Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warbow

MWC NFL draftees

3 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Well, SDSU had one draftee, which IIRC means we've had at least one for 9 of the last 10 years. We would have had two but for OL Ryan Pope being such a knucklehead. I saw that somebody signed the kid as a free agent and since he certainly has the size and ability to make an NFL roster, if some veteran can take the guy under his wing and get him to stop committin personal fouls when opposing players piss him off, he could stick.

Edit: You have to wonder about the quality of Boise's QB coach. Rypien was a 4-star recruit and 4-year starter with a ton of physical ability, an uncle who won a Super Bowl and some very good receivers to throw to but he wasn't even drafted? Are you effing kidding me? Did he coach the kid DOWN?

Not every 4 star recruit gets drafted. Ill bet it’s not a high percentage. It’s hard to tell if it’s coaching or not given that Boise doesn’t get a ton of 4 star QBs 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

USU

Drafted

• Darwin Thompson - 6th round--> KC Chiefs  (this makes it 5 USU RB's drafted since 2012)

UDFA

• Dax Raymond --> CHI Bears (a little surprised Raymond went undrafted. Breaking his hand and not testing well on strength tests at the combine may have cost him)
  • Ron'Quavion Tarver --> CHI Bears
  • Jontrell Rocquemore --> CLE Browns
  • Aaron Wade --> CLE Browns
  • Gaje Ferguson --> KC Chiefs
  • Roman Andrus --> KC Chiefs
  • Aaren Vaughns --> IND Colts

2 hours ago, Bob said:

No, man. I was pretty surprised he went undrafted. Carl Granderson was the other one that I thought would get drafted, but didn't

Before the CSU game, I would have guessed Wyo to have (3) players drafted and not one was Epps, lol. That said, he is very deserving. 

2 hours ago, Bob said:

No, man. I was pretty surprised he went undrafted. Carl Granderson was the other one that I thought would get drafted, but didn't

If Granderson wouldn't have gotten into trouble, he would have for sure been drafted.  He cost himself a lot of money.  

52 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

If Granderson wouldn't have gotten into trouble, he would have for sure been drafted.  He cost himself a lot of money.  

Yeah, I really thought Granderson looked like an NFL guy. Maybe a bit of a tweener, but I could see him bulking up and playing DE or OLB in a 3-4 right now.