Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Facebook bans extremist leaders including Louis Farrakhan, Alex Jones, Milo Yiannopoulos for being ‘dangerous’

18 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

It's not about disassociating from anyone. It's about the targeting of political opinions social media companies don't like. When Twitter bans Alex Jones but not Hamas or the Muslim Brotherhood there is a problem. 

So in other words you want them to ban those whose opinions you don’t like instead....

got it,  it’s not a principle you stand on but rather your just not happy it’s your ox being gored.  

30 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

So in other words you want them to ban those whose opinions you don’t like instead....

got it,  it’s not a principle you stand on but rather your just not happy it’s your ox being gored.  

As usual you are mistaken. 

If you say Alex Jones and the like are dangerous and you ban them but not groups like Hamas then you don’t have a standard applied across the board. If Jones is a danger than why are terrorist groups that actually kill people aren’t? 

I’m not for censorship. I’m for having ideas out there and defeating them with logic and debate. People can make up their own minds. The left doesn’t think so and they want voices that don’t agree with them to be silenced. 

I think it is far better for everyone to hear the ideas from all sides. In the lefts case it makes it so much more clear how insane most of their ideas are. 

1 hour ago, Rebelbacker said:

If you say Alex Jones and the like are dangerous and you ban them but not groups like Hamas then you don’t have a standard applied across the board. If Jones is a danger than why are terrorist groups that actually kill people aren’t? 

I’m not for censorship. I’m for having ideas out there and defeating them with logic and debate. People can make up their own minds. The left doesn’t think so and they want voices that don’t agree with them to be silenced. 

I think it is far better for everyone to hear the ideas from all sides. In the lefts case it makes it so much more clear how insane most of their ideas are. 

That’s free speech.   Alex jones can call sandy hook survivors crisis actors on conservative media and y’all can talk KKK on infowars.  The “fake news” doesn’t have to provide a platform for that garbage frankly.   

Posted Image

7 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

More insane than the racist garbage many of these people spew!?

long before this, I have consistently talked about using big business as a means to stifle speech.   But, I’m far more worried about people being Doxxed, fired, and losing their living.  Rarely did any on the right agree.  Now some racist garbage is denied access and suddenly many of you come out. 

11 minutes ago, renoskier said:

How come all you snowflakes aren't whining about Louis Farrakhan being banned?

Well duh, he's the only one that actually deserved it. They had to get rid of some poor innocent alt-righters at the same time so the liburrrllllllls couldn't cry about it! 

- Donald Trump Jr. probably

51 minutes ago, pokebball said:

It kinda feels to me like we're all haters.  I want my free shyt!

Well, get yourself a Facebook and Twitter account, I don't know for sure but I believe they are free.

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

More insane than the racist garbage many of these people spew!?

long before this, I have consistently talked about using big business as a means to stifle speech.   But, I’m far more worried about people being Doxxed, fired, and losing their living.  Rarely did any on the right agree.  Now some racist garbage is denied access and suddenly many of you come out. 

Yeah. Reparations. New green deal, free college, medicare for all.etc. 

Saying racist doesn't matter anymore. Anything the left disagrees with they say is racist. The left has destroyed the use of the word. 

I'm not for doxxing or people getting fired for their political beliefs.  That's a tactic of the left. 

44 minutes ago, renoskier said:

How come all you snowflakes aren't whining about Louis Farrakhan being banned?

I don't think he should be banned either as long as he isn't calling for violence. 

1 hour ago, Rebelbacker said:

Saying racist doesn't matter anymore. Anything the left disagrees with they say is racist. The left has destroyed the use of the word. 

I'm not for doxxing or people getting fired for their political beliefs.  That's a tactic of the left. 

I don't think he should be banned either as long as he isn't calling for violence. 

My preferred outcome is none of them are banned.

110926run_defense710.jpg

2 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

Well the right is going around calling anyone that criticizes the state of Israel an anti-Semite so slow that roll on the old leftist tactics.  It's extreme politics tactics and it's all horse-shit.

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

Hey, I just looked at Infowars for the first time. It's up and running. As far as I can tell, it hasn't been shutdown or censored.

WTF, is all the crying about?

No one shut down Infowars itself. That was never the issue. 

This isn't about Infowars for me. I think most of what they put out is nonsense. My issue is deplatforming people because you disagree with them politically and saying it is because they are "dangerous". Especially considering they allow actual terrorist groups access to the same platforms. 

20 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Well the right is going around calling anyone that criticizes the state of Israel an anti-Semite so slow that roll on the old leftist tactics.  It's extreme politics tactics and it's all horse-shit.

What I'm seeing is that the right is all over Ilhan Omar and Tlaib because of things they've ACTUALLY SAID about Israel that is anti-semetic. If you have other examples I'd love to see them. 

5 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

No one shut down Infowars itself. That was never the issue. 

This isn't about Infowars for me. I think most of what they put out is nonsense. My issue is deplatforming people because you disagree with them politically and saying it is because they are "dangerous". Especially considering they allow actual terrorist groups access to the same platforms. 

It's Facebook's platform, they created it, they can run it however they want. If that means turning away business, so be it.

If there's demand for a more open platform, the market will create it. You know, capitalism.