Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akkula

Duck and Cover!

I am guessing that seeing the teacher pull out an AR-15 from the art closet and getting locked and loaded during the drills would make second graders feel a whole bunch better and safer that they aren't sitting ducks in a "gun free zone".:USFlag:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/19/health/school-threats-lockdown-effects/index.html

What school threats and lockdowns are doing to a generation of children

Posted Image

39 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

It’s not a whole lot different than in the late 50s and early 60s when we practiced taking cover under our desks in event of a nuclear attack from your Russian friends. We managed to survive unscathed. These kids will too. 

Really?  Have you seen what ended up happening to a lot of those kids?   They ended up joining racist cults of personality and suffered paranoid delusions. 

Posted Image

33 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

It’s not a whole lot different than in the late 50s and early 60s when we practiced taking cover under our desks in event of a nuclear attack from your Russian friends. We managed to survive unscathed. These kids will too. 

You’re not unscathed. Your whole generation has carried that trauma around your entire lives.

https://www.thecut.com/article/how-the-threat-of-nuclear-war-shapes-kids-psyches.html

3 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Bunker mentality,  persecution complex?   Just guessing

The article cites a couple studies that concluded that people who went through those drills were more likely to perceive threats where there were none. 

The author admits though that the last credible study was done in 1986.

5 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

You’re not unscathed. Your whole generation has carried that trauma around your entire lives.

https://www.thecut.com/article/how-the-threat-of-nuclear-war-shapes-kids-psyches.html

Pretty intense reading.   It is too bad the extremists just shrug their shoulder cause they love them sum gunz

Posted Image

I got pulled over for an illegal pass and the costa rican transito wasn't sneaking up on my car with his hand on his gun the whole time.  We had a relaxed and friendly convo and we were both at ease. He ended up letting me go. ..no he didn't ask for a bribe. 

Posted Image

6 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

The article cites a couple studies that concluded that people who went through those drills were more likely to perceive threats where there were none. 

The author admits though that the last credible study was done in 1986.

I grew up in Colorado Springs.  In the 80's in elementary school you kinda knew we were vaporized.  Maybe schools should just stop the drills as kids are toast anyway.  No need to terrorize them. 

Posted Image

3 minutes ago, Akkula said:

I grew up in Colorado Springs.  In the 80's in elementary school you kinda knew we were vaporized.  Maybe schools should just stop the drills as kids are toast anyway.  No need to terrorize them. 

I participate in active shooter drills twice a year. It’s safety theater. If someone really wants to take out a large # of people at a school and they’re smart enough not to blab about it ahead of time, there’s not much anyone can do. 

43 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I participate in active shooter drills twice a year. It’s safety theater. If someone really wants to take out a large # of people at a school and they’re smart enough not to blab about it ahead of time, there’s not much anyone can do. 

Sure there is something you can do and you can do it yourself.   All you have to be is a responsible person and you would know what to do.

Unfortunately teachers like you are uneducated twits and shouldn't be allowed responsibility.

If you go back in anyone's life you can find all kinds of reasons to blame your problems and issues on. One time I counted at least ten damaging life changing events in my life. They don’t have to shape your life. You are only a victim if you let yourself be one. 

3 hours ago, Akkula said:

I am guessing that seeing the teacher pull out an AR-15 from the art closet and getting locked and loaded during the drills would make second graders feel a whole bunch better and safer that they aren't sitting ducks in a "gun free zone".:USFlag:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/19/health/school-threats-lockdown-effects/index.html

What school threats and lockdowns are doing to a generation of children

Seems like an argument in favor of the teacher pulling out an AR-15.  Sounds like everything else they are doing is pointless.

3 hours ago, Akkula said:

Pretty intense reading.   It is too bad the extremists just shrug their shoulder cause they love them sum gunz

Misrepresenting who owns guns and why we do. But I'm not surprised. You make idiotic statements like this on the regular.

2 hours ago, red wolf rob said:

Kids are taught to fear everything from an early age... Global warming,  possible bee extinction,  plastic straws, plastic bags, trans fats, tobacco,  aerosol cans, cow farts, and countless other items. 

I think they will be just fine.

You forgot white males