Jump to content
1066

You Tube TV increasing prices

Recommended Posts

YOU TUBE TV is increasing price by $10.00 per month. ESPN Plus holding price at $4.99 for now.

Do any of you know if any of the others are increasing prices and if so by how much ?

I fear this may be the first of many, but nothing definite at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OTT services are becoming what cord cutters despised in the first place. Hopefully, Sling TV can avoid joining the crowd.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rebels2k3 said:

OTT services are becoming what cord cutters despised in the first place. Hopefully, Sling TV can avoid joining the crowd.

I said this in the other thread, but the issue with Sling is it doesn’t carry CBS Sports net. Which is where like 90% of MWC games are televised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jaredcg said:

I said this in the other thread, but the issue with Sling is it doesn’t carry CBS Sports net. Which is where like 90% of MWC games are televised.

It's easy to find streams these days, but it helps when your teams suck and you have no interest in watching them.

That's why I think the MWC needs to strike a deal with ESPN or another network that has more coverage on OTT services.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jaredcg said:

I said this in the other thread, but the issue with Sling is it doesn’t carry CBS Sports net. Which is where like 90% of MWC games are televised.

Yeah, but, if we aren’t with CBS anymore then Sling Blue would be fine since they have FS1/2, Stadium and NBC SN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 1066 said:

YOU TUBE TV is increasing price by $10.00 per month. ESPN Plus holding price at $4.99 for now.

Do any of you know if any of the others are increasing prices and if so by how much ?

I fear this may be the first of many, but nothing definite at this point.

Were there rumors of ESPN+ raising prices or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Were there rumors of ESPN+ raising prices or something?

Rest assured, ESPN has every intent of parking as many properties/brands/conferences into ESPN+ and then up their price to $20/mo.   The key for the MWC fans is what to do if the games are split between CBS Sports, ESPN, and Stadium/Facebook.  That creates a hellscape of mixing and matching OTT packages. 

I am really disappointed in Google for expanding their lineup and upping their price as the whole point of cord cutting is getting undermined.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MAD MACGYVER said:

Rest assured, ESPN has every intent of parking as many properties/brands/conferences into ESPN+ and then up their price to $20/mo.   The key for the MWC fans is what to do if the games are split between CBS Sports, ESPN, and Stadium/Facebook.  That creates a hellscape of mixing and matching OTT packages. 

I am really disappointed in Google for expanding their lineup and upping their price as the whole point of cord cutting is getting undermined.  

T-Mobile launched their new streaming package in select cities at $100 mo.  If you are a T-Mobile cellular customer you can get it for $90.  But, they are going to offer well over 200 channels.  This whole cord cutting thing is as you say getting undermined.  These services won't stop increasing their prices until people just stop buying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

15 minutes ago, Meister_Rebel said:

T-Mobile launched their new streaming package in select cities at $100 mo.  If you are a T-Mobile cellular customer you can get it for $90.  But, they are going to offer well over 200 channels.  This whole cord cutting thing is as you say getting undermined.  These services won't stop increasing their prices until people just stop buying.

I was waiting for them to see what they offer.  Too expensive for me,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just getting to the point where I will just listen to away games on the radio. Used to do that years ago anyway. Not that big a deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rebels2k3 said:

OTT services are becoming what cord cutters despised in the first place. Hopefully, Sling TV can avoid joining the crowd.

Yeah this is going to get ridiculous. I cut the cord because of how expensive cable was, but in a year or 2 I'm gonna be paying triple digits for cable again, Boo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MAD MACGYVER said:

Rest assured, ESPN has every intent of parking as many properties/brands/conferences into ESPN+ and then up their price to $20/mo.   The key for the MWC fans is what to do if the games are split between CBS Sports, ESPN, and Stadium/Facebook.  That creates a hellscape of mixing and matching OTT packages. 

I am really disappointed in Google for expanding their lineup and upping their price as the whole point of cord cutting is getting undermined.  

Uh... No. They can want all these other properties all they want, but until the contracts are on the market and, more importantly, the pro leagues and NCAA power conferences actually WANT to put big games on ESPN+ Then they just won’t have the content to justify sharply raising the price. 

Disney is smart; they are playing the long game with ESPN+, and Disney+ as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Uh... No. They can want all these other properties all they want, but until the contracts are on the market and, more importantly, the pro leagues and NCAA power conferences actually WANT to put big games on ESPN+ Then they just won’t have the content to justify sharply raising the price. 

Disney is smart; they are playing the long game with ESPN+, and Disney+ as well. 

I didn't say it would be quick, I said ESPN's intent is to get as many properties as possible within their paywall. If that means playing the long game, then that's what they'll do.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2019 at 1:34 PM, 1066 said:

YOU TUBE TV is increasing price by $10.00 per month. ESPN Plus holding price at $4.99 for now.

Do any of you know if any of the others are increasing prices and if so by how much ?

I fear this may be the first of many, but nothing definite at this point.

Inflation is always going to cause some price increases, just depends how often and how  much. Inflation has been 1.5 to 2% roughly in recent years. Just make sure you get at least a cost of living adjustment every year at work or you’re getting a pay reduction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MAD MACGYVER said:

I didn't say it would be quick, I said ESPN's intent is to get as many properties as possible within their paywall. If that means playing the long game, then that's what they'll do.  

Well, no shit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Well, no shit. 

Jesus Christ you're an insufferable prick.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had Youtube TV & Philo but dropped YT TV when the price increased. They did add 8 channels but not one of them move me. I am curently using Direct TV Now until the end of the month. I got a deal offer so I went with it and it's not bad but they lost channels and added HBO. They no longer carry NFL net so that's the kicker for me. 

I will stick with Philo and then probably switch to Hulu before football season starts. I can't get locals with an antenna because of trees & hills.

Fubu has upped its game and its price, it went up $10 to $55 a month but now only has one bundle (they also added Viacom channels) all the rest are sports packages, HBO,or Cinemax add-ons Fubu does not carry ESPN channels but if you love soccer this is for you.

Disney+ just announced it new streaming service which will start in November for $7 a month or $70 for 12 months. It will have all its content dating back to 1937 on there.

Disney bought out AT&T's 10% it had of Hulu, so Disney now owns 66% of Hulu and Comcast the other 33%. This could mean a price increase down the road for Hulu to keep AT&T programs on there.

Google and Amazon made a truce so now you can access Youtube TV on a firestick. 

Another  streaming service called Simply Streaming will be expanding nationwide which only streams local channels. It is only in the north western & great lakes areas now.  It will offer good opportunities for local businesses and may carry local sports. I have not found that out yet. 

I had Sling TV and too many technical issues with it so I switched plus it doesn't carry locals. They are still offering 40% off for new users $15 a month or $25 for blue & orange for 3 months but you cannot use the free trial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2019 at 9:04 PM, Lobo Amor said:

I had Youtube TV & Philo but dropped YT TV when the price increased. They did add 8 channels but not one of them move me. I am curently using Direct TV Now until the end of the month. I got a deal offer so I went with it and it's not bad but they lost channels and added HBO. They no longer carry NFL net so that's the kicker for me. 

I will stick with Philo and then probably switch to Hulu before football season starts. I can't get locals with an antenna because of trees & hills.

Fubu has upped its game and its price, it went up $10 to $55 a month but now only has one bundle (they also added Viacom channels) all the rest are sports packages, HBO,or Cinemax add-ons Fubu does not carry ESPN channels but if you love soccer this is for you.

Disney+ just announced it new streaming service which will start in November for $7 a month or $70 for 12 months. It will have all its content dating back to 1937 on there.

Disney bought out AT&T's 10% it had of Hulu, so Disney now owns 66% of Hulu and Comcast the other 33%. This could mean a price increase down the road for Hulu to keep AT&T programs on there.

Google and Amazon made a truce so now you can access Youtube TV on a firestick. 

Another  streaming service called Simply Streaming will be expanding nationwide which only streams local channels. It is only in the north western & great lakes areas now.  It will offer good opportunities for local businesses and may carry local sports. I have not found that out yet. 

I had Sling TV and too many technical issues with it so I switched plus it doesn't carry locals. They are still offering 40% off for new users $15 a month or $25 for blue & orange for 3 months but you cannot use the free trial.

YT TV added some of the same channels Philo offers. Half the discovery networks plus some others to equal 10 more channels. I have the same combo, still cheaper than spectrum even with the price hike, but if YT TV adds the remaining discovery networks plus Viacom or A&E networks I'm dumping philo and keeping YT TV. The unlimited cloud DVR is a huge plus for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty annoyed about this. I've been a subscriber from the beginning, and had the old $34.99/mo price, so it's going up by $15/mo for me. It's not like they're even really adding all that much in the way of content or features with this price bump either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×