Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Walton Fired by Lakers

Prediction, next stop head coach at UA. Although Sacramento is already talking to him. Lakers appear to be in disarray with Magic and Walton gone. Wonder how much Lebron played a part in both being gone? 

I’d trade Lebron straight up for Anthony Davis if the Pelicans and Davis would agree. 

I hate that Walton was fired.  He deserved another year after remaining even keeled despite the Laker circus operating around him.

But he'll land somewhere decent in short order.  I think his preference is another NBA job, and the Kings would fit him well.

3 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Prediction, next stop head coach at UA. Although Sacramento is already talking to him. Lakers appear to be in disarray with Magic and Walton gone. Wonder how much Lebron played a part in both being gone? 

I’d trade Lebron straight up for Anthony Davis if the Pelicans and Davis would agree. 

Probably a lot especially since Lebron's former coach in Cleveland appears to be the #1 candidate for the job. 

However press reports have been going on for last three weeks that Walton was probably gone at the end of the season.

Bron Bron is a cancer. I would not want that guy on my team. I’d take Curry over him any day of the week.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

5 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

Probably a lot especially since Lebron's former coach in Cleveland appears to be the #1 candidate for the job. 

However press reports have been going on for last three weeks that Walton was probably gone at the end of the season.

I mentioned Lue last week and someone laughed:hmmm:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26507762/lakers-coach-search-eyes-lue-williams

Lue, who played for the Lakers from 1998-2001, spent four years with James in Cleveland, first as a Cavaliers assistant before taking over as head coach and leading the team to the 2016 title.

I read on ESPN.com that the Sacramento Kings want to interview Luke Walton. I think that team would be a good fit for him. I'm a Lakers fan who feels Walton was the fall guy for a totally screwed up organization. I hope he does well with the Kings or wherever he ends up coaching next.

14 minutes ago, crixus said:

I read on ESPN.com that the Sacramento Kings want to interview Luke Walton. I think that team would be a good fit for him. I'm a Lakers fan who thinks Walton was the fall guy for a totally screwed up organization. I hope he does well with the Kings or wherever he ends up coaching next.

That would be a great fit for Walton. Young, athletic team. If the Kings get a good lottery slot, and they throw Willie Cauley-Stein in the Sacramento River, they could really be a force.

3 hours ago, renoskier said:

I mentioned Lue last week and someone laughed:hmmm:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26507762/lakers-coach-search-eyes-lue-williams

Lue, who played for the Lakers from 1998-2001, spent four years with James in Cleveland, first as a Cavaliers assistant before taking over as head coach and leading the team to the 2016 title.

I did laugh but not for the reason that you think. I thought Lue was still coaching Cleveland.

2 hours ago, crixus said:

I read on ESPN.com that the Sacramento Kings want to interview Luke Walton. I think that team would be a good fit for him. I'm a Lakers fan who feels Walton was the fall guy for a totally screwed up organization. I hope he does well with the Kings or wherever he ends up coaching next.

I have read that Vlade Divac is a pain in the ass to work with.  

6 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Bron Bron is a cancer. I would not want that guy on my team. I’d take Curry over him any day of the week.

Lebron would find a way to run Pop off... the dude just doesn't want to be coached.

1 hour ago, wolfpack1 said:

Jeff Goodman is reporting that Luke Walton will be named Sacramento Kings new head coach by the end of the weekend.

The TV guys ust announced during the Raptors - Magic game.

It might be a better fit for him. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

9 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

Jeff Goodman is reporting that Luke Walton will be named Sacramento Kings new head coach by the end of the weekend.

It's already happened, here's the scoop. http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26515435/sources-walton-reaches-deal-coach-kings