Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RAMification

IYHO which MWC teams are your tier #1 & #2 Rivals in Fball?

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

I don’t really consider Fresno a true rival, though I probably should. I just don’t hate them like I hate UNLV and Boise. I always root for Fresno against the other two. 

Agreed. The two schools haven't been real good in football or basketball at the same time, and there haven't been any significant events to cause the fan bases to dislike the other. Splitting the $5 million WAC buyout created a small bond. 

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

I don’t really consider Fresno a true rival, though I probably should. I just don’t hate them like I hate UNLV and Boise. I always root for Fresno against the other two. 

Yeah same here with Nevada. Not a true rival but we've had some really fierce battles in football going back to the Kapernick era and heck even this year with basketball! Probably the closest thing to a rival that's not. 

BDS.jpeg.b92a1351cc7ee6a0de0c311059007356.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Bob said:

Tier 1: CSU

Tier 2: AFA, New mexi

Tier 3: USU

Old rivals: BYU, Utah

Whatever, Bob. I know USU is #1 in your heart. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

13 hours ago, NVGiant said:

It really bugs me that this conference can’t figure out a way for Nevada and Boise to play every year. 

Agreed. Regardless of the later overall record versus BSU, we still played them tough those last 4 WAC games, and also you could feel the rivalry still there. Couple that with the classic games with them during Big Sky and I don't see why the MW couldn't schedule us every year and just rotate the other 2 mountain division games

18 hours ago, boisewitha-s said:

It was as good as any rivalry in the country. Not saying anybody else in the country knew about it but the hatred was great. 

Good old fashioned hate.  A touch of that makes a good rivalry great.

1 hour ago, NVBlueNeck said:

Agreed. Regardless of the later overall record versus BSU, we still played them tough those last 4 WAC games, and also you could feel the rivalry still there. Couple that with the classic games with them during Big Sky and I don't see why the MW couldn't schedule us every year and just rotate the other 2 mountain division games

When the Big XII formed this is what killed the Nebraska vs Oklahoma rivalry.  If you don't play every year even a long standing competitive and passionate rivalry will simmer and eventually die.  There's no way Nebraska moves to the B1G if they'd have never been split up divisionally from OU.

Tier 1 - CSU, Air Force - very much in that order

Tier 2 Football - Hawaii, USU - also in that order, to a lesser extent. I wish we could make Hawaii a permanent cross division rival. 

Tier 2 Basketball - UNM

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

As much as some of you can’t admit it, here are your real rivals.

Boise St.—Idaho

Nevada—UNLV

Fresno St—-San Jose St

New Mexico— New Mexico St

Colorado st — Colorado 

hawaii —- Oregon St

air Force—Army

no other school has no other rival period. 

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

1 hour ago, Warbow said:

Boise St.—Idaho

Nevada—UNLV

Fresno St—-San Jose St

Colorado st — Colorado 

hawaii —- Oregon St

air Force—Army

I don’t think Army really recognizes that Rivaly. I am pretty sure Navy has that honor.

As much as it sucks, the BSU/Idaho thing died a while back.

Im sure the Beavers dream about having Hawai’i as Conference mates :rolleyes:

Pretty accurate otherwise though.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

3 hours ago, Warbow said:

Boise St.—Idaho

Nevada—UNLV

Fresno St—-San Jose St

Colorado st — Colorado 

hawaii —- Oregon St

air Force—Army

I thought Hawaiis rival was a temperature below 80 degrees

7 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

When the Big XII formed this is what killed the Nebraska vs Oklahoma rivalry.  If you don't play every year even a long standing competitive and passionate rivalry will simmer and eventually die.  There's no way Nebraska moves to the B1G if they'd have never been split up divisionally from OU.

I remember seeing that rivalry on TV during the Boise State-Oklahoma game. When Okiehoma lost I swear Nebraska fans were running around naked, pinching their nipples and laughing