Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Illegal Immigrants to Sanctuary Cities.

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Policy should not be dictated by an "I'll show them" ideology.  

The pendulum is going to swing badly if this keeps up.

If they want to protect them, what better place to put them. I’d like to see them bus thousands to San Francisco. That’s the problem with the Dem leftists they want everyone else but themselves take care of the problems they create. 

12 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I don’t see your point. He is being kind, placing illegals where they are wanted and will be protected. 

He doesn't know the meaning of the word kind. And i doubt you think he is trying to be kind either.  Just another guy taking shots on the internet to protect his political views.  Lovely.  Welcome to Trump world where making fun of immigrant kids and using them as pawns makes the president actually look good to his base.  Bizarre times.

12 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

It will never happen, but really don't see a problem with them having to own their policies.  The Left's talking points are that these immigrants are harmless and a net positive to the communities and economies they settle in.

And the president's talking point is they are rapists and murderers.  As a person who lives in the beautiful southwest,  i can tell you which side is full of it.  By the way, look up El Paso's murder rate and compare it to other US cities.  In a city of 600k+, it averages 10-15 murders a year.  And has for decades.  Always among FBI's safest cities.  Or just google the list.  So is San Diego, another border city.  

This is mind-numbingly stupid, but not surprising considering the source 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

5 minutes ago, alum93 said:

And the president's talking point is they are rapists and murderers.  As a person who lives in the beautiful southwest,  i can tell you which side is full of it.  By the way, look up El Paso's murder rate and compare it to other US cities.  In a city of 600k+, it averages 10-15 murders a year.  And has for decades.  Always among FBI's safest cities.  Or just google the list.  So is San Diego, another border city.  

McAllen, a town about the size of Boise, had 0 murders last year right on the border.

If Texas thought they needed a border wall for safety they’d already have one. The further people get from the wall the more they believe Texas needs one.

16 minutes ago, alum93 said:

So these sanctuary cities should be applauding this crazy idea.  They should be asking for it to happen, right?

1 hour ago, BYUcougfan said:

So these sanctuary cities should be applauding this crazy idea.  They should be asking for it to happen, right?

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not,  but these are children with nothing to their name you are talking about, human beings whose parents are hoping for a better life away form violence and gangs in many cases.  Dropping them off in the middle of a random city to make a political statement is absurd.  Other than that, i won't take the time to give a serious response to that kind of question.  Evidently lack of empathy isn't contained to the orange leader.

1 hour ago, IanforHeisman said:

Funny how Trump marries white immigrants and demonizes brown immigrants.

Hes convinced his flock of poor, uneducated white people that brown immigrants are all MS13 rapists.

Or how about anytime something horrific happens with an illegal immigrant, Fox and Trump jump and scream through the roofs and paint tens of millions of people with a broad brush.  Those scary and evil brown people!  But when a school shooting or over a hundred people in Vegas are slaughtered, it's never about a white male.  And that's because it shouldn't be.  It's idiotic to take a tragedy and project it on to millions of people.  But race baiting sells really well with a particular group.  Trump is a master at it.  Worse, he proudly tweets his ignorance.

22 minutes ago, alum93 said:

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not,  but these are children with nothing to their name you are talking about, human beings whose parents are hoping for a better life away form violence and gangs in many cases.  Dropping them off in the middle of a random city to make a political statement is absurd.  Other than that, i won't take the time to give a serious response to that kind of question.  Evidently lack of empathy isn't contained to the orange leader.

I have no problem with people looking for a better life. Do it legally is all I ask and I would welcome them in.

10 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

I have no problem with people looking for a better life. Do it legally is all I ask and I would welcome them in.

So in other words, apply for asylum per our existing laws.  I agree.  The president disagrees. 

28 minutes ago, alum93 said:

So in other words, apply for asylum per our existing laws.  I agree.  Our president disagrees. 

No, that's not it. Apply for citizenship. 

When you break the law to enter the country and live here illegally I don't have sympathy for you. Decisions have consequences. When you make the decision to live here illegally you know you can and should be deported.