Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Any MWC teams sign anyone of note today?  Boise State usually waits until the carcass has been pretty well picked clean before they sign anyone. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CSU signed two.  John Tonje, a 6'5" SG out of Omaha and 6'9" Dischon Thomas, a 6'9" forward out of Hillcrest Prep in Arizona.  Thomas originally committed to Nevada but decided CSU was a better situation for him. Tonje is a late bloomer who wasn't on anybody's radar at the beginning of his senior year.  He ended up First Team All Nebraska after leading the biggest classification in scoring and took his team to the State Championship game. Tonje was lightly recruited until CSU stepped in but word is that Creighton came after him late.

CSU currently has 5 preps in the 2019 class coming but also has a couple of open scholarships that will be used for immediate help via JUCO or grad transfer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Any MWC teams sign anyone of note today?  Boise State usually waits until the carcass has been pretty well picked clean before they sign anyone. 

Boise only has 1 scholarship left to give, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trey Pulliam. Lightly recruited JuCo PG from Texas. He rounds out our guard picture for next year with  Flynn, the Wash St. transfer,  Feagin, Sant Clara Grad transfer and Seiko, Red Shirt soph.

The only two I've seen play are Flynn and Seiko. Flynn is the real deal. Opponents will have a hard time with him. Seiko is at this point, serviceable. The other two are just names to me.  The coaches like them and feagin has some really nice stats generated in WCC play. But, we'll see.

Two schollies still to give. There's a PF from Cal (Sueing) who can sit one and play two we're chasing but we'll need someone to play right away. Jaden McD is still out there, Juistons's name has come up as a possibility as well as a big white kid from Vandy.

Again, we'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Boise only has 1 scholarship left to give, right?

We still have two to give as a result of Harwell and Dembley leaving. We have a high school point guard we signed earlier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if we will hear much at all recruiting-wise from UNLV. 

I'd be happy with Grill, Jenkins and Antonio. Less than that would sort of suck.

Adding a high impact big forward to that would be outstanding!

I think Totz is focusing on 2020, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do the Tigers and Grizzlies share the same fan base and  Is the relationship between the two entities cooperative or adversarial ?      In your opinion, will the ascension of Tigers hoops under Penny hurt attendance at Grizzly games and is Memphis a large enough market to support both ?   Inevitably,  Las Vegas will have an NBA franchise along with our NHL one and fan support for UNLV  will be tenuous at best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

We still have two to give as a result of Harwell and Dembley leaving. We have a high school point guard we signed earlier. 

Derrick Alston should receive one of them though.  He was still a walk-on last season according to this.

https://www.idahopress.com/blueturfsports/basketball/derrick-alston-s-career-night-helps-broncos-crush-san-diego/article_2565ce67-6197-5953-a17e-f73a27c7443e.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the players csu has coming in.

sdsu will probably win the conference. 

fresneck could be decent, maybe top 3.

Boise , unm, afa all sleepers to be top 3. Its a wide open field. 

I think reno finishes 5th to 8th. pack fans are awful quiet right now.

No telling what UNLV will do with its roster. Could finish top 3 or 7th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, cramafach said:

Do the Tigers and Grizzlies share the same fan base and  Is the relationship between the two entities cooperative or adversarial ?      In your opinion, will the ascension of Tigers hoops under Penny hurt attendance at Grizzly games and is Memphis a large enough market to support both ?   Inevitably,  Las Vegas will have an NBA franchise along with our NHL one and fan support for UNLV  will be tenuous at best. 

there will always be some overlap but they are very different fan bases. Tiger crowds tend to be older, more suburban, whiter alums with a student section thrown in for fun. Grizz crowds tend to be more young and trendy. By that I mean they want you to see what labels and logos they're wearing...it's a social event almost.

Tigers and Grizz get along great. I mean, as long as Memphis averages 10,000 per game for the season the Grizz give the Tigers free rent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Meister_Rebel said:

A 6'8" Guard.  That is a nice get.  His brother Cam was at UNM.  

Cam was quite the player. Unfortunately bsu lost its Australian connection. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

CSU signed two.  John Tonje, a 6'5" SG out of Omaha and 6'9" Dischon Thomas, a 6'9" forward out of Hillcrest Prep in Arizona.  Thomas originally committed to Nevada but decided CSU was a better situation for him. Tonje is a late bloomer who wasn't on anybody's radar at the beginning of his senior year.  He ended up First Team All Nebraska after leading the biggest classification in scoring and took his team to the State Championship game. Tonje was lightly recruited until CSU stepped in but word is that Creighton came after him late.

CSU currently has 5 preps in the 2019 class coming but also has a couple of open scholarships that will be used for immediate help via JUCO or grad transfer.

“Thomas decided it was a better situation for him.” It was a better situation.. especially since Muss told his dad to start looking. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One prep signee, one juco and one grad transfer for us in 2019. As an aside, all three of our signees are from outside California.

http://www.ucsbgauchos.com/sports/m-baskbl/2018-19/releases/20181115pj6kf0

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×