Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Big Nevada FB News: Kaymen Cureton Changes From QB to Safety

This is big news because his real talent is at safety, and schools like Alabama, LSU and South Carolina really wanted him at safety. He came to Nevada because we were going to give him a shot at QB. Since that hasn’t worked out, he’s going to safety. And he’s not going to transfer to the SEC which is great. His grades on recruiting sites were based on him playing QB which had him a mid to high 3 star. But had he come out and wanted to play safety, it’s probably safe to say he would’ve been a 4 star and we wouldn’t have had a chance.

He just redshirted his second year, so he’s got 3 seasons to play 3. He should be one of the best or the best in the MWC. It’s also huge because we lost our starting safeties and was a big concern. This will be an enormous help.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/178799/kaymen-cureton

kat.jpg

3 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

This is big news because his real talent is at safety, and schools like Alabama, LSU and South Carolina really wanted him at safety. He came to Nevada because we were going to give him a shot at QB. Since that hasn’t worked out, he’s going to safety. And he’s not going to transfer to the SEC which is great. His grades on recruiting sites were based on him playing QB which had him a mid to high 3 star. But had he come out and wanted to play safety, it’s probably safe to say he would’ve been a 4 star and we wouldn’t have had a chance.

He just redshirted his second year, so he’s got 3 seasons to play 3. He should be one of the best or the best in the MWC. It’s also huge because we lost our starting safeties and was a big concern. This will be an enormous help.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/178799/kaymen-cureton

But I wonder if he's just going to go through the required motions here and he'll transfer next year, 2 years left and the ability to head to the SEC.

6 hours ago, NVBlueNeck said:

But I wonder if he's just going to go through the required motions here and he'll transfer next year, 2 years left and the ability to head to the SEC.

I seriously doubt it because he just used up his red-shirt, so if he transfers in FBS, he’ll have to throw away a season of eligibility. He seems to really like it here.

kat.jpg

10 hours ago, Slapdad said:

Well.....there it is. You’ve jinxed it all. Great. Just great. 

Sorry, but the karma ju ju thing isn’t something I care about. Believing in that stuff is right there with believing in Santa Claus, Bigfoot, OJ innocence, the tooth fairy, Russian Agent Trump, Easter Bunny, Muss putting down roots, sex sucks, AOC awesomeness, Justin Bieber gravitas, etc. etc.  😄✌️

kat.jpg

Another Katree Kriggs in the making, good luck Crayfish Curetoon.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

8 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Remember the big rb transfer Convert told us was gonna be a big star? 

Guys that transfer and bounce around positions have a success rate of like 1/100. 

Yeah but remember how he nailed it with the QB transfer from Alabama?

And you have to admit, he is unparalleled when it comes to analyzing long snappers.

FYI, this was mostly posted for Nevada fans in case they hadn’t heard about it. It’s pretty sad that you can’t even post simple good news about a player without a bunch of asshurt losers trying to make it out to be me claiming that the kid is an all-world prodigy player on the field that will lead us to a MWC title, a Top 25 ranking, a NY6 bowl game, blah, blah, blah. That certainly wasn’t my intent. Oh, not to mention their lying and mischaracterizations of what I’ve said in the past.

Personally, if I see another MWC school getting a good score in FB or B.B., I’m happy about it because a stronger MWC is what we all need. We all benefit a lot when we collectively have a lot of value. So rather than the dysfunctional approach of trying to cut down the other schools around you so it makes you look taller, it’s obviously more prudent to be happy about the schools around you building up because a better conference allows you to attract better recruits, sell more tickets, get a better TV deal, get a better portfolio of bowl games and win them, and frustrate the shit out of the wannabe pee sixers of the AAC. Just frustrating those folks, alone, is worth it.

kat.jpg

26 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

I thought this was known months ago 

I don’t know, I just read the article about it (I think it was Murray’s new site) about the spring game and his decision to switch over. Before the bowl game last year, one of the coaches suggested it to him. Being 3rd or 4th string at QB this spring, the article stated that’s when he knew 100% he was done with his attempt to be a QB. It didn’t sound like it was months ago. Whatever.

kat.jpg