Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Notre Dame Cathedral is on fire

15 hours ago, renoskier said:

A ridiculous belief in "American exceptionalism"; believing that we're the best at everything and no one does things as well.....especially the French:shrug:

I don't agree with second guessing a fire suppression effort without knowing the facts, but come on, it wasn't just Americans. Stop it

15 hours ago, easybronc said:

This creates opportunity for a big come together moment for the people of France, kind of like 9/11 did for the US, national pride and all that.  It would be savvy for muslim leaders to come out and say "Hey, we want to help rebuild Notre Dame.  This is our country too."

I'd say the terrorist attack in Paris a few years back or in Nice a few years back would be a better example. While this is a tragic happening, equating this to 9/11 is either premature or non comparable l. Let's pump the brakes on that.

13 minutes ago, NVBlueNeck said:

I don't agree with second guessing a fire suppression effort without knowing the facts, but come on, it wasn't just Americans. Stop it

What are you talking about? I was responding to posters on this board. 

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

He flat out told us he wished it was the cause dude. easybronc has had wild takes on everything since the early days of this board, don't know why you're covering for him.

I said nothing of the sort.  You're obviously not literate in English because you're reading comprehension is nil. ... nadda.  If you go to a sanctuary city they'll probably hook you up with free English classes  OR I have a friend who teaches ESL online at englishlanguageleaps.  You'll probably qualify for the dumbass discount,  just be yourself.   Good luck. 

3 minutes ago, renoskier said:

What are you talking about? I was responding to posters on this board. 

Then make it clearer. You just mention "American Exceptionalism" and the claim some make that nobody does anything as good as us. How else are we suppose to take that comment. You don't specifically mention people on this board. 

1 minute ago, NVBlueNeck said:

Then make it clearer. You just mention "American Exceptionalism" and the claim some make that nobody does anything as good as us. How else are we suppose to take that comment.

I don't give a shit how you  "take it". I wasn't responding to you.

Just now, renoskier said:

I don't give a shit how you  "take it". I wasn't responding to you.

Well, whoever shit in your cheerios needs to keep doing it. Jesus, I'm just telling you you didn't say anything about people on this board. Quit crying.

24 minutes ago, NVBlueNeck said:

In the US, it's mostly Borate, an ammonium mixture, technically a type of fertilizer. Relatively harmless to people, but very hard to clean.

Oh, I know.  My daughter's Nomex have holes from ashes and she has been painted many times - which never comes out.  Almost looks like blood you've been trying to wash out.

down in a hole.jpg

15 minutes ago, NVBlueNeck said:

Well, whoever shit in your cheerios needs to keep doing it. Jesus, I'm just telling you you didn't say anything about people on this board. Quit crying.

*Starts crying*

*tells people on the board to quit crying*

Pretty typical

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

20 minutes ago, easybronc said:

I said nothing of the sort.  You're obviously not literate in English because you're reading comprehension is nil. ... nadda.  If you go to a sanctuary city they'll probably hook you up with free English classes  OR I have a friend who teaches ESL online at englishlanguageleaps.  You'll probably qualify for the dumbass discount,  just be yourself.   Good luck. 

You realize your posts are on the internet forever, right? 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

3 hours ago, happycamper said:

He flat out told us he wished it was the cause dude. easybronc has had wild takes on everything since the early days of this board, don't know why you're covering for him.

Sorry, I must be working too much, I went back over Easy's posts in this tread one more time and I don't see it.  Please link or provide exact quote.  If he "wishes" this was the cause, I retract, I would not support that.   

110926run_defense710.jpg

21 hours ago, easybronc said:

Sounds fishy that the police dept would reach that conclusion before the fire dept can begin to investigate.

This is what you said. That the initial reports that thought it was an accident is fishy. Why would it be fishy? Because there was another cause that you believe to be true? Keeping an open mind doesn't mean casting doubt on on reports based on nothing. If you were just keeping an open mind you would have said something along the lines of" Interesting, Iwill be interested in seeing what they find out afterward." Not claiming its fishy.

Also Happy never discounted the possibility of arson or anything. The first time he shows up in the thread is only to explain to you why they may know it was an accident already.

11 minutes ago, Bob said:

Oh, I just found your faux heartbreak over the destruction of a religious building funny because you're so blasphemous and sacrilegious.

Oh yes, Bob, you legendary paragon of Christian values, you definitely have a leg to stand on here

3 hours ago, happycamper said:

*Starts crying*

*tells people on the board to quit crying*

Pretty typical

I respond to how it's worded. Isn't my fault they fly off the handle when it's a direct response to said statement. If renoskier would have specified who he was talking to or about in the I intial statement, I may have responded differently or not at all. So yes, I repeat, the crying needs to quit.Good day to you

2 hours ago, tspoke said:

This is what you said. That the initial reports that thought it was an accident is fishy. Why would it be fishy? Because there was another cause that you believe to be true? Keeping an open mind doesn't mean casting doubt on on reports based on nothing. If you were just keeping an open mind you would have said something along the lines of" Interesting, Iwill be interested in seeing what they find out afterward." Not claiming its fishy.

Also Happy never discounted the possibility of arson or anything. The first time he shows up in the thread is only to explain to you why they may know it was an accident already.

Let me put it this way ... its fishy that ANY conclusion regarding the cause of the fire would be made while the fire is raging and before the investigation begins.   Anyway I don't think they drew that conclusion.   I think they saw construction accident as a possible cause and that morphed into a suggestion. 

1 minute ago, easybronc said:

Let me put it this way ... its fishy that ANY conclusion regarding the cause of the fire would be made while the fire is raging and before the investigation begins.   Anyway I don't think they drew that conclusion.   I think they saw construction accident as a possible cause and that morphed into a suggestion. 

I never saw where any conclusion was made or it was suggested a conclusion was decided on. They were just reporting on what the police believe at the time. That's pretty standard, to get some info out there if they have any leads one way or another.(Just like when someone dies and they say "they don't suspect any foul play is involved") The only way that would sound fishy to me was if I had already an outcome in my mind and it doesn't match up with what was said.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Oh, I just found your faux heartbreak over the destruction of a religious building funny because you're so blasphemous and sacrilegious.

You can f*ck right off for pretending to know whats in someone's heart.

Even Jesus thinks your a f*cking cvnt. GTFO, fake Christian.

jesus+fuck+you.jpg

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg