Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sactowndog

Drug Distributor charged

12 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

Yeah. I'm sure that'll solve everything. 

Well I’m Libertarian about drugs but that would include a warning label about their true affects.   In this case, a lot of people were hooked by guys like these prescribing narcotics for long term chronic pain.   Lies pushed by people who knew better.   These guys are no better than common corner drug pushers.  

People doing these drugs know the risk. Fentanyl is the drug that kills so easily and they need to stop it. But all the docs have to do is prescribe hydrocodon because it contains Tylenol and you can’t take too many or you’ll end up at the hospital with liver toxicity or worse. Yes, there’s a trick you can do, if you put some in a little cup and wait for it to dissolve, the Tylenol will fall to the bottom. Then you can drink the water in the small cup. But that is such a pain in the ass. 

The problem with cracking down is good docs get scared and then under treat pain, or not treat it at all. My aunt died of cancer recently and she suffered more than she should’ve because the doc prescribed it light. I would rather have idiots die of stupidity rather than cancer patients and others having to suffer. Just make sure there’s enough treatment resources for addiction in every area. And if they kill themselves, that’s their choice to play with fire. 

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

People doing these drugs know the risk. Fentanyl is the drug that kills so easily and they need to stop it. But all the docs have to do is prescribe hydrocodon because it contains Tylenol and you can’t take too many or you’ll end up at the hospital with liver toxicity or worse. Yes, there’s a trick you can do, if you put some in a little cup and wait for it to dissolve, the Tylenol will fall to the bottom. Then you can drink the water in the small cup. But that is such a pain in the ass. 

The problem with cracking down is good docs get scared and then under treat pain, or not treat it at all. My aunt died of cancer recently and she suffered more than she should’ve because the doc prescribed it light. I would rather have idiots die of stupidity rather than cancer patients and others having to suffer. Just make sure there’s enough treatment resources for addiction in every area. And if they kill themselves, that’s their choice to play with fire. 

Many of them do not know the risk. They trust their doctor and pharmacist to educate them on the risk. And when that fails, the pts expect results that arent achievable.

Many types of pain aren't even treated well with opiates. Pain management is such a challenge to treat properly but it has to be known that it's almost impossible to be 100% pain free. 

Also I don't understand your Norco example, there are many drugs that don't contain Tylenol if the patient is at risk for liver toxicity.

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

LOLing at this rebrand attempt. :lol:

Libertarian about drugs meaning I’m highly opposed to the drug war.   But thanks for your consistent response where you can’t intelligently address the point.   5th grade seems to be your ceiling.

Just now, sactowndog said:

Libertarian about drugs meaning I’m highly opposed to the drug war.   But thanks for your consistent response where you can’t intelligently address the point.   5th grade seems to be your ceiling.

5th grade? This coming from a goon who thought it was his calling to start a civil war. Lol

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 12:39 AM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

These are the drug dealers who should be locked up for life.

Yeah, but their survival isn't criminalized like most people in prison for drug offenses

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

On 4/26/2019 at 4:01 AM, Nevada Convert said:

People know the risk of heroin too.  It is in the opioid family as well.  Yet, it is illegal due to it's dangerous characteristics.

What is the difference between heroin and fentanyl or oxy's, damage-wise?  Nothing but stigma.

1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

People know the risk of heroin too.  It is in the opioid family as well.  Yet, it is illegal due to it's dangerous characteristics.

What is the difference between heroin and fentanyl or oxy's, damage-wise?  Nothing but stigma.

Heroin is just a more lipophilic chemical that crosses the blood-brain barrier quicker and then is metabolized into morphine where it has its observed opiate effects.

10 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

Heroin is just a more lipophilic chemical that crosses the blood-brain barrier quicker and then is metabolized into morphine where it has its observed opiate effects.

The doc is in the house!  In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind hearing your opinion on pharmaceutical drugs and their effects relative to street drugs.

50 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

The doc is in the house!  In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind hearing your opinion on pharmaceutical drugs and their effects relative to street drugs.

When it's all said and done, the usual suspects (opiates and methamphetamine) are only different in how/where they are manufactured. Pharmaceutical company vs street chemist. The former is pretty consistent obviously and the other varies greatly in terms of concentration and actual chemical (sold as oxycodone on street when actually fentanyl).