Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Morgan

SJSU Stadium Project

On 4/13/2019 at 5:44 PM, creeper86 said:

Well, yer timing? Not great.. but ok...

You know what they say in comedy, timing is everything. So I'll work on it. At least you still have a sense of humor unlike whiney Morgan. From now on when I'm joking I'll use a :rimshot1:.

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Original concept is on sjsufootball.com

stadium-8.jpg

stadium-7.jpg

We're in Silicon Valley, we're hi-tech. We go with grapic design visuals instead of water colors. @SalinasSpartan

8 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

We're in Silicon Valley, we're hi-tech. We go with grapic design visuals instead of water colors. :ph34r:

It does look very nice, but we changed our logo recently. So I expect that will be updated when the next rendering comes out. 

0FMfYQACqoscaQy3UDr2ykuGOzjq_Jisw9O3PvnfJBsWL39rhIkb0GfzyfmYgtyCAOvJXcBzKfalOcpJnmrOFsSnFDhqHE-b5AH92EjuJY8-bFeLuAVxn9KVudZPnOn6A8pZZC1kPitv5ObU99vDexnCBo2n8JGdByksZkeIYTl9R25OGec-jTwsBbS0zKtpwNKBnUzQqVcIqip92SCE87giPK3zCTj8qY6pVoI73ZJ15A_tfqM7V73ioWyohqjoY-68Br4ZCoWWoveUUe9SYKFEmDcNYGaCqFN3VdjnKJ5CE4Y27A32GlAkRn726F0lDp7l3RBsYE9KcNYdEDV7gbg7DTWAIA0SKtL3bOpQnK4qRbnKSswgvlouYIGA3ELwQEOLO23GzQrwOVOsQKWPSXrDUGDa0TwkAv38F6RlIuXTpRiMNStLJJCDBAtWqNdtLDcH3zYZmHsVC_SAhuO49XO_6MDUjnj8u33NnP2TCdNniMftGaiHigTmPjXDYAgjALj4XFpgYE3k6P1mW9g8AMMoOhGceStr4dvFERWkXdNlLmb6K6nVAZNPlv0F1EN2Ted9mpfYxjqwws3E1caXVXFJBFoJ22kqv6rO8Gu4ppd1bSWdA-duwqF229ULWvJ5Xc5YWRsCjEmuQ36R1I3LM09ldOikUOIS=w440-h394-no

I've been anxiously waiting for a ground-breaking date to be announced. This is great news! :digging:

I wonder if the development will force for some games to be played off campus? One rumored I've read suggest some Spartan football games might be played at Avaya Stadium. I'll check out all the info on SJSUSpartarns.com later. 

2 minutes ago, crixus said:

It does look very nice, but we changed out logo recently. So I expect that will be updated when the next rendering comes out. 

0FMfYQACqoscaQy3UDr2ykuGOzjq_Jisw9O3PvnfJBsWL39rhIkb0GfzyfmYgtyCAOvJXcBzKfalOcpJnmrOFsSnFDhqHE-b5AH92EjuJY8-bFeLuAVxn9KVudZPnOn6A8pZZC1kPitv5ObU99vDexnCBo2n8JGdByksZkeIYTl9R25OGec-jTwsBbS0zKtpwNKBnUzQqVcIqip92SCE87giPK3zCTj8qY6pVoI73ZJ15A_tfqM7V73ioWyohqjoY-68Br4ZCoWWoveUUe9SYKFEmDcNYGaCqFN3VdjnKJ5CE4Y27A32GlAkRn726F0lDp7l3RBsYE9KcNYdEDV7gbg7DTWAIA0SKtL3bOpQnK4qRbnKSswgvlouYIGA3ELwQEOLO23GzQrwOVOsQKWPSXrDUGDa0TwkAv38F6RlIuXTpRiMNStLJJCDBAtWqNdtLDcH3zYZmHsVC_SAhuO49XO_6MDUjnj8u33NnP2TCdNniMftGaiHigTmPjXDYAgjALj4XFpgYE3k6P1mW9g8AMMoOhGceStr4dvFERWkXdNlLmb6K6nVAZNPlv0F1EN2Ted9mpfYxjqwws3E1caXVXFJBFoJ22kqv6rO8Gu4ppd1bSWdA-duwqF229ULWvJ5Xc5YWRsCjEmuQ36R1I3LM09ldOikUOIS=w440-h394-no

What am I missing? That's the logo I see on the renderings.

Okay. I see the slight modifications to our Spartan helmet logo.

1 hour ago, creeper86 said:

How’s your renovation coming along?

New field turf will be installed this summer and bathrooms and concessions being upgraded next summer. 

And, please tell me you’re not really trying to puff out your bird chest? You, me and everyone else know that SJSU will still suck ballz for the foreseeable future (if the program even exists that long). LMAO!!!

21 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

The CSU Board of Trustees will have to sign off. Their next meeting is May 20-22. When that agenda packet is posted we will see if it includes any additional details that are not released in the next few weeks.

At this point, it's likely to be signed. It very unlikely that the university would have gone through the great burden of raising $40M only to have withhold vital information. It would be foolish for those administrators to not have kept the CSUCO in the loop while raising the funds, ordering blueprints and conducting other reports etc.

2 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

What part of that was French?

Our current English version of pardon derived from old French; pardun:oldman::D

2 hours ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

I wonder if the development will force for some games to be played off campus? One rumored I've read suggest some Spartan football games might be played at Avaya Stadium. 

I don't think so.  The AD said today that they looked into hosting a game at Avaya Stadium.  It won't happen this season.  The reasons:

1) the stadium has never hosted a football game, even high school.  I guess there's some concern on both parties' part about hosting a Div. 1 game first.

2) There is a major soccer event happening after the date that the school and Quakes were discussing.   The Quakes were concerned about what shape the field might be in for that event. 

15 minutes ago, godogsgo said:

Does it come with fans?

Yes. If you look closely at the renderings, you'll see the manufactured fans. Here's a close up.

Image result for dancing air man

2 hours ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

At this point, it's likely to be signed. It very unlikely that the university would have gone through the great burden of raising $40M only to have withhold vital information. It would be foolish for those administrators to not have kept the CSUCO in the loop while raising the funds, ordering blueprints and conducting other reports etc.

I was not implying they would not sign off. I follow the CSU Trustee meetings and it is rare for a project not to get a yes check.

My point was the Trustee meeting will be a good source of additional information that may not get released publicly before then. The Trustee agenda packets usually have some good background info. The meeting videos are posted and also provide info from the Q&A by Trustees.

I think this could be huge for SJSU it shows commitment from the school to the football program.

USU football invested in the 69,000 sq. ft. endzone project new 26,000 sq.ft. weight room, and a $36 million dollar stadium remodel that has improved recruiting a bunch. We normally signed mostly 2 * players, this last class had 20 3* which is partly do to the investment in facilities.

I hope this is a sign the SJSU is serous about improving the program.

Im all seriousness, the school would be better off spending money on academic facilities. Duncan hall, for example, should be demolished and rebuilt. That thing is a relic from the 50s. 

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

57 minutes ago, godogsgo said:

Im all seriousness, the school would be better off spending money on academic facilities. Duncan hall, for example, should be demolished and rebuilt. That thing is a relic from the 50s. 

You mean like this?

ISB-building-2h2lng8.jpg

http://blogs.sjsu.edu/newsroom/2018/plans-approved-for-san-jose-state-universitys-interdisciplinary-science-building/

Champ Logo.jpg

1 hour ago, godogsgo said:

The school isn't spending ANY money! Stadium project ALL privately funded!

33 minutes ago, dudleyDgroot said:

The school isn't spending ANY money! Stadium project ALL privately funded!

Exactly. Put that fundraising energy into revamping the parts if campus that are useful. As Mike posted above.  Those things lead to jobs for the surrounding community.  SJSU keeps playing around with useless projects south of campus. Why bother?  Wasted effort. 

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648