Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

SJSU’s David Fales is out of the NFL and Likely Will Never Play Again

8 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

That’ll buy him a condo. Derek Carr makes more than that in one game. 

Derek Carr has moved on from that 2013 loss. You? Not so much.But then again, you don’t make Derek Carr-like money. Nor David Fales-like money, for that matter. 

Champ Logo.jpg

2 hours ago, Mike Morgan said:

Derek Carr has moved on from that 2013 loss. You? Not so much.But then again, you don’t make Derek Carr-like money. Nor David Fales-like money, for that matter. 

Mike, you can create the narrative however you want, but I’ve definitely enjoyed the aftermath of the 2013 season. The hope created on your side when you beat an extremely depleted Fresno team (evidence in the OP) only to be absolutely crushed by Brennan. 3-22.  Sitting as the worst team in MWC history- Football and basketball.  Two MWC champions on our side. A 12 win season. Ranked #18. Carr a pro bowler and Fales out of the league.

But, but... that 2013 where we finished as MWC champs was just so crushing. Lol. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

This thread is ridiculous and reeks of envy.  The guy already lasted longer in the NFL than 75% of 6th round NFL draft picks.  Financially, he is likely set for life and can choose any path.  Additionally, it is not out of the realm of possibility that he catches on as a QB with another team or another league.

38 minutes ago, Sputnik46 said:

I’ll never understand how certain people can take so much pleasure in seeing someone’s dream career ending.

What are you talking about?  

Fales has been Applebee’s Employee   of the Month several times. His career is just starting. 

On 5/1/2019 at 8:57 AM, TheTedfordTrain said:

Mike, you can create the narrative however you want, but I’ve definitely enjoyed the aftermath of the 2013 season. The hope created on your side when you beat an extremely depleted Fresno team (evidence in the OP) only to be absolutely crushed by Brennan. 3-22.  Sitting as the worst team in MWC history- Football and basketball.  Two MWC champions on our side. A 12 win season. Ranked #18. Carr a pro bowler and Fales out of the league.

But, but... that 2013 where we finished as MWC champs was just so crushing. Lol. 

If someone that didn’t know anything about FBS teams read this, they would think that SJSU was some kind of USC and a top rival with Fresno for decades and decades. But it’s not, and that’s why you get the little midget man award on the board year after year.

Think about it. This would be like a Boise fan doing the same thing to Idaho. Is there a Boise fan out there comparable to TTT?  There probably is, but he ain’t here, so we don’t know. Maybe maybe little TiTTy boy will grow up some day and choose to mentally compete with other schools in the MWC. Imagine that! 

kat.jpg

4 hours ago, Cincy said:

There are plenty of Applebee’s in the Detroit area

Some of the best boneless buffalo wings I had. Not bad.

30 minutes ago, 406WarriorFan said:

I was hoping he'd stick around with the Dolphins enough to drive their season straight into oblivion this year.

They’re quite capable of doing that without his help, if the last 20 years are any indication. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

13 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

They’re quite capable of doing that without his help, if the last 20 years are any indication. 

They're better at winning 7 games a year and finishing outside of the top 10 in draft position. I thought Fales would give them a legitimate shot at Tua...Fales would have gone down as one of my favorite Dolphins had that happened. 

17 minutes ago, 406WarriorFan said:

They're better at winning 7 games a year and finishing outside of the top 10 in draft position. I thought Fales would give them a legitimate shot at Tua...Fales would have gone down as one of my favorite Dolphins had that happened. 

#TankforTua

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.