Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bluerules009

Obama's legacy

Even our of office he is still killing so many people around the world.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/saudi-arabia-promised-support-to-libyan-warlord-in-push-to-seize-tripoli-11555077600?mod=hp_lead_pos5

The offensive on Tripoli represents the latest upheaval in a country that has lurched from crisis to crisis since longtime leader Moammar Gadhafi was overthrown and killed in a 2011 armed uprising. The chaos that ensued provided ground for Islamic State to operate and offered a route for hundreds of thousands of migrants to reach Europe in recent years.

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS

What should a political settlement look like in Libya? Join the conversation below.

Libya is now split between the internationally recognized government in Tripoli and a government allied with Mr. Haftar based in eastern Libya.

“Haftar would not be a player today without the foreign support he has received,” said Wolfram Lacher, a Libya expert at the German Institute for International and Security Affairs. “The last few months, pretty much everyone jumped on the Haftar train.”

13 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Had he not inherited 2 endless wars I doubt he’d have done much of anything in the Middle East.

So starting 6 more wars was a good idea?

SO you give him a pass on learning anything from his predecessors?

13 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

When talks of his legacy come up, you’d be flipping through quite a few pages before Libya popped up.

I agree because there are so many other disasters Libya is just a footnote and it only destabilized an african country and killed a few million arabs no one important.

Not to mention the racist nature of current historians will ignore all of his disasters, which will be hard because there isn't much else.

He also ignored and treated ISIS as a JV team until they went on to kill thousands and turn millions into refugees. Add the Muslim Brotherhood that he backed in Egypt until they were overthrown. His red line against Syria was a joke. Obama is largely responsible for the millions of refugees that fled to Europe. He gave millions to Iran which funded terrorist organizations throughout the Middle East. His foreign policy was a complete and utter disaster. 

1 hour ago, bluerules009 said:

Can't refute the facts so you act stupid.   You are really good at it, it must come natural to you.

I don’t know man have we seen the document yet?  We need to keep the heat on our former 2 term president 

Posted Image

Obama was THE MAN...he was truly a great president and will go down in history as such.  

In hindsight his biggest weakness was not taking full advantage of when he had majorities in both the senate and the house.  He wrongfully thought that if he tried to build bridges with the Republicans and pass a Heritage foundation healthcare plan without a public option would bring them onboard.  He negotiated with himself, wasted precious time, watered down the ACA, and still got zero Republican votes.  It seems a bit naïve now that he tried as best he could to build bridges with the Republicans and he wanted to build consensus.

Mitch McConnell and the racist birthers had a plan from day 1 to filibuster everything and to steal supreme court picks and to generally act in bad faith.  

As George W. Bush knows, "fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

The next Democratic president needs to understand what LBJ, Roosevelt, and Mike Tyson understood, “everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth”

Posted Image

3 hours ago, Akkula said:

Obama was THE MAN...he was truly a great president and will go down in history as such.  

In hindsight his biggest weakness was not taking full advantage of when he had majorities in both the senate and the house.  He wrongfully thought that if he tried to build bridges with the Republicans and pass a Heritage foundation healthcare plan without a public option would bring them onboard.  He negotiated with himself, wasted precious time, watered down the ACA, and still got zero Republican votes.  It seems a bit naïve now that he tried as best he could to build bridges with the Republicans and he wanted to build consensus.

Mitch McConnell and the racist birthers had a plan from day 1 to filibuster everything and to steal supreme court picks and to generally act in bad faith.  

As George W. Bush knows, "fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

The next Democratic president needs to understand what LBJ, Roosevelt, and Mike Tyson understood, “everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth”

Puff, puff, pass...

GrippingBountifulBergerpicard-small.gif

v0icAvfW.jpg

6 hours ago, Akkula said:

When historians get over their racist desire to pump him up because of his skin color.  Like you and all the other people who voted for him based on skin color.

He will be remembered as the least effective and worst president of modern times if not the entire history of the country.

It isn't even close to being in dispute.  In contrast Nixon is still the most successful president of modern times and that isn't in dispute either.  He has more successful legislation still active and everyone happy about than Obama had at any point.

Obama hasn't even one single positive accomplishment that lasted past the midterm of his successor.  A who raft of negative accomplishments though, that will last for decades.

39 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

When historians get over their racist desire to pump him up because of his skin color.  Like you and all the other people who voted for him based on skin color.

He will be remembered as the least effective and worst president of modern times if not the entire history of the country.

It isn't even close to being in dispute.  In contrast Nixon is still the most successful president of modern times and that isn't in dispute either.  He has more successful legislation still active and everyone happy about than Obama had at any point.

Obama hasn't even one single positive accomplishment that lasted past the midterm of his successor.  A who raft of negative accomplishments though, that will last for decades.

I’m just absolutely shocked that toilet would claim that Nixon is the greatest president. I totally didn’t see that one coming. No, not at all. 

Just now, retrofade said:

I’m just absolutely shocked that toilet would claim that Nixon is the greatest president. I totally didn’t see that one coming. No, not at all. 

Nixon was a very effective President, that can't really be disputed. Calling him the greatest is insane though. Watergate destroyed much of the goodwill the American people held for the office. I think Nixon is greatly responsible for most of the division we see today.

32 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I didn't claim he was the "greatest president", your internet papermill education failed you again.

I pointed out he was far more effective and has more positive impact on our present lives decades after his presidency than Obama did when he was in office.

That just isn't even arguable.

1 hour ago, bluerules009 said:

I didn't claim he was the "greatest president", your internet papermill education failed you again.

I pointed out he was far more effective and has more positive impact on our present lives decades after his presidency than Obama did when he was in office.

That just isn't even arguable.

He has more negative impact on our country, decades after his presidency. Were you simply drunk during Watergate, you mosquito killing dipshit?

23 minutes ago, retrofade said:

He has more negative impact on our country, decades after his presidency. Were you simply drunk during Watergate, you mosquito killing dipshit?

Were you simply drunk when Obama assassinated two American citizens?

Were you simply drunk when Obama used the IRS to attack his political foes.  Just like Nixon by the way?

Were you simply drunk when Obama lied about a 9/11 attack by Al Qaeda to change the outcome of an election?

Were you simply drunk when Obama contributed more to the national debt than all presidents combined before him?   Which will probably lead to civil war.

Were you simply drunk when Obama attacked 6 more countries than Bush?

Were you simply drunk when Computers in 3 states all blew up on the same day to cover up his crimes?

Were you simply drunk when it took 6 years to recover from a recession that should have been over in less than 2.?

Were you simply drunk when Obama ruined our relationship with China and destroyed NATO?

Were you simply drunk when Obama encouraged the arab spring destabilizing allies and enemies alike killing millions?

Were you drunk when Obama officials were caught lying to congress and never prosecuted?  About spying on Americans.

We can go on and on but your papermill degree doesn't give you the tools to discuss facts.

Nixon accomplishments still positive today.

1) clean water act.

2) Clean air act.

3) EPA a cabinet level agency.

4) Opened up China improving the lives of a billion chinese and increasing America's wealth at the same time.

5)  Endangered species act.

6) Ended the Draft and the Vietnam war.

7) Started the war on cancer with $100 million in research grant money which led directly to our current DNA breakthroughs and treatments.

8)  Title 9 opened the doors to women in sports.

9)  Lowered voting age from 21 to 18.

10)  Gave native americans the right to tribal self determination.

11) signed ABM treaty with Russia

12)  Started the SALT negotiations

13) started the legislation that led to superfund.

14) Nixon reformed civil rights, and welfare laws and thoroughly desegregated southern schools.

Obama accomplishments still positive today.

?

Nixon negatives

1) Watergate, If the standards of watergate were applied to Obama he would have been forced to resign too.

2)  War on drugs

3)  Took too long to end the vietnam war.