Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

Media Bias

There's a good one on FB with the exact same characters talking about meeting with N. Korea - Hannity, Laura, the morning crew.  They show the clips back to back with Obama and Trump.  Pure hypocrisy.  You can watch them argue against their own character in real time.  Why anyone takes those "opinion" shows, aka news programs to the right, is beyond me.

7 minutes ago, alum93 said:

There's a good one on FB with the exact same characters talking about meeting with N. Korea - Hannity, Laura, the morning crew.  They show the clips back to back with Obama and Trump.  Pure hypocrisy.  You can watch them argue against their own character in real time.  Why anyone takes those "opinion" shows, aka news programs to the right, is beyond me.

34 minutes ago, alum93 said:

I don't watch fox news much just fyi. But you think the right is the only side with a bias media outlet? Really? CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, NYT, WP, SFC, LAT, Huffpo,buzzfeed,vox,TYT, Colbert, Meyers, Kimmel, Bee, 80 % of Hollywood, just to name a few all skew or outright flaunt their left wing bias. 

8 minutes ago, NVBlueNeck said:

I don't watch fox news much just fyi. But you think the right is the only side with a bias media outlet? Really? CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, NYT, WP, SFC, LAT, Huffpo,buzzfeed,vox,TYT, Colbert, Meyers, Kimmel, Bee, 80 % of Hollywood, just to name a few all skew or outright flaunt their left wing bias. 

Media-Bias-Chart_4.0_8_28_2018-min-1024x

7 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Media-Bias-Chart_4.0_8_28_2018-min-1024x

What you don't seem to understand is that for people like NVBlueNeck the media outlets that do not cheer lead Trump's activities are Hyper-partisan left.  To them the neutral medial is represented by the Moonies' Washington Times.

Remember that journalism is a professional and academic field with a set of agreed-upon standards. People get degrees in it and people who are really good at it get jobs in it at good organizations. Peer review helps ensure mainstream sources adhere to standards; if a story doesn’t meet those standards, other news outlets report on that. Not believing the mainstream media just because it is mainstream is like not believing a mainstream doctor or a mainstream lawyer. Sure, you should question and rate the quality of what the newspaper, doctor, or lawyer says, but you shouldn’t dismiss them out of hand because the paper is big, the doctor works at a hospital, or the lawyer works at a firm. —Vanessa Otero

I think that tells you all you need to know about her credibility.