Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renoskier

OT: NBA Playoffs

The Sixers and Milwaukee look tough.  Golden State versus Houston in the second round is going to be a great series.  This is the last run for this group of Warriors before KD heads off into the sunset, or in this case NY.  I still think they will win it all.  

1 hour ago, alum93 said:

The Sixers and Milwaukee look tough.  Golden State versus Houston in the second round is going to be a great series.  This is the last run for this group of Warriors before KD heads off into the sunset, or in this case NY.  I still think they will win it all.  

I think the Raptors will take out Philly.

6 minutes ago, renoskier said:

I think the Raptors will take out Philly.

That's going to be a great series as well.  Siakam, a former NMSU Aggie, is having an awesome season playing alongside Kawhi.  He's going to be making big bucks in a couple seasons.

I think GS will eventually overwhelm the Clippers by their greater talent, but this does not look good. Houston and Portland must be licking their lips at the most vulnerable GS team in years. Hopefully the eastern conference produces a balanced team like Boston or Toronto to represent the East. I don't think Giannis hero ball (he's pretty much a younger Lebron who plays defense but can't shoot 3s) will work against any of the West's top teams.

Spurs force game 7 with win last night.  Pop is one of the all time great basketball coaches.  Currently holds most wins in NBA history and has had a winning record in 22 full seasons as head coach, all while coaching in a small market.  They don't have the horses to win it all obviously, but they continue to compete at a high level year in and year out, unlike teams from huge markets like the Knicks and Lakers.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregg_Popovich