Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renoskier

OT: NBA Playoffs

7 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

I think Portland has a shot which is why i picked them at the beginning of this thread.

The Trailblazers are a very good team, but they won't win the series with Golden State. I hope they do, but I wouldn't bet on it. The Warriors truly are a basketball dynasty.

7 hours ago, crixus said:

The Trailblazers are a very good team, but they won't win the series with Golden State. I hope they do, but I wouldn't bet on it. The Warriors truly are a basketball dynasty.

They are a dynasty.  I wonder how long it will last?  I'm guessing maybe another two years.   

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

20 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

They are a dynasty.  I wonder how long it will last?  I'm guessing maybe another two years.   

If KD leaves, one more year.  Assuming they sign Thompson long term,  Green i believe will be on the market after next season.  That and 5 long years playing at this level takes its toll.  Houston, Denver, Portland, Utah, OKC, and San Antonio will on get closer when KD leaves.  This is still the best run since the Jordan days.  

The loss of KD will affect GS less than most think.  They are 28-1 when KD is missing from the lineup.  Klay is going to max out, then it becomes a question of how far will they be willing to go to retain Green, and how much longer is Iguodala going to play.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

If Portland wants to make this a series,  they better figure out how to defend a simple pick and roll.  Having your center in the lane and giving open shots to Curry or Thompson as the defender tries to go over the top of the pick won't work.  Not sure what the coach was thinking, but they played it that way the whole second half and Curry hit 8 threes.  Compare that to the shots being challenged for Portland guards when they were on offense.  

On 5/14/2019 at 9:55 AM, alum93 said:

If KD leaves, one more year.  Assuming they sign Thompson long term,  Green i believe will be on the market after next season.  That and 5 long years playing at this level takes its toll.  Houston, Denver, Portland, Utah, OKC, and San Antonio will on get closer when KD leaves.  This is still the best run since the Jordan days.  

I’m 32, and This is the longest sustained run of dominance I can remember in any pro sport. If they win this year that’ll be 4 titles in 5 years, and in the only non-title year they set the regular season record for wins and lost in the finals in 7 games. Even the Bulls had a two year lull in between the 3peats.

35 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I’m 32, and This is the longest sustained run of dominance I can remember in any pro sport. If they win this year that’ll be 4 titles in 5 years, and in the only non-title year they set the regular season record for wins and lost in the finals in 7 games. Even the Bulls had a two year lull in between the 3peats.

There were only the "Jordan days", because the NBA was the weakest in history.  Jordan's teams were killed by everyone the decade before he won and they would stand no chance today.

2 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

You know that Jordan was out of the league those two years, right?

1 hour ago, bluerules009 said:

There were only the "Jordan days", because the NBA was the weakest in history.  Jordan's teams were killed by everyone the decade before he won and they would stand no chance today.

Thats some funny stuff, that is.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Shhh...Rockets fans dont like to be reminded...

2 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

The Celtics had a pretty good run, before you were even born. You ever hear of Bill Russell and Bob Cousy? 

49 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Yea, but I’m not really sure why that matters in this context. I have never seen a team be this dominant for this many consecutive years. Every other run was either a 3peat (Bulls and Lakers), or a sustained run of very good teams over a very long period of time with some championships sprinkled in like the Patriots and Spurs.

Only thing that comes close were the mid-late 90s Yankees. But what sets the Warriors apart if they win, IMO, is that the Warriors would have made the Finals five straight years.

26 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

The Celtics had a pretty good run, before you were even born. You ever hear of Bill Russell and Bob Cousy? 

Of course I’ve heard of them, but I’m just talking about what I have personally witnessed. I’ve only seen the Celtics win one title.

1 hour ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Of course I’ve heard of them, but I’m just talking about what I have personally witnessed. I’ve only seen the Celtics win one title.

I understand, but the Celtics won 11 championships in 13 years. No other pro team has even come close to that. 

52 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I understand, but the Celtics won 11 championships in 13 years. No other pro team has even come close to that. 

You get I’m not disputing that, right? I wasn’t talking about the most dominant dynasties in history, I was just talking about the most dominant dynasties I have personally seen.