't offended by such things. 

7 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Yeah. I agree. We should paint over all sorts of culturally significant pieces of artwork, or plaster corporate logos (approved by an implicit bias committee) on top of them, so people aren't offended by such things. 

So, where does painting over them fall on you're "offended" scale?

15 minutes ago, renoskier said:

So, where does painting over them fall on you're "offended" scale?

Offended? I'm all for it. I think they haven't gone far enough. People can't see things that make them uncomfortable. They should push to paint over Guernica as well, and any other piece of visual art that could offend people. And burn literature that could be offensive or subversive. It cannot stand. 

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

Offended? I'm all for it. I think they haven't gone far enough. People can't see things that make them uncomfortable. They should push to paint over Guernica as well, and any other piece of visual art that could offend people. And burn literature that could be offensive or subversive. It cannot stand. 

7 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

All for it too...  next up?  Sistine Chapel.... those religious frescos hate gays!

v0icAvfW.jpg

On 5/2/2019 at 2:46 PM, Joe from WY said:

Honestly, the religious extremists like the Taliban/ISIS and the New American Left have a lot in common with one another. 

Though a key difference is the lack of beheadings

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

So far. 

They're close. We all know ISIS got their start by forming drum circle protests in Central Park and putting vagina hats on their heads.