Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

MWC Football HC Seat Temperature

Here’s mine. Obviously, being #1 has the hottest seat temperature. The first 3 could probably all be tied for 1st place. 

1. Hawaii

2. CSU

3. UNLV

4. New Mexico

5. SJSU  (They’re OK w/Brennan’s progress)

6. Nevada 

7. Boise St. 

8. Air Force

9. Wyoming

10. Utah St.

11. SDSU

12. Fresno St. 

kat.jpg

47 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Here’s mine. Obviously, being #1 has the hottest seat temperature. The first 3 could probably all be tied for 1st place. 

1. Hawaii

2. CSU

3. UNLV

4. New Mexico

6. Nevada 

¿You are aware Hawai'i went 5-3 (conf) & 8-6 (over-all) right?

5 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

1. Hawaii

2. CSU

3. UNLV

4. New Mexico

6. Nevada 

7. Boise St. 

8. Air Force

9. Wyoming

10. Utah St.

11. SDSU

12. Fresno St. 

I can't have Hawaii this high, but the #1 rule of MWboarding is do not complain about other people's rankings. So I'll provide mine:

DANGER ZONE 

1. CSU

2. UNLV

3. UNM

4. SJSU (really really sad they're not #1, but turd AD gonna turd AD)

No Immediate danger 

5. Hawai'i

6. Nevada

7. Boise State (In Boise, winning 9 games a year is unacceptable)

8. Wyoming

9. Air Force (And let's be real, Calhoun is a lifer there unless he has 4 straight years of losing) 

Jobs safe unless McDonalds and Couch surfing scandals are brought to light 

10. SDSU

11. Utah State

12. Fresno St. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

35 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Year 1.... 2 wins

Year 2... 1 win 

Okay...

You sure do shit post quite a bit. 

Says the guy beating the SJ Dead Horse.

8 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Year 1.... 2 wins

Year 2... 1 win 

Okay...

Hey, it's SAN!!! where simply continuing to have a football team = progress.

My rankings from hottest seat to he's there until he decides to leave:

Already a lame duck: Davie

Going bowling would get him one more year a la Hauck but he ain't goin' bowling: Fertitta Man, aka The Sanchize

Should be fired but never shoulda been hired (fire the AD too) and they probably can't afford to buy him out: Brennan

Worst bang for the buck in the conference: Bobo

Looks secure now via 8 wins but 5 were by <10 points and underrated Gangi has graduated: Norvel

See Norvel but this guy is at a place with an impoverished athletic dept: Rolovich

As martigan said, 9 wins won't cut it for very long at Boise: Harsin

Now looks great again but if history is a guide, he'll go 5-7 this year and be right back on the hot seat: Wells

Zero chance of being fired unless they commit a sex crime: Calhoun, Long and Tedford

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 minute ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Going bowling would get him one more year a la Hauck but he ain't goin' bowling: Fertitta Man, aka The Sanchize

Should be fired but never shoulda been hired (fire the AD too) and they probably can't afford to buy him out: Brennan

Looks secure now via 8 wins but 5 were by <10 points and underrated Gangi has graduated: Norvel

See Norvel but this guy is at a place with an impoverished athletic dept: Rolovich

Now looks great again but if history is a guide, he'll go 5-7 this year and be right back on the hot seat: Wells

Zero chance of being fired unless they commit a sex crime: Calhoun, Long and Tedford

:blink: I'm guessing you meant Anderson, but I think he's got a leash longer than one 5-7 season. Other than that though, I agree with all of those.

6 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Sooo you do know Matt Wells took a job as the head football coach of the Texas Tech Red Raiders? It is rumored Gary Andersen is now the head coach at Utah State. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Just now, retrofade said:

:blink: I'm guessing you meant Anderson, but I think he's got a leash longer than one 5-7 season. Other than that though, I agree with all of those.

No, I meant Wells. The guy followed up two impressive first seasons which briefly made him one of the most coveted young coaches in America with three stinkers. He had an impressive 2018 and looks to have a good recruiting class so everybody and their brother now likes him again but he loses half his starters from last year and won't surprise anybody in 2019.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 minute ago, madmartigan said:

Sooo you do know Matt Wells took a job as the head football coach of the Texas Tech Red Raiders? It is rumored Gary Andersen is now the head coach at Utah State. 

Oops. Yeah, I DID mean Andersen. ;)

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, madmartigan said:

I can't have Hawaii this high, but the #1 rule of MWboarding is do not complain about other people's rankings. So I'll provide mine:

DANGER ZONE 

1. CSU

2. UNLV

3. UNM

No Immediate danger 

5. Hawai'i

6. Nevada

8. Wyoming

9. Air Force (And let's be real, Calhoun is a lifer there unless he has 4 straight years of losing) 

10. SDSU

11. Utah State

12. Fresno St. 

Time out Batman.....watch AF and Calhoun closely.  New AD is in the house and he will take a close look at what happens with this football team.  AF is coming off two 5-7 seasons. 

If you are a Falcon fan and watch last year you know that we really could have gone 7-6 to 9-3 losing at least 3 games (if not 4) not just on the players on the field but on coaching decisions.  Two good examples are the Boise State game (AF up 28-21 with 1:12 to go.  AF holds BSU and it's 4th down 6 SECONDS to play at AF 35yd line and AF has no deep coverage (kind of like a prevent) and BSU throws over the top 45 yards from his drop for TD and go into the half 28-28, and there was more in that game) and the Army game (AF's QB Hammond who had been out with an injury was ready to play and had practiced all week but Calhoun did not start him.  Fans are going 'why'? AF goes into the half 0-14.  2nd half Hammond starts and rushes 33yrds, 1 TD, 7/15-120yrds and pitched on option for the TD to the TB, AF loses 14-17).  Other play calling at times abysmal going up the middle 4 downs with 11 players in the box stacking the line.  

Calhoun needs to make some changes in his philosophy....time will tell. 

..GO FALCONS..

25 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

It is rumored Gary Andersen is now the head coach at Utah State. 

What are the odds he just walks away halfway through the season because of poor performance like what happened at Oregon State? 

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/2017/10/canzano_gary_andersen_vowed_he.html

He seems like a bit of a head case to me.

Dead on re: Bobo at CSU.  Given the investment in the football program over the last several years, expectations have been a lot higher than what has been delivered during his tenure.  I really like the guy but have concerns about his program leadership qualities; he may be one of those guys that is best at the coordinator level.

3 hours ago, madmartigan said:

DANGER ZONE 

1. CSU

2. UNLV

3. UNM

No Immediate danger 

5. Hawai'i

6. Nevada

8. Wyoming

10. SDSU

11. Utah State

12. Fresno St. 

I expect all the top 4 to get canned if under 6 wins. UNLV will make a kind of splashy veteran hire. I can feel it with the new complex and stadium 

Related image

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

So you’ve kicked Wyoming out of the conference already?

At this point I don't think NM can buy out Davie's contract so he is probably there for the rest of his contract. So wouldn't put him on the hot seat for that reason.

UNLV, I think unless Sanchez totally craps the bed, I am thinking he is protected at UNLV.

San Jose St doesn't seem to care about athletics so I think their coach is safe.

Really personally, I think #1 on the list has to be Bobo at Colorado St. 

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

What are the odds he just walks away halfway through the season because of poor performance like what happened at Oregon State? 

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/2017/10/canzano_gary_andersen_vowed_he.html

He seems like a bit of a head case to me.

That is a fair assessment based on the information available. I have a little more insight into that specific situation, so I'm comfortable with him.