Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Why is Fresno still not considered to be a peer of Boise State?

It has come to my attention that a lot of Fresno fans are upset that Boise State is still considered to be on a different level than then their program is.  Just look at the fact that Boise has access to the fertile recruiting grounds of California, and Fresno has to look at prospects that Boise and the P12 passed on.

Why is it Boise is able to land six 4**** recruits in a single class, and Fresno gets one 4**** recruit every 3-4 years?

Is Boise simply that much better of a place to live?  Is the program just that much more respected?  Finger Steaks?

Discuss.

11 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It has come to my attention that a lot of Fresno fans are upset that Boise State is still considered to be on a different level than then their program is.  Just look at the fact that Boise has access to the fertile recruiting grounds of California, and Fresno has to look at prospects that Boise and the P12 passed on.

Why is it Boise is able to land six 4**** recruits in a single class, and Fresno gets one 4**** recruit every 3-4 years?

Is Boise simply that much better of a place to live?  Is the program just that much more respected?  Finger Steaks?

Discuss.

SEC Mountain.

24 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Discuss.

trying-to-hard.jpg

5 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Fresno is below .500 winning percentage over the last 5 years.

Only 2 above .500 seasons in the last 5.

---

Boise hasn't had a losing record since 1997.

Yet, as many MWC championships as Boise in less years and more division championships. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

4 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Yet, as many MWC championships as Boise and more division championships. 

We've played in the same conference 17 out of the last 18 years.

Boise has won 11 championships to Fresno's 3 in those 17 years.

2 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Boise has won 11 championships to Fresno's 3 in those 17 years.

Yet Boise isn’t dominating the MWC. What’s up with that?

Image result for pot stirring gif

I call that a SJSU-level troll, at best.  They're easy pickings.  A little more effort will be required here.

Still, kudos on a football-related post.  Enough of that basketball, softball, and UNLV golf shit...

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

Get back to me when either one has the most MWC football titles.....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 minute ago, RSF said:

Get back to me when either one has the most MWC football titles.....

We have four current conference teams tied at the top with 3 titles each. After this season, we'll then have one active tied with BYU, TCU, and Utah for the most at 4 titles. 

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

We have four current conference teams tied at the top with 3 titles each. After this season, we'll then have one active tied with BYU, TCU, and Utah for the most at 4 titles. 

Like I said....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Guest #1Stunner
22 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Your titles should have an asterisk, since you never had to play TCU, UTAH or BYU, in conference.

Man.... the MWC has a almost a Power Conference back in the day.