Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoboMan59

Virginia to the White House… No Thanks!

7 hours ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

How? Has zero impact on anything. Zero. 

Uh-huh.

Retro spelled it out in the next post I quoted below. I didn't realize there was a need to. My mistake.

6 hours ago, retrofade said:

White supremacists literally marched on their campus chanting "blood and soil" and "jews will not replace us" the day before those same people held a rally that ended up with someone driving a car through counter-protesters and killing a woman. Then Trump legitimized them by saying that there were "very fine people" on both sides. Of any team, this is the one that has a more than legitimate reason to turn down a visit. I'll leave it at that.

Plus, why make the trip up there if they're just going to get served fast food. :rotflmfao:

6 hours ago, ole blu dude said:

I think the wrath they are concerned with would be from the good people of Virginia.

I did not vote for Trump I'm a registered Demo, but I would be upset if a team from Utah turned down a visit to the White house regardless of what party the president belonged to.

I get that, but I'm not sure it has anything to do with what party is in the White House.

And fwiw, I am registered as an independent. I hate them all, lol.

7 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

The White House is a pretty cool tour. I wonder if the Virginia kids also refuse to visit Monticello a few miles off the UVA campus because Jefferson owned slaves. 

Yes, because that's obviously the same thing. Jesus Christ..........

Meeting a white supremacist is neither an honor nor a privilege. The White House will still be there in 2021 if they’d like to visit. 

And before anyone says that the “very fine people” quote was taken out of context, let me just point out that the context makes it worse. That he couldn’t muster up the courage to call the “protesters” what they were - racists, nazis, white supremacists, and in at least once case a murderer - is absolutely appalling. It will go down in history as one of the most abhorrent public statements ever made by a president.  

Good for uva basketball.

8 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Meeting a white supremacist is neither an honor nor a privilege. The White House will still be there in 2021 if they’d like to visit. 

And before anyone says that the “very fine people” quote was taken out of context, let me just point out that the context makes it worse. That he couldn’t muster up the courage to call the “protesters” what they were - racists, nazis, white supremacists, and in at least once case a murderer - is absolutely appalling. It will go down in history as one of the most abhorrent public statements ever made by a president.  

Good for uva basketball.

A white supremacist. Lol. Haters gonna keep hating. 

43 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Good for uva basketball.

Once again you post and have no idea what you are talking about. I know you don't like facts that go against your narrative of hate but they are called facts for a reason. 

About the driver of the car you said "he couldn't muster up the courage to call the protesters what they were" here you go:

TRUMP: Well, I think the driver of the car is a disgrace to himself, his family and his country. And that is -- you can call it terrorism. You can call it murder. You can call it whatever you want. I would just call it as the fastest one to come up with a good verdict. That's what I'd call it. Because there is a question. Is it murder? Is it terrorism? And then you get into legal semantics. The driver of the car is a murderer. And what he did was a horrible, horrible, inexcusable thing.

Oh and about how he never condemned the neo-nazi's

Trump: "As I said on -- remember, Saturday -- we condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence. It has no place in America. And then it went on from there.

So instead of not doing it, as you said, he did it twice. You are so blinded by hate you refuse to even see the truth. 

1 hour ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Good for uva basketball.

Come on now.  You can call him a dozen things, but he is not a white supremacist by any stretch of the rational imagination.

lol @ leftists thinking that “white supremacists” are a big deal in this nation in 2019. 100 moronic Aryans and SJW’s need a safe space but Farrakhan packs in 15,000 at his meetings and not a peep, because CNN and MSNBC didn’t tell you to get “woke”. I swear critical thinking is a lost art.

On 4/27/2019 at 11:43 AM, Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits said:

Snowflakes. Respect the office whether you like the man or not. 

Nah, individualism is far more American than worshiping a political office. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 4/27/2019 at 9:21 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Good for uva basketball.

So let me ask, did the people who setup this rally have a right to do so?  which they called it Unite the Right, which was primarily to support the statue of Robert E. Lee.   
And then is everyone who did support keeping the Lee statue a nazi racist?   And if they are, should they not be allowed to march and do what they were doing?  Are they all just as guilty as the one individual who used his car to run into the crowd?  Shouldn't they all be put on trial and hanged?  What should be done? 

25 minutes ago, pokerider said:

So let me ask, did the people who setup this rally have a right to do so?  which they called it Unite the Right, which was primarily to support the statue of Robert E. Lee.   
And then is everyone who did support keeping the Lee statue a nazi racist?   And if they are, should they not be allowed to march and do what they were doing?  Are they all just as guilty as the one individual who used his car to run into the crowd?  Shouldn't they all be put on trial and hanged?  What should be done? 

We can always count on you to provide absurd hyperbole in an attempt to defend the far right. Let's look at some facts here...

The Rally was organized by two well-known white supremacists and neo-nazis --- Jason Kessler and Richard Spencer. They certainly had the Constitutional right to hold their rally, and I don't think most people who believe in the First Amendment would disagree. Hell, the ACLU backed up his lawsuit against the city when they tried to force them to move the rally to a different park. The attendees even had the right to be neo-nazis, white supremacists, or whatever else. The night before the rally, a group of 200-250 white supremacists marched through the UVA campus chanting, "white lives matter", "you will not replace us", "Jews will not replace us", and "blood and soil". Those are all well-known "slogans" of the white supremacist and neo-nazi (and even real nazi) movements.

So let's look at the groups that we know promoted the event:

Some of the other groups that attended:

There were other attendees, but every single person or group that I have listed above either proudly claim to be or are associated with at least one of the following designations: neo-Nazi, alt-right, white supremacist/nationalist, neo-Confederate, neo-fascist, or anti-semite. 

I'm sure that there were probably some attendees who just didn't want the statue of Robert E. Lee to be removed because of some belief in the preservation of history. It's also pretty safe to say that those people were likely in the extreme minority, and the ones that were prominent in the two events fit into one of the categories that @SJSUMFA2013 described, and yet Trump couldn't or wouldn't call them out on it. 

Nobody but James Fields is directly to blame for his decision to drive his car through a group of people and kill Heather Heyer in the process. That being said, since the election of Trump, we have seen something of an emboldening of these types of groups, and an increase in these types of incidents. Trump should have distanced himself from it, and called those groups out for what they are, but he knows that those groups also make up a good portion of his radical base, so he couldn't. 

On 4/27/2019 at 9:23 AM, retrofade said:

White supremacists literally marched on their campus chanting "blood and soil" and "jews will not replace us" the day before those same people held a rally that ended up with someone driving a car through counter-protesters and killing a woman. Then Trump legitimized them by saying that there were "very fine people" on both sides. Of any team, this is the one that has a more than legitimate reason to turn down a visit. I'll leave it at that.

Plus, why make the trip up there if they're just going to get served fast food. :rotflmfao:

This wasn't the reason they gave.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

On 4/27/2019 at 9:37 AM, retrofade said:

If I'm hazarding a guess here, that's the story they're going with to avoid the wrath of Trump coming down on them.

As long as you admit this is a hazard guess, I'm cool with it.

On 4/27/2019 at 9:23 AM, retrofade said:

All great points.  That certainly was one of the lowest points of his presidency.  Good for Virginia players for taking a stand.  

3 minutes ago, alum93 said:

All great points.  That certainly was one of the lowest points of his presidency.  Good for Virginia players for taking a stand.  

Please quote any of the Virginia players on taking this stand.  Just one

7 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Please quote any of the Virginia players on taking this stand.  Just one

How about not going to the WH.  I am assuming that this thread was correct and they refused to go if invited, so if that was a made up story i stand corrected.

1 minute ago, alum93 said:

How about not going to the WH.  I am assuming that this thread was correct and they refused to go if invited, so if that was a made up story i stand corrected.

It should be real easy then, for you to find me one quote regarding this stand, from one of the players.  And one might exist, I don't know.  I haven't seen it yet.

2 minutes ago, alum93 said:

I thought it was because it was more than a 2 hour bus ride:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

It should be real easy then, for you to find me one quote regarding this stand, from one of the players.  And one might exist, I don't know.  I haven't seen it yet.

Per the article posted, this is good enough for me.

The University of Virginia men’s basketball team has said it won’t celebrate its national championship win at the White House with President Donald Trump.

The Cavaliers’ head coach Tony Bennett said his side “would have to respectfully decline an invitation,” in a statement shared to Twitter on Friday.