Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RAMification

IYHO which MWC teams are your tier #1 & #2 Rivals in Fball?

There's lots of cussin' & discussin' about this topic by the Ram Nation.  Most of RN thinks that from their perspective Tier #1 is:  CU;  Wyo;  AFA;  BSU (Boise).

Tier #2 is:  UNM (67 games, CSU has won 62%);  BYU (69 games which CSU won 41%, and even though we've not played them since they left the MWC we still hate them from a distance).

I personally believe UNM is a Tier #1 rival for CSU (part of our I-25 group of rivals, because UNM has been pretty down since Rocky left, so they've faded from RN minds) & BSU is tier #2 (CSU is 0-8 thus far in this series).

Your perspectives re your teams & their MWC Rivals???

33 minutes ago, RAMification said:

There's lots of cussin' & discussin' about this topic by the Ram Nation.  Most of RN thinks that from their perspective Tier #1 is:  CU;  Wyo;  AFA;  BSU (Boise).

Why??

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

USU (in conference)

Tier 1 

None 

Tier 2

Wyo, CSU, Boise 

I say tier 2 because I still really like Wyo, CSU. and the games have been back and forth with both squads winning a fair amount. Boise because we haven't been competitive enough to earn a tier 1. 

For OOC BYU would be tier 1 and Utah would be tier 2 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

51 minutes ago, RAMification said:

There's lots of cussin' & discussin' about this topic by the Ram Nation.  Most of RN thinks that from their perspective Tier #1 is:  CU;  Wyo;  AFA;  BSU (Boise)

Not sure where you got Boise from that thread. There's literally one post that says Boise could be a rival if CSU could win a few games, but that's it.

Here's the thread: https://coloradostate.sportswar.com/mid/11846457/board/ramnationathletics/

Quote from @Headbutt

BSU is not our rival, but if we could somehow beat them twice in the next three years that one would explode.

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

11 minutes ago, WYO1016 said:

Not sure where you got Boise from that thread. There's literally one post that says Boise could be a rival if CSU could win a few games, but that's it.

Here's the thread: https://coloradostate.sportswar.com/mid/11846457/board/ramnationathletics/

Quote from @Headbutt

Many many threads over the last few years.  Trust me.  

31 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Why??

I guess 'cause the RN knows BSU is at the top of the MWC (where Rams used to be under Sonny), and they have their sights set on getting back there, and hate being dominated by BSU ???  Once my Rams win 1 vs BSU, then I might consider them a RIval too.  Until then, the Rivalry is virtually 1-way.  

Hmmmm.... interesting.  

BSU really needed to get invited to the MWC 4 to 5 yrs before they finally did.  There'd have been some total Dog-Fights among that Top Tier of UU/TCU/BYU/BSU... sadly CSU had fallen into disrepair by then.  Still, those rivalries woulda been broken up when the P5's swooped in to steal UU & TCU.  But some great Fball until then!

Fresno Tier 1:

SDSU & Boise

Tier 2:

Hawaii & Nevada 

"Everyone wants a hero...And Derek Carr, he's going to be a hero at times."

- Pat Hill

3 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

Boise and Fresno more so than UNLV. Care more about beating good teams.

lol.

Your whole fb season is about beating UNLV.

3 minutes ago, RAMification said:

Hmmmm.... interesting.  

BSU really needed to get invited to the MWC 4 to 5 yrs before they finally did.  There'd have been some total Dog-Fights among that Top Tier of UU/TCU/BYU/BSU... sadly CSU had fallen into disrepair by then.  Still, those rivalries woulda been broken up when the P5's swooped in to steal UU & TCU.  But some great Fball until then!

BSU and TCU have played four times and are 2-2.  34-31 BSU, 17-16 TCU, 17-10 BSU, 36-35 TCU...All great games.

BSU and Utah have also played four times since Boise moved up to division 1A.  Boise owns that series 4-0 with wins by 3, 6, 33, and 23.

BSU and BYU have developed a pretty good series (Boise leads 7 - 2).  But the games have been pretty close for the most part and the teams have played each of the last 7 years.  I consider this Boise's #1 rival since moving to the Mountain Division (But still not quite tier 1).

As a Wyoming fan for me it's............

Tier 1:  CSU, AFA

Tier 2:  USU, UNM

Tier 2.5:  Hawaii.  If we played every season the Bows would be a sold tier 2 and would bump UNM off my list.

42 minutes ago, RAMification said:

Once my Rams win 1 vs BSU, then I might consider them a RIval too.  Until then, the Rivalry is virtually 1-way.  

You can just consider us rivals.  Nevada only has 1 win against BSU in the last 17 games and they still think it's a rivalry. 

15 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

Boise and Fresno more so than UNLV. Care more about beating good teams.

10 minutes ago, toonkee said:

lol.

Your whole fb season is about beating UNLV.

Funny how it’s not a rivalry when they lose the cannon.