Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

baileyake

Boise State has begun replacing the Blue

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Here's a rendering @MAD MACGYVER posted on Broncofans.net

Numbers on sideline match to the jersey font.

993020440_BlueTurf-LyleSmithField.thumb.

It's good stuff. That beautiful Blue field where opponents' dreams die.  'tis a wonderful sight.

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

1 hour ago, tailingpermit said:

I’m so disappointed that they’re sending the turf off to be recycled instead of sold to fans. 

I know how much @VandalPride97 wanted some to hang on the office wall.  

Something tells me he'd wrap that blue turf around a post in the back yard so he and his dog could relieve themselves on it every morning.

40 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Something tells me he'd wrap that blue turf around a post in the back yard so he and his dog could relieve themselves on it every morning.

A vandal fan standing while they pee... that's rich.

So...they're extending seats on one side of the field? #tackyasShlt

2 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Hopefully this new turf is more friendly to the tv camera under the lights.  That old blue gave off a lot of glare that the cameras picked up.

My understanding is that the glare is because of the angle of the stadium lights. Didn't used to glare too badly until the Sky Center was built and the lights were moved higher and to a bad angle.

I don't know if that's true, but it sounds like a good reason. Which would suck, because the glare sucks.

2 hours ago, Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits said:

Bulldog Stadium will also be getting new turf this summer. No word on what exactly it'll look like but the checkerboard end zones and green v will remain on the field. 

Fresnos the kind of team that belongs on Natural Grass 

Related image

2 hours ago, Dimwhit said:

My understanding is that the glare is because of the angle of the stadium lights. Didn't used to glare too badly until the Sky Center was built and the lights were moved higher and to a bad angle.

I don't know if that's true, but it sounds like a good reason. Which would suck, because the glare sucks.

I was going to say it looked good when it was new, but the fill pellets being black recycled rubber as well as aging made it look bad on TV.

Now i don’t know. 

watching bsu fans be proud of the blue turf is like watching middle school adolescent boys be proud of how edgy and intense they are.  you hope they grow and mature out of it, but you know that until they do, nothing will get through to them.

they're immature fools, but they're happy about it.

4 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

watching bsu fans be proud of the blue turf is like watching middle school adolescent boys be proud of how edgy and intense they are.  you hope they grow and mature out of it, but you know that until they do, nothing will get through to them.

they're immature fools, but they're happy about it.

It is partly this and partly the shame of watching the mojo magic fail last year. 

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648