Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sean327

Soldiers Surrendered to Mexican army on US Side of the Border.

6 minutes ago, sean327 said:

Sounds like a good decision to deescalate situation especially considering the odds.

A confusing spot, south of the border fence but still on American soil.

1 hour ago, sean327 said:

Seems like they got caught to quickly, couldn't respond without escalating. While embarrassing to a certain point of view I have a bigger issue. The actual border has been known for 150 years. Those Mexicans knew the river was the boundary, garauntee it. They harassed our servicemen on purpose, I'll put money on it.

1 minute ago, NVBlueNeck said:

Seems like they got caught to quickly, couldn't respond without escalating. While embarrassing to a certain point of view I have a bigger issue. The actual border has been known for 150 years. Those Mexicans knew the river was the boundary, garauntee it. They harassed our servicemen on purpose, I'll put money on it.

Once again, did you read the whole article? Sounds like a confusing spot; maybe they Marines weren't exactly sure either.

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

Once again, did you read the whole article? Sounds like a confusing spot; maybe they Marines weren't exactly sure either.

That is why you use border patrol instead of untrained military.   The Mexicans know those guys and border patrol knows the deal.    We have been telling them to get tougher on random coyotes on the border.   What do you expect? 

Posted Image

4 hours ago, renoskier said:

Sounds like a good decision to deescalate situation especially considering the odds.

A confusing spot, south of the border fence but still on American soil.

Agreed, but the US needs to raise holy hell about it and make sure it doesn't happen again.

On 4/23/2019 at 5:29 PM, renoskier said:

I don't think they were Marines but yeah, maybe a covfefe spot.

I used to guard nukes in the Marine Corps.  One night me and a buddy got permission to go outside the compound but then wound up in a confrontation with base police.  Some poor cop pointed his .38 at us and screamed for us to drop our weapons.   My buddy and I looked at him, looked at each other, then back at him.  We were like wtf?  We were loaded for combat, M16s and all but technically we were on his turf.  We knew we'd catch shit from our peers but we did the smart thing and gave up our weapons.

Now, if we were on the border and armed foreigners accosted us people probably would've died.

10 hours ago, easybronc said:

I don't think they were Marines but yeah, maybe a covfefe spot.

I used to guard nukes in the Marine Corps.  One night me and a buddy got permission to go outside the compound but then wound up in a confrontation with base police.  Some poor cop pointed his .38 at us and screamed for us to drop our weapons.   My buddy and I looked at him, looked at each other, then back at him.  We were like wtf?  We were loaded for combat, M16s and all but technically we were on his turf.  We knew we'd catch shit from our peers but we did the smart thing and gave up our weapons.

Now, if we were on the border and armed foreigners accosted us people probably would've died.

I highly doubt Marines would turn over their weapons to a foreign military voluntarily. 

down in a hole.jpg

@renoskier, @NVBlueNeck, @Akkula

My apologies for not responding earlier.

There have been numerous incursions accross the border by Mexican military personnel the last 5 years. You can bet your ass these two NG clowns were briefed on them. I'll bet $100 these two idiots we're racked out, or playing on their phones when this happened. No excuse for them getting surprised by anyone, let alone a squad of Mexican soldiers. It's embarrassing, but the Marine in me can't stop laughing about it. These two geniuses singlehandedly upheld every stereotype Marines have about the Army and the National Guard. Phucking amateurs!!

The Americans were in an unmarked Customs and Border Protection (CBP) vehicle near the southwest border when they were approached by an unmarked truck.

AWESOME. So both militaries are using unmarked vehicles, no wonder there was "confusion" as to who was whom.

'An inquiry by CBP and DOD [Department of Defense] revealed that the Mexican military members believed that the US Army soldiers were south of the border,' the statement said.

Mystery solved. While the border is defined as where the Rio Grande is, all changes to the river, and therefore the border, also have to be approved. According to uncited Wikipedia (the only source MWCboard should trust), there are about 60 mini exclaves on either side of the Rio Grande, waiting for official approval. Google also shows the border drifting away from the satellite river image around that area. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

4 minutes ago, happycamper said:

dang it @mugtang I did not want nested quotes

learn to mwcboard better 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

learn to mwcboard better 

I used tried and true

[quote} lsakjfsklfj [/quote}

skasdjflsk?

[quote} covfefe [/quote}

erbslpan!

mwcboard needs to re learn how to happycamper better

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

11 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I used tried and true

[quote} lsakjfsklfj [/quote}

skasdjflsk?

[quote} covfefe [/quote}

erbslpan!

mwcboard needs to re learn how to happycamper better

code coding GIF by Product Hunt

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, sean327 said:

@renoskier, @NVBlueNeck, @Akkula

My apologies for not responding earlier.

There have been numerous incursions accross the border by Mexican military personnel the last 5 years. You can bet your ass these two NG clowns were briefed on them. I'll bet $100 these two idiots we're racked out, or playing on their phones when this happened. No excuse for them getting surprised by anyone, let alone a squad of Mexican soldiers. It's embarrassing, but the Marine in me can't stop laughing about it. These two geniuses singlehandedly upheld every stereotype Marines have about the Army and the National Guard. Phucking amateurs!!

Haha    A little off thread but we did an exercise with the Navy Seals once.  They were attacking some outpost while we defended.  It was an all nighter.  Sometime after daylight they ended it and we drug ourselves out of the woods and the Seals went to their debriefing.  Everyone was dog ass tired and just wanted sleep but our Lt wanted to mess with their heads first.  We loved the Seals but they're still Navy, right?  So he calls us into formation and we start doing PT! ... like we're some kind of iron men and this was just another day at the office ... but only for a few minutes as the Seals walk by so they could see us.  As soon as they were out of sight he laughs and we all got some well deserved rest.