Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

Musk Hubris? Any other car than a Tesla will be like 'owning a horse'

2 minutes ago, renoskier said:

He's quite the carnival barker; he does Trump better than Trump does Trump....and so far, without stiffing anyone with thru bankruptcy.

He's come pretty close though.  I remember a recent quote from Musk saying they were weeks away from bankruptcy at one point.  They keep saying electric cars are our future, and Ford keeps selling a boatload of F150s.  

2 minutes ago, alum93 said:

He's come pretty close though.  I remember a recent quote from Musk saying they were weeks away from bankruptcy at one point.  They keep saying electric cars are our future, and Ford keeps selling a boatload of F150s.  

Electric cars, and trucks, are our future. Just wait till the big companies get rolling, Telsa will be swallowed like plankton.

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

He's quite the carnival barker; he does Trump better than Trump does Trump....and so far, without stiffing anyone with thru bankruptcy.

Unfortunately the comparison is a good one as although Musk is vastly more intelligent, he has been showing himself to be as narcissistic as the president.

Boom goes the dynamite.

8 minutes ago, Bob said:

He's just huge subsidies and tax breaks. no big deal. +++++ Telsa

Bob, do you only object to industry subsidies when they go to what you perceive as "liberal" companies?

Lots of industries get subsidies; why do you think lobbying is such big business?

9 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

Rather have the Porsche Taycan...

See, that's the thing, real soon there are going to be a lot of different options. How will Tesla, the car company, hold up?

I think the Musk-Tesla/Panasonic battery business is going to thrive.

I think the major car companies are waiting for Tesla to break through that next barrier before going all in on it and burying them. Tesla's future could be licensing their batteries, and then still making their cars as luxury products with all of the enhanced technology that they have in the form of autopilot and other automation features. 

5 hours ago, renoskier said:

Notice he got his quote in as soon as that Tesla caught fire