Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

davemathew

SJSU $139M Spartan rec and aquatic to open

3 hours ago, davemathew said:

After 3 years of constructions, the Spartan rec and aquatic to finally open tomorrow.   Perfect timing with 85 degree forecast.

Great new home for the swim and water polo teams.

https://www.spartanrecreation.com

https://app.oxblue.com/open/huntconstruction/SJSU

Nice. Congrats!

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Shoulda spent it on football

Where do you think we’re playing our home games this season? Talk about a homefield advantage! If the other team is drowning, I like our odds.

24 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Where do you think we’re playing our home games this season? Talk about a homefield advantage! If the other team is drowning, I like our odds.

I still wouldn’t like those odds. 

SHARTAN UP!!!!

SJSU to announce next phase campus village (plans call for ~$426M for phase 3&4) next to this new aquatic center.  

Economy must be doing really well since SJSU had its best fundraising in history.  Presumably most schools are probably bringing in record $ also.

8 hours ago, davemathew said:

SJSU to announce next phase campus village (plans call for ~$426M for phase 3&4) next to this new aquatic center.  

Economy must be doing really well since SJSU had its best fundraising in history.  Presumably most schools are probably bringing in record $ also.

Strategic plans like this are years in the making. I'm sure you're aware it didn't happen over night.

12 hours ago, retrofade said:

It says a lot that they spent that money on an aquatic center instead of football.

They stuck the students with the bill. The student fees make up a huge majority of the athletic budget at SJSU. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

2 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

They stuck the students with the bill. The student fees make up a huge majority of the athletic budget at SJSU. 

Easy does it there, spin-master. The SJSU students voted on the new Rec/Aquatic Center many years ago - along with the new Student Union and Health Center  - both already constructed.  A package deal for the three. So... they effectively  “taxed” themselves.  Are you suggesting Fresno St. students have never done that? Didn’t think so - you know, amidst all your positivity...

1 hour ago, dudleyDgroot said:

Just came back from  the ribbon cutting ceremony....What a facility!   People will be blown away when they see it!

It is my sincere hope that now that the students having a new, modern Rec center to utilize that the portion of (space) the Event Center formerly used for such activities can be “annexed” for SJSU basketball purposes. I would love to see the EC reconfigured - and expanded - to accommodate about 7k-9k fans.

I know many here will scoff at such a notion, but such an investment might be the only way to induce a decent coach to commit to SJSU.  At minimum, a mid-sized venue like this would at least show a higher level of commitment to MWC hoops. Coincidentally, it (the venue) would also be the only one around for other such sized events and concerts, etc.  

I know a men’s hoops turnaround is still a very tough proposition, but if done right would be a win-win for SJSU and the conference...

5 hours ago, sjsbuff said:

Easy does it there, spin-master. The SJSU students voted on the new Rec/Aquatic Center many years ago - along with the new Student Union and Health Center  - both already constructed.  A package deal for the three. So... they effectively  “taxed” themselves.  Are you suggesting Fresno St. students have never done that? Didn’t think so - you know, amidst all your positivity...

Good for them. Fresno State students did the same thing a year or two ago for a student union. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg