Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

OT: The Masters

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

This is already a spectacular day... Tiger wins another major, and Game of Thrones comes back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FWIW, I give Bronn good odds to survive.  LOL... amidst all the death and decay surrounding him.  The last 6 episodes will be truly epic...

Just now, sjsbuff said:

FWIW, I give Bronn good odds to survive.  LOL... amidst all the death and decay surrounding him.  The last 6 episodes will be truly epic...

Bronn had better survive!

Pretty amazing story. Tiger was written off several years ago with all his back injuries, and for good reason. It looked like he would never play again. Even when he returned many thought he would never win again. I was one who doubted it would ever happen again. It shows you can never discount the great ones. To win the Masters after all these years and injuries is truly remarkable. 

Now that he has his 15th major, will he catch Nicklaus at 18? After today I don’t think you can count him out. Jack won his 18th at 45 years old. Tiger is 43. If he can maintain his health he has a good shot at it. His driving which has always been his nemesis has improved significantly. He is missing less fairways. His putting was actually very average this tournament. If he had made more of those 5-10 foot putts he would have won going away. If he gets more consistent with the putter he will indeed win more majors. 

There are very few true legends that come along in a lifetime. Tiger is one of those. 

4 hours ago, sjsbuff said:

Too little, too late.  Tiger has "the LOOK" now (as modified by chewing gum - Wrigley endorsements anyone?)...

I noticed Mickelson was chewing gum as well.  Could it be that there were cocoa leafs in that gum that they were chewing?  Peruvians chew those leafs too.  Just a thought.

1 hour ago, Fowl said:

I was pulling for fellow Aztec Xander but he had a couple of mental lapses at the end.  He's young and will have more chances to win a jacket.

He’s a very good player. I’m excited to see how he grows.

47 minutes ago, calvegas04 said:

Only MWC golfers that go to UNLV can win the masters

If Adam Scott could just putt even a little bit, he would’ve won five or six majors by now.

4 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Pretty amazing story. Tiger was written off several years ago with all his back injuries, and for good reason. It looked like he would never play again. Even when he returned many thought he would never win again. I was one who doubted it would ever happen again. It shows you can never discount the great ones. To win the Masters after all these years and injuries is truly remarkable. 

Now that he has his 15th major, will he catch Nicklaus at 18? After today I don’t think you can count him out. Jack won his 18th at 45 years old. Tiger is 43. If he can maintain his health he has a good shot at it. His driving which has always been his nemesis has improved significantly. He is missing less fairways. His putting was actually very average this tournament. If he had made more of those 5-10 foot putts he would have won going away. If he gets more consistent with the putter he will indeed win more majors. 

There are very few true legends that come along in a lifetime. Tiger is one of those. 

He is the personification of transcendent. Went to a bar with a few friends this morning to watch the final round, and the place was packed at 8 a.m. If he wasn’t in contention there would’ve been my group of three and a cranky server. Tiger is must-watch even for people who don’t care about golf.