Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada schedules neutral site game with St. Mary’s

1 hour ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Playing at the Chase Center will be an awesome experience for both teams.  

And for fans, it's a good way to check the place out without having to pay Warriors prices. 

25 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

Now they wanna play

Like Also said, St. Mary's coach was always willingly to play us but he the game couldn't be in Reno. I think they even said a neutral site game for last year pretty much everything was on the table except for playing the game in Reno

Guest #1Stunner
13 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Like Also said, St. Mary's coach was always willingly to play us but he the game couldn't be in Reno. I think they even said a neutral site game for last year pretty much everything was on the table except for playing the game in Reno

Saint Mary's is somewhat notorious for refusing to ever play OOC games out of the State of California. 

Seems silly they didn't schedule Nevada home and home. 

Guest #1Stunner
22 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

It’s about damn time they agreed to play us somewhere other than their HS gym. Now we need some games with Gonzaga in the next year or so. 

You play BYU next year too.

I guess Nevada may as well petition the WCC for membership.

9 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

You play BYU next year too.

I guess Nevada may as well petition the WCC for membership.

That would be fine with me if all the other MWC teams come over except SJSU, and then all of the WCC schools left except Gonzaga and BYU, and they changed the name to the MWC. Perfect.🙂

I wouldn’t want St. Mary’s because when they lose Bennett, they’ll just turn into another U of SF, Pepperdine, etc. with their High School gym. 

kat.jpg

Great to finally schedule them again, hope we destroy them this time. I'm happy every time they get left out of the tourney because they refuse to play anyone on the road.

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Saint Mary's is somewhat notorious for refusing to ever play OOC games out of the State of California. 

Seems silly they didn't schedule Nevada home and home. 

When I used to go to their board some of their fans thought it was funny that over the last few years they have started to schedule that way, like they are power team. Many of them wanted to play Nevada also and thought it was stupid that he wouldn't agree to come to Reno, even though many of their fans didn't think that was true, because it would have been a good game for them both.

6 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

When I used to go to their board some of their fans thought it was funny that over the last few years they have started to schedule that way, like they are power team. Many of them wanted to play Nevada also and thought it was stupid that he wouldn't agree to come to Reno, even though many of their fans didn't think that was true, because it would have been a good game for them both.

Maybe they’re pinching pennies on travel costs. That would be pretty lame if they were, and had to limit their schedule because of that. 

kat.jpg

5 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Maybe they’re pinching pennies on travel costs. That would be pretty lame if they were, and had to limit their schedule because of that. 

Coming to Reno would cost them nothing. Its closer than most of their conference games. They're just pussies.

15 minutes ago, bigd said:

Coming to Reno would cost them nothing. Its closer than most of their conference games. They're just pussies.

It wouldnt cost them nothing.  And they HAVE to make those conference trips ( 3 of which are a short drive from Moraga).

Being fiscally responsible is 'lame' and 'being a pussy'.  Fascinating outlook.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

55 minutes ago, RSF said:

It wouldnt cost them nothing.  And they HAVE to make those conference trips ( 3 of which are a short drive from Moraga).

Yes it would cost them nothing. Home teams always pay to host the road team. It is a three hour drive from Moraga to Reno, they would likely make some money from playing in Reno.

2 hours ago, RSF said:

That coach has NO balls. That’s why they are always on the bubble.  

9 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Well I don't think so because of three reasons.

1) the coach did say he would play Nevada at a neutral site as well, they just didn't want to come to Reno.

2) At least according to some of their fans, there has been a change in a scheduling philosophy over the last few years where some are saying they feel schools, unless they are bigger schools or in some type of tournament, should be coming to Moraga not the other way around. 

3) they had a game at Grand Canyon scheduled for last season but bought themselves out of that game which I think read was around $200,000 to get out of. And they also pulled out of that Hawaiian Islands Tournament last year to replace those games with a home game against Bucknell and a road game against Western Kentucky. 

So for me personally I don't it has anything to do with pinching pennies, i just don't think they want to play Nevada in Reno.