Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Illegal Immigrants to Sanctuary Cities.

2 hours ago, edluvar said:

what a simplistic fool.  The flyover states who suck the teet of the federal government should understand the size and scope of an economy like California 

You mean the state with the highest Income inequality, the most homeless and the least freedoms in the country.  The state that receives the most welfare from the federal government.   Yeah we understand California, you don't seem to.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/12/us-states-with-the-highest-levels-of-income-inequality.html

https://www.usich.gov/homelessness-statistics/ca

1 minute ago, IanforHeisman said:

California is the most affected state by undocumented immigrants right? Texas #2? It’s always the people 1000 miles away claiming it’s an emergency, you don’t hear that much from ground zero. 

Yes you do.

8 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

You are a brainwashed drone who believes what the box in your apartment tells you.  No one expected anything else from you.

Reminder California is bad.   Mmmmmm Kay 

Posted Image

2 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Yes you do.

The mayors of the three largest border towns in Texas all stated they don’t want a wall. I lived in San Antonio for 3 years, if Texas wanted or needed a wall they wouldn’t wait for a suit in DC to build one.

I was born and raised in Bellflower. People in rural Idaho are much more concerned about it than people in SoCal.

3 years ago there wasn’t a concern in the world about undocumented immigrants crossing the border.. We let the border patrol do their job, no emergency.

Trump watched a segment on Fox News and convinced every 40+ white male in America that it’s a national crisis. 

None of his followers batted an eyelash when America would pay for the wall after repeating over and over he wouldn’t use taxpayer money. He can’t do wrong.

73E67AA3-A01B-41C3-ABB8-C9B309384D14.jpeg

Just now, IanforHeisman said:

The mayors of the three largest border towns in Texas all stated they don’t want a wall. I lived in San Antonio for 3 years, if Texas wanted or needed a wall they wouldn’t wait for a suit in DC to build one.

I was born and raised in Bellflower. People in rural Idaho are much more concerned about it than people in SoCal.

The working class whites have left\are leaving CA.  The reason CA is so blue isnt just immigration coming in, its the white working class leaving.  The core of the democrats is public workers, minorities, and urban upper class.  Those are now the majorities in most of CA.  The greatest outflow from CA has been white high school grads that dont have a college degree.  They havent just moved because of immigration, its also housing costs and lack of manufacturing jobs or competitive wages in those jobs relative to cost of living (which is partly due to regulation and partly due to labor competition).

7 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

3 years ago there wasn’t a concern in the world about undocumented immigrants crossing the border.. We let the border patrol do their job, no emergency.

Trump watched a segment on Fox News and convinced every 40+ white male in America that it’s a national crisis. 

None of his followers batted an eyelash when America would pay for the wall after repeating over and over he wouldn’t use taxpayer money. He can’t do wrong.

73E67AA3-A01B-41C3-ABB8-C9B309384D14.jpeg

Then why did Obama send the national guard to the border?  

1 minute ago, CPslograd said:

The working class whites have left\are leaving CA.  The reason CA is so blue isnt just immigration coming in, its the white working class leaving.  The core of the democrats is public workers, minorities, and urban upper class.  Those are now the majorities in most of CA.  The greatest outflow from CA has been white high school grads that dont have a college degree.  They havent just moved because of immigration, its also housing costs and lack of manufacturing jobs or competitive wages in those jobs relative to cost of living (which is partly due to regulation and partly due to labor competition).

California has issues and I’ll never live their again if I don’t have to.. But my experience is people living in SoCal  are less worried about crowds of people waking 1500 miles to the border trying to cross compared to people living 1500 miles north of the border. 

6 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Is Obama trumps mentor and idol?  How come Obama provided health care and trump is against it if Obama was so all knowing.   

Posted Image

1 minute ago, IanforHeisman said:

California has issues and I’ll never live their again if I don’t have to.. But my experience is people living in SoCal  are less worried about crowds of people waking 1500 miles to the border trying to cross compared to people living 1500 miles north of the border. 

All im saying is that its complicated, and there arent really any angels or villians in the deal.  Ive argued with people on both sides of this issue.  I dont have the energy to do it tonight.

3 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Frankly I’m more worried about the anti government crazy’s living in the Woods by the Canadian border more than the families seeking asylum 

Posted Image

3 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Why didn’t he ask America to build a wall? Why didn’t Bush right after 9/11 when border crossings were much higher?

Trump made up a national crisis to put fear in his base and it worked. They’re convinced he will save them from MS13 rape gangs and will justify any lie or crime he commits. There isn’t a crime he could commit that his supporters wouldn’t either justify or write off as fake news.

4 minutes ago, edluvar said:

Frankly I’m more worried about the anti government crazy’s living in the Woods by the Canadian border more than the families seeking asylum 

Me too. I own 2 rental houses by Timberline. The apartments across the street are filled with hundreds of immigrants, all colors of the rainbow. Zero crime. They want to work and live, more so than people born here.

It was just sheer luck we were born in America. It’s surprising how many people lack empathy and can’t think about what’s its like to have to leave everything you know just to be safe. We take it for granted. 

Imagine how bad it must be at home to leave it all behind with small children and walk a dangerous path that puts their kids lives at risk in the hopes of safety.

43 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Me too. I own 2 rental houses by Timberline. The apartments across the street are filled with hundreds of immigrants, all colors of the rainbow. Zero crime. They want to work and live, more so than people born here.

It was just sheer luck we were born in America. It’s surprising how many people lack empathy and can’t think about what’s its like to have to leave everything you know just to be safe. We take it for granted. 

Imagine how bad it must be at home to leave it all behind with small children and walk a dangerous path that puts their kids lives at risk in the hopes of safety.

Just like we cant be the policeman for the world and god knows how hard we try, we can’t be the savior for billions of impoverished people either.  The USA gives more to impoverished countries than anyone else in the world. I would bet it’s more than all the other countries combined. When there is a natural disaster in a third world country the USA is usually first in providing aid and supplies. So please stop trying to shame us with your lack of empathy bull shit.