Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoboMan59

Virginia to the White House… No Thanks!

Admins, move this it’s been posted already... I kind of figured this would be an ongoing thing by just about every team title winner, except maybe hockey... does that sound bad? 

“Cavaliers head coach Tony Bennett said the national champions “would have to respectfully decline an invitation” to Donald Trump’s official residence.”

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5cc42475e4b04eb7ff96381c?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

I did not vote for Trump, but that is just silly, you do not have to like the president, but you can respect the office. This will have no impact other than looking foolish and immature.

I think of presidents that have got us into Vietnam, lied to the congress, to the American people etc. I do not look at Trump as any worse than than those clowns yet if I was invited to visit with any of them I would go.

17 minutes ago, ole blu dude said:

I did not vote for Trump, but that is just silly, you do not have to like the president, but you can respect the office. This will have no impact other than looking foolish and immature.

I think of presidents that have got us into Vietnam, lied to the congress, to the American people etc. I do not look at Trump as any worse than than those clowns yet if I was invited to visit with any of them I would go.

White supremacists literally marched on their campus chanting "blood and soil" and "jews will not replace us" the day before those same people held a rally that ended up with someone driving a car through counter-protesters and killing a woman. Then Trump legitimized them by saying that there were "very fine people" on both sides. Of any team, this is the one that has a more than legitimate reason to turn down a visit. I'll leave it at that.

Plus, why make the trip up there if they're just going to get served fast food. :rotflmfao:

9 minutes ago, retrofade said:

White supremacists literally marched on their campus chanting "blood and soil" and "jews will not replace us" the day before those same people held a rally that ended up with someone driving a car through counter-protesters and killing a woman. Then Trump legitimized them by saying that there were "very fine people" on both sides. Of any team, this is the one that has a more than legitimate reason to turn down a visit. I'll leave it at that.

Plus, why make the trip up there if they're just going to get served fast food. :rotflmfao:

But now they are not going because not all of them can make it, and they all must travel together.According to their coach this is not political. Is he not being honest in the reason for not going ?

6 minutes ago, ole blu dude said:

But now they are not going because not all of them can make it, and they all must travel together.According to their coach this is not political. Is he not being honest in the reason for not going ?

If I'm hazarding a guess here, that's the story they're going with to avoid the wrath of Trump coming down on them.

15 minutes ago, ole blu dude said:

Who cares? And when Trump says "they were never invited anyway", is he being honest?

7 minutes ago, retrofade said:

If I'm hazarding a guess here, that's the story they're going with to avoid the wrath of Trump coming down on them.

I think the wrath they are concerned with would be from the good people of Virginia.

I did not vote for Trump I'm a registered Demo, but I would be upset if a team from Utah turned down a visit to the White house regardless of what party the president belonged to.

2 minutes ago, ole blu dude said:

I think the wrath they are concerned with would be from the good people of Virginia.

I did not vote for Trump I'm a registered Demo, but I would be upset if a team from Utah turned down a visit to the White house regardless of what party the president belonged to.

Well, you'll never have to worry about that will you?

i wouldn't walk across the street to spit on let alone meet Trump.  That said, a visit to the White House is very likely a once in a lifetime opportunity.  I'd go and have a great time while there taking in the history and appreciating the place where I would be standing.

The comment about declining based on logistics seems to be pretty thin.  If it was deemed an honor to get a White House visit the players, coaches and the university would make sure it happens.  No way this team doesn't visit Obama in the White House.  It's political and everyone knows it.

5 hours ago, retrofade said:

For someone that reads the "news" all day you should know by now that quote is being taken completely out of context. But it is you, so I don't put it past you that you do know and are doing it anyway. TDS is a hell of a drug. 

Guest #1Stunner
7 hours ago, ole blu dude said:

I agree.  It's tragic and stupid.

Denies the young men and folks associated with the basketball team the opportunity of a lifetime---a visit to the White House.   Really dumb that people play politics on stuff like this.