Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akkula

And they say Republicans can't expand their base...

Gun nuts, religious fundamentalists, homophobes, and climate change deniers and NOW you can add anti-vaxxers to your coalition of other conspiracy theorists and single issue voters:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2019/04/18/washington-state-senate-passes-vaccine-bill-rebuke-anti-vaxxers/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_measles-742am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

Washington state Senate passes vaccine bill in rebuke to anti-vaxxers

It passed 25 to 22 in the Democratic-controlled chamber, after being brought to the floor just minutes before the legislative deadline. No Republicans voted in favor, and two Democrats voted against.

Posted Image

Just now, Akkula said:

Gun nuts, religious fundamentalists, homophobes, and climate change deniers and NOW you can add anti-vaxxers to your coalition of other conspiracy theorists and single issue voters:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2019/04/18/washington-state-senate-passes-vaccine-bill-rebuke-anti-vaxxers/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_measles-742am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

It passed 25 to 22 in the Democratic-controlled chamber, after being brought to the floor just minutes before the legislative deadline. No Republicans voted in favor, and two Democrats voted against.

Horseshit! Most anti-vaxers are skinny jeans wearing hipsters, who are also vegans and Communists just like you Comrade Lenin.

20 minutes ago, Akkula said:

You can't make this stuff up.  Oh Republicans...  Too bad our kids have to go to the same schools.

Republican senators opposing the measure spoke repeatedly about government overreach. “I really believe parents should have the right to decide what type of medical procedures to use on their children, and that’s especially true of little ones,” said state Sen. Mike Padden.

28 minutes ago, sean327 said:

Horseshit! Most anti-vaxers are skinny jeans wearing hipsters, who are also vegans and Communists just like you Comrade Lenin.

We all know that Republican's believe that the government shouldn't tell people what to do with their bodies....unless it is to tell someone what to do with their uterus or prohibit them from doing drugs for their own good.  :rotflmfao:

Posted Image

4 minutes ago, Akkula said:

We all know that Republican's believe that the government shouldn't tell people what to do with their bodies....unless it is to tell someone what to do with their uterus or prohibit them from doing drugs for their own good.  :rotflmfao:

Just like we all know commies like you believe pharma corporations withhold adverse effect information and even cures for disease because they just want to be greedy. :rolleyes:

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

12 minutes ago, Bob said:

I'd be willing to bet that anti-vaxxers come from both sides of the political spectrum with equally

Probably, but it looks like Republicans are the ones making a strong play for their votes!  I am sure people that liked guns as the only thing they care about used to be Democrats too.  Pretty soon the National Anti Vaxx Association (NAVA) will put Republican politicians in fear of a primary challenge. :pitchforks:

Posted Image

38 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Probably, but it looks like Republicans are the ones making a strong play for their votes!  I am sure people that liked guns as the only thing they care about used to be Democrats too.  Pretty soon the National Anti Vaxx Association (NAVA) will put Republican politicians in fear of a primary challenge. :pitchforks:

I can feel your hate. It flows through you.

1 hour ago, Akkula said:

When are you leaving? I understand that you want to move to the city that you still refer to as Stalingrad. 

I know you’re in favor of full birth abortion, but only sane people don’t want a pregnancy ending like a horror flick with folks killing babies. Only sane people will realize that there’s a point in the pregnancy where the baby is no longer a part of her body. Instead, the woman is just a host. I could be a host through adoption and take care of a baby by feeding it and do all the things necessary to keep it alive. I don’t have a right to kill it because I don’t want it anymore for whatever reason.

And the last poll I saw had 70% of the Rep party being pro-choice regarding only very early abortions. Nice stereotype!!!!!!

kat.jpg

2 hours ago, Akkula said:

There's some truth to this. And I'm not opposed to first trimester abortions. However, at the same time, some Democrats believe that a viable baby in the womb, who could survive a C-section or natural childbirth, could still be legally aborted regardless. Because it isn't a human being. That's unfathomable.

2 hours ago, Akkula said:

I’m not a Republican comrade.

3 hours ago, sean327 said:

I think the idiotic anti-vax movement is equally split between the idiots on the far left and the idiots on the far right.

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

I think the idiotic anti-vax movement is equally split between the idiots on the far left and the idiots on the far right.

But it looks like Republicans are the ones trying to win their votes!

Posted Image

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

I can accept that premise. Both sides have their share of idiots running amok.

14 minutes ago, Akkula said:

But it looks like Republicans are the ones trying to win their votes!

Just so you don't misconstrue my words, I'm not an anti vaxxer. However I don't get the flu vaccine for a specific reason. But you are blowing the reasoning behind an opposition to this bill way out of proportion. Firstly, all politicians seek votes, from all walks of life. Secondly, there is already an admissions quarantine rule in place in many states that were supported by both parties. This looks more like a prevention to forced vaccinations to me.

But if you can prove me wrong, I'll listen

3 hours ago, Akkula said:

Are you on opposite sides of these issues too?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

When are you leaving? I understand that you want to move to the city that you still refer to as Stalingrad. 

I know you’re in favor of full birth abortion, but only sane people don’t want a pregnancy ending like a horror flick with folks killing babies. Only sane people will realize that there’s a point in the pregnancy where the baby is no longer a part of her body. Instead, the woman is just a host. I could be a host through adoption and take care of a baby by feeding it and do all the things necessary to keep it alive. I don’t have a right to kill it because I don’t want it anymore for whatever reason.

And the last poll I saw had 70% of the Rep party being pro-choice regarding only very early abortions. Nice stereotype!!!!!!

@Akkula is scared of the Republican boogeyman, that only exists in his own mind. 

4 hours ago, Akkula said:

So all those measles cases in the heart of liberal land New York and California are all republicans right!  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!