Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada Extends Knuth

Also of note SJSU’s AD is the highest paid AD in the conference. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I don’t think people realize how important an AD is until you have a bad one. Gary Groth ruined a lot at Nevada. What Knuth has done is simply amazing, and it’s not even the hires (which he does without search firms) his ability to raise money and relationship with donors is amazing.

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Also of note SJSU’s AD is the highest paid AD in the conference. 

I’m guessing the relatively high pay for SJSU’s AD has a lot to do with the cost of living in the Bay Area.

9 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I’m guessing the relatively high pay for SJSU’s AD has a lot to do with the cost of living in the Bay Area.

I’d imagine so. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

43 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I’d imagine so. 

For SJSU’s next AD hire, they should look for someone in South Dakota to telecommute in. I see no downside to that arrangement for either party. 

8 hours ago, Jaredcg said:

I don’t think people realize how important an AD is until you have a bad one. Gary Groth ruined a lot at Nevada. What Knuth has done is simply amazing, and it’s not even the hires (which he does without search firms) his ability to raise money and relationship with donors is amazing.

He’s the most important person Nevada athletics has had (other than Ault) in forever. He probably is the best AD Nevada’s ever had. Imagine what he could do if Johnson would just pull the head and fund the AD to the MWC average and forgive $5 mil of debt. That would pay dividends right away, especially in football !!!! So with those limitations, he’s still knocking it out of the park.

We’ve bashed Groth back to the Stone Age, so I won’t go there other than to say she wouldn’t allow us to “enter into the million dollar coaches sweepstakes”. We’d probably still have Carter and Polian, masters of mediocrity.

kat.jpg