Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Why is Fresno still not considered to be a peer of Boise State?

The answer is obvious.. It’s because they aren’t. Fresno hasn’t won big bowl games, hasn’t won big OOC games like @Oregon, @Georgia, @Va Tech in DC. Boise’s bad years are among Fresno’s very best. They aren’t on tv all the time, Boise has more NFL players and players that are doing well in the NFL. 

Boise is still the top football program in the MWC and will be until someone makes a big jump that consistently stays in the top 25.

On 4/24/2019 at 1:21 PM, misplacedcowboy said:

From an outsider's perspective, it seems like Fresno think's they are too good for their own zip code unlike Boise State where fans, players, and coaches rally around local talent and embrace them...

Meanwhile in Fresno...

I would say your statements were true of DeRuyter.   Not true of Tedford.   You can see the results.  

1 hour ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

I love this thread so much. 

The new king (Fresno) has really ruffled the feathers of the old king (Boise). “But, but... the old WAC!” Lol!

#sad

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

The new king (Fresno) has really ruffled the feathers of the old king (Boise). “But, but... the old WAC!” Lol!

What does the new king need to do to recruit California better?  I doubt they can ever get the CA recruits Boise can, but surely they can get a handful of 4**** players a year?  Or is the city really as horrible as everybody has said in this thread?

3 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Notice the uptick in threads targetting Fresno

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

36 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

Yeah. With all these Boise fans now trolling Fresno State, it's libel to make the Bulldogs fans so mad they'll go off and troll San Jose State.

Note: i said uptick. SJSU bashing has been pretty consistent since Hair made that dumb call

San Jose State

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

What does the new king need to do to recruit California better?  I doubt they can ever get the CA recruits Boise can, but surely they can get a handful of 4**** players a year?  Or is the city really as horrible as everybody has said in this thread?

Well we can certainly beat you all with the recruits we already get. 

3 hours ago, creeper86 said:

Yea, crazy, who would target the beautiful city and posters of Fresno?  Now fire up that swamp cooler and put on that protective mask. #valleyfever

I live in the south bay. Youre an idiot

San Jose State

1 hour ago, creeper86 said:

Sure you do....

But if you do, do your four roommates make fun of you and your Fresno ties when you leave your rented room to get something to eat?

Aw. Youre so desperate to denigrate fresno fans, you love to create narriatives in your head.

Pretty sad, but so you. 

San Jose State

Guest #1Stunner

Boise is still the KING of the Intermountain West. 

No other football program comes close ..

No other football program has been as consistently dominant as Boise over the past 15 years.   Even mighty USC has been down....

Anyone arguing otherwise is delusional and a pretender!!  Sad they can't admit the truth!!!

Fact: the Blue Turf is recognized around the world....    Only SDSU comes close in fanbase support.

Now...for the MWC.   The MWC is a Boise State world and everyone else is living in it.  They even get their own TV deal!

I know as a BYU fan, the success of the season is dependent on BYU beating Boise State.