Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bluerules009

Can the Media survive Mueller?

The so called mainstream media has lost a lot of credibility.   They have made their bias evident to the whole country.  Well at least all those who have the ability to think.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/can-the-media-survive-mueller-11555456034

Big-story dynamics go from unpredictable to predictable at some point. Unless a Russian spy turned himself in to Mr. Mueller, much of what he learned comes from existing U.S. intelligence collection, which long ago failed to establish collusion or anything else of interest that hasn’t leaked by now, either from Mr. Trump’s enemies or from the Trump camp itself trying to get ahead of a story.

The actual words of the Justice Department special-prosecutor rules require the existence of a crime, which there appears never to have been.

John Dowd, the president’s former lawyer, says Mr. Mueller should have refused the assignment because the basic predicate was not met.

Mr. Dowd’s point may be irresistible by the time we’re done.

For many of the country’s most prestigious news organizations, the question becomes whether they have sewn themselves into a moral straitjacket and now will abdicate coverage of the biggest story of the next two years to upstart rivals on the right.

They will survive.  But they've been reduced to the level of tabloid journalism.  They have lost credibility with serious people who pay attention, regardless of party affiliation.  And they can no longer deny their reports are not largely agenda driven.   

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

14 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

They will survive.  But they've been reduced to the level of tabloid journalism.  They have lost credibility with serious people who pay attention.  And they can no longer deny their reports are not largely agenda driven.   

Have you ever watched FOX in the evening?  If Fox can put on characters like Hannity, Tucker, and Carlson every night year after year, i hardly think the credibility of other news outlets will be hurt regarding the Mueller investigation.

2 minutes ago, alum93 said:

Have you ever watched FOX in the evening?  If Fox can put on characters like Hannity, Tucker, and Carlson every night year after year, i hardly think the credibility of other news outlets will be hurt regarding the Mueller investigation.

I try to keep my cable news watching to a minimum.  But Fox is clearly the best of the bunch, or perhaps just the cleanest turd. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

28 minutes ago, alum93 said:

How about the NYT, Washington Post, and all three networks? 

2 hours ago, alum93 said:

Hannity and Tucker Carlson are not news shows moron they are opinion shows.

Fox has several news shows but you obviously are too stupid to know the difference.

1 hour ago, Rebelbacker said:

How about the NYT, Washington Post, and all three networks? 

They don't have anymore credibility than FOX as far as I can see.  All of them have an agenda that is incompatible with reporting the news without a bias.   The reporting on this Russia investigation and on the Obama administration drive that home pretty hard.

2 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I try to keep my cable news watching to a minimum.  But Fox is clearly the best of the bunch, or perhaps just the cleanest turd. 

Cable news is the source of division and political hatred in this country. They are not interested in objective fair reporting. They are interested in stirring shit up because that is what puts eyeballs on their shows. I quit watching cable news years ago, because all it did was make me pissed off . 

2 hours ago, alum93 said:

It's Tucker Carlson

One person- First Name, Last Name

I guess maybe you're not the best judge of credibility

ROFLMAO

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

3 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

They don't have anymore credibility than FOX as far as I can see.  All of them have an agenda that is incompatible with reporting the news without a bias.   The reporting on this Russia investigation and on the Obama administration drive that home pretty hard.

Don’t forget Kavanaugh and the Covington HS kid “reporting”.  The bias and agenda is laughably evident.  The only ones who argue otherwise are hardcore partisan blinded Democrats.

v0icAvfW.jpg

5 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Hannity and Tucker Carlson are not news shows moron they are opinion shows.

Fox has several news shows but you obviously are too stupid to know the difference.

You seemed to have been improving but this ^ ^ ^ is definitely regression.

Let us guess. Although your favorite president said this morning that he was having a great day with release of the Mueller report, almost none of which he read because we know he doesn't read shit, now that so many things in the report unfavorable to Trump have been pointed out, YOU had a bad day?

Boom goes the dynamite.

51 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

You seemed to have been improving but this ^ ^ ^ is definitely regression.

Let us guess. Although your favorite president said this morning that he was having a great day with release of the Mueller report, almost none of which he read because we know he doesn't read shit, now that so many things in the report unfavorable to Trump have been pointed out, YOU had a bad day?

Only someone ignorant of the english language would say after reading my posts on this board that "Trump was my favorite president".

They've come off looking pretty good in the report. Multiple "Fake News" stories born out to be true.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Mainstream media is primarily a branch of government, merely parroting what they hear if it advances the left cause.  Furthermore, it is mostly about manufacturing news, misrepresentation, and driving hits, similar to YouTube publisher.

110926run_defense710.jpg

18 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

They will survive.  But they've been reduced to the level of tabloid journalism.  They have lost credibility with serious people who pay attention, regardless of party affiliation.  And they can no longer deny their reports are not largely agenda driven.   

"reduced"

Reverted maybe

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

19 hours ago, alum93 said:

The point is we don’t want our best sources for journalism to play the Fox News game. The lack of skepticism over these past few year at our best papers is more concerning to me than anything else that’s happened in the last 5 years. The republic cannot prosper when the 4th estate fails.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.