Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

SJSU gets neutral site game against Oregon State in Vegas

@mugtang Thanks, I think I'll go. Vegas is always a fun trip. B)

2 minutes ago, crixus said:

@mugtang Thanks, I think I'll go. Vegas is always a fun trip. B)

It’s a good excuse for a trip to Vegas. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Gonna be thrilling for the 6 people in attendance 

That’s generous 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

23 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Gonna be thrilling for the 6 people in attendance 

Great seats though.  Can't deny that

22 hours ago, toonkee said:

I heard it's going to be at a 24 hour fitness.

Lolzzz.  I love how their courts aren’t even regulation size. The 3 point line ends on the sidelines. 

Let's get real. ANY place these two teams square off would be a neutral court.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

11 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Wait, why is this a thing? 

Vegas+Sign.gif

Because any reason to go there is good. 

Very strange. If this indeed part of a tournament, then it is disingenuous, not to mention weird, to announce it as a neutral site game. And since when do teams know who they play in the first round of a tournament this far in advance?

If it is actually a real neutral site game, wow will the stands be empty.

Good for the few dedicated fans that will actually make the trip.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

10 hours ago, crixus said:

Vegas+Sign.gif

Because any reason to go there is good. 

I just don’t see how this makes sense for either school. Nobody in Vegas is going to care about this game, I don’t see OSU fans coming out here for a 1-off against SJSU when they can come out for the Pac-12 tourney, and the few SJSU basketball fans out there don’t travel well.

Hell, I don’t travel from Summerlin to watch them play UNLV here, I’m damn sure not going to drive to watch them play against one of the few Pac-12 schools I legitimately give zero Fs about.

12 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I just don’t see how this makes sense for either school. Nobody in Vegas is going to care about this game, I don’t see OSU fans coming out here for a 1-off against SJSU when they can come out for the Pac-12 tourney, and the few SJSU basketball fans out there don’t travel well.

Hell, I don’t travel from Summerlin to watch them play UNLV here, I’m damn sure not going to drive to watch them play against one of the few Pac-12 schools I legitimately give zero Fs about.

I'll probably go, but if it were in another neutral site I doubt I would. I always have fun in Las Vegas, for a couple of days. By day three I'm burnt out and can't wait to go home. B)