Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

baileyake

Boise State has begun replacing the Blue

1 minute ago, Blue voodoo said:

What has Nevada ever do in football?lol nothing.speaking of irrlevance hi Nevada hahaha.

Nevada fans aren't in here thumping our chests and claiming superiority.  We only do that during basketball season. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

8 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Nevada fans aren't in here thumping our chests and claiming superiority.  We only do that during basketball season. 

I am not claiming superiority, I am stating the obvious.

Boise's brand is the only thing worth a shit in this conference.  The color of our turf is worth more to ESPN than UNR'S entire AD. 

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I am not claiming superiority, I am stating the obvious.

Boise's brand is the only thing worth a shit in this conference.  The color of our turf is worth more to ESPN than Nevadas entire AD. 

Bullshit.  SDSU is the best brand in this conference.  It's not even close.  They have quality programs across the board and their academics are solid and improving.  

Boise seems to have begun the downhill slide.  Harsin has already lost more games than Pete ever did, right? 

Barack Obama

1 minute ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Bullshit.  SDSU is the best brand in this conference.  It's not even close.  They have quality programs across the board and their academics are solid and improving.  

Boise seems to have begun the downhill slide.  Harsin has already lost more games than Pete ever did, right? 

Thats funny.  SDSU is worth a fraction of Boise.  Just ask ESPN. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_college_football_venues_with_non-traditional_field_colors

List of schools with "non traditional" field colors. 

Looks big time.

Stadium Team Location Division Conference Field color Year installed Notes
Albertsons Stadium Boise State Broncos Boise, Idaho NCAA Division I FBS Mountain West Conference Blue 1986 Nicknamed "The Blue" and "Smurf Turf". The first college stadium field to be any color other than traditional green, as well as the only college to have a non-green field for 22 years (1986–2008). In 2011, the Mountain West Conference banned Boise from wearing their all-blue uniforms during home conference games, after complaints from other Mountain West coaches that it was an unfair advantage.[3]The uniform restrictions were removed from 2013 forward as part of the deal that kept Boise State in that conference after it had initially planned to leave.[4] Boise State holds a trademark on any non-green field, not just blue;[5] the enforceability of such a vague trademark has been questioned.[6] It has licensed the right to use blue fields to several high schools as well as the University of New Haven,[7] and also issues free licenses to any school or team that uses a color other than blue or orange, Boise State's school colors.[5]
Brooks Stadium Coastal Carolina Chanticleers Conway, South Carolina NCAA Division I FBS Sun Belt Conference Teal 2015 Nicknamed "The Surf Turf"
Estes Stadium Central Arkansas Bears Conway, Arkansas NCAA Division I FCS Southland Conference Purple and gray alternating every five yards 2011[8]  
Lindenwood Stadium Lindenwood Lynx Belleville, Illinois NAIA Mid-States Football Association Red and gray alternating every five yards 2012 Has been called "the nation's most original (hideous) football field".[9]
Ralph F. DellaCamera Stadium New Haven Chargers West Haven, Connecticut NCAA Division II Northeast-10 Conference Blue 2009[10] New Haven and Boise State reached an agreement in 2009 to license the use of Boise State's trademark blue field. New Haven calls their field a "blue and yellow" field as part of the agreement.[7]
Roos Field Eastern Washington Eagles Cheney, Washington NCAA Division I FCS Big Sky Conference Red 2010[11] Nicknamed "The Inferno".
Rynearson Stadium Eastern Michigan Eagles Ypsilanti, Michigan NCAA Division I FBS Mid-American Conference Gray 2014[1] Nicknamed "The Factory" in honor of the area's 100+ years of automotive history by head coach Chris Creighton.[12]
Tomahawks Field Hosei Tomahawks Tokyo, Japan Japan American Football Association Kantoh Collegiate American Football Association Blue 2012 Granted special permission and an international trademark from Boise State to use blue turf.[13][14]

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

3 minutes ago, Blue voodoo said:

How many bcs victorys have the suds won?how many big games have the suds won?it's not even close too Boise nice try

How many of those big wins came under Harsin?

You guys did well replacing Pete with a solid coach.  But he's not the guy who will get you back to being the mid major darling.  He's not even the best coach in the MW. 

The slide has begun.  There is no denying it. 

Barack Obama

6 minutes ago, Blue voodoo said:

No slide at all nice try Nevada has never done nothing in football in all there existence.

We've done more in basketball in one season than bsu has done in their entire history.  

Once BSU FB slides completely off the map, you guys will have absolutely nothing. 

Barack Obama

9 minutes ago, Blue voodoo said:

No slide at all nice try Nevada has never done nothing in football in all there existence.

We've done a hell of a lot more in FB than BSU has, or will ever do, in basketball. 

Once BSU  FB slides completely off the map, Boise will have nothing. 

You're already 2nd or 3rd fiddle in a relatively weak conference. The ride is over. But you will always enjoy the memories. 

Barack Obama

40 minutes ago, Mano said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_college_football_venues_with_non-traditional_field_colors

List of schools with "non traditional" field colors. 

Looks big time.

Stadium Team Location Division Conference Field color Year installed Notes
Albertsons Stadium Boise State Broncos Boise, Idaho NCAA Division I FBS Mountain West Conference Blue 1986 Nicknamed "The Blue" and "Smurf Turf". The first college stadium field to be any color other than traditional green, as well as the only college to have a non-green field for 22 years (1986–2008). In 2011, the Mountain West Conference banned Boise from wearing their all-blue uniforms during home conference games, after complaints from other Mountain West coaches that it was an unfair advantage.[3]The uniform restrictions were removed from 2013 forward as part of the deal that kept Boise State in that conference after it had initially planned to leave.[4] Boise State holds a trademark on any non-green field, not just blue;[5] the enforceability of such a vague trademark has been questioned.[6] It has licensed the right to use blue fields to several high schools as well as the University of New Haven,[7] and also issues free licenses to any school or team that uses a color other than blue or orange, Boise State's school colors.[5]
Brooks Stadium Coastal Carolina Chanticleers Conway, South Carolina NCAA Division I FBS Sun Belt Conference Teal 2015 Nicknamed "The Surf Turf"
Estes Stadium Central Arkansas Bears Conway, Arkansas NCAA Division I FCS Southland Conference Purple and gray alternating every five yards 2011[8]  
Lindenwood Stadium Lindenwood Lynx Belleville, Illinois NAIA Mid-States Football Association Red and gray alternating every five yards 2012 Has been called "the nation's most original (hideous) football field".[9]
Ralph F. DellaCamera Stadium New Haven Chargers West Haven, Connecticut NCAA Division II Northeast-10 Conference Blue 2009[10] New Haven and Boise State reached an agreement in 2009 to license the use of Boise State's trademark blue field. New Haven calls their field a "blue and yellow" field as part of the agreement.[7]
Roos Field Eastern Washington Eagles Cheney, Washington NCAA Division I FCS Big Sky Conference Red 2010[11] Nicknamed "The Inferno".
Rynearson Stadium Eastern Michigan Eagles Ypsilanti, Michigan NCAA Division I FBS Mid-American Conference Gray 2014[1] Nicknamed "The Factory" in honor of the area's 100+ years of automotive history by head coach Chris Creighton.[12]
Tomahawks Field Hosei Tomahawks Tokyo, Japan Japan American Football Association Kantoh Collegiate American Football Association Blue 2012 Granted special permission and an international trademark from Boise State to use blue turf.[13][14]

Will Utah evet nut up and play on it? We went to SLC.  Felt like a home game.  The only fans you heard were Boise fans chanting "whose house our house".

Good times. 

8 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

We've done a hell of a lot more in FB than BSU has, or will ever do, in basketball. 

Once BSU  FB slides completely off the map, Boise will have nothing. 

You're already 2nd or 3rd fiddle in a relatively weak conference. The ride is over. But you will always enjoy the memories. 

We just signed the best G5 recruiting class in history.  Finished in the top 25, favorites to win the conference yet again. 

It is still Boisr and the 11 dwarves. 

Boise basketball has been far more successful than UNR foitball. 

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We just signed the best G5 recruiting class in history.  Finished in the top 25, favorites to win the conference yet again. 

Now you've been reduced to UNLV levels.  You're bragging about winning the off season.

Fresno is ranked higher than BSU in the preseason polls.   You aren't the best team in the league anymore.  And those glory days aren't coming back.

Once Harsin is gone, one bad hire and you're done.

Barack Obama

27 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Now you've been reduced to UNLV levels.  You're bragging about winning the off season.

Fresno is ranked higher than BSU in the preseason polls.   

No they aren't.

After Harsin leaves, we will again have our pick of really good coaches.  Banking on a bad hire hapoening is not realiatic. 

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Where are you getting your rankings? Just looked them up on 247, and BSU was ranked 50th for 2019.

I'm a desperate man
The shit has hit the fan

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Will Utah evet nut up and play on it? We went to SLC.  Felt like a home game.  The only fans you heard were Boise fans chanting "whose house our house".

Good times. 

Doubt Utah plays Boise, don't see any benefit. Glad you have your glory years to revel in.

But seriously, lose the gimmicky blue turf, your football program is better than that.

I'm a desperate man
The shit has hit the fan

2 minutes ago, Mano said:

Doubt Utah plays Boise, don't see any benefit. Glad you have your glory years to revel in.

But seriously, lose the gimmicky blue turf, your football program is better than that.

My only take away from the game, was how unloyal Ute fans were.  The team deserved better.  Only family members and the band stayed. Utes only heard Boise fans singing about it being their house.  Shameful.