Jump to content
#1Stunner

FLORIDA STATE vs BOISE will be the biggest MWC football game of the year.

Recommended Posts

It’s a huge game.. One of the bigger OOC games for the MWC in years as the other top MWC teams don’t play many OOC games against cfb giants. Playing in an NFL stadium like we did against Va Tech is big too.

 

Its a winnable game considering FSU is kinda a mess. Boise made its reputation beating schools with better athletes. But it’s also not the same Boise, the swagger isn’t there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BSU fan in Columbus said:

BSU vs UGA 2011 was big game too

I was there. I drove down from Greenville with my next-door neighbor who was a Georgia alarm and my other next-door neighbor who is a Penn State alum. Before the game or the Georgia fans are talking smack big-time to all of us Boise State fans and then after the game they all came up and shook her hand and said “you guys are legit”. I think that was our best team ever.

 

But that was when we ran a high powered, multi shift, multi formation dynamic offense. Now we run some nondescript hodgepodge that you can find on dozens of college campuses. Harsin’s record against P5 teams has been less than stellar. Florida State is flat out terrible though; Willie Taggart is a fantastic human being but an awful football coach. I’m expecting a score something like 13-10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

I was there. I drove down from Greenville with my next-door neighbor who was a Georgia alarm and my other next-door neighbor who is a Penn State alum. Before the game or the Georgia fans are talking smack big-time to all of us Boise State fans and then after the game they all came up and shook her hand and said “you guys are legit”. I think that was our best team ever.

 

But that was when we ran a high powered, multi shift, multi formation dynamic offense. Now we run some nondescript hodgepodge that you can find on dozens of college campuses. Harsin’s record against P5 teams has been less than stellar. Florida State is flat out terrible though; Willie Taggart is a fantastic human being but an awful football coach. I’m expecting a score something like 13-10.

The good old days when Boise would shift multiple times, exploit weakness, repeat. The offense has never been the same since we stopped doing that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

The good old days when Boise would shift multiple times, exploit weakness, repeat. The offense has never been the same since we stopped doing that.

What’s interesting is that Washington isn’t running it either. Have defenses changed so much that Pete’s poison just doesn’t work anymore? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

I was there. I drove down from Greenville with my next-door neighbor who was a Georgia alarm and my other next-door neighbor who is a Penn State alum. Before the game or the Georgia fans are talking smack big-time to all of us Boise State fans and then after the game they all came up and shook her hand and said “you guys are legit”. I think that was our best team ever.

 

But that was when we ran a high powered, multi shift, multi formation dynamic offense. Now we run some nondescript hodgepodge that you can find on dozens of college campuses. Harsin’s record against P5 teams has been less than stellar. Florida State is flat out terrible though; Willie Taggart is a fantastic human being but an awful football coach. I’m expecting a score something like 13-10.

It’s called harsin O. He can recruit coaching not so much a strength. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

It’s a huge game.. One of the bigger OOC games for the MWC in years as the other top MWC teams don’t play many OOC games against cfb giants. Playing in an NFL stadium like we did against Va Tech is big too.

 

Its a winnable game considering FSU is kinda a mess. Boise made its reputation beating schools with better athletes. But it’s also not the same Boise, the swagger isn’t there. 

What is Boise's QB and RB situation going into the season?  Who are the projected starters?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

The good old days when Boise would shift multiple times, exploit weakness, repeat. The offense has never been the same since we stopped doing that.

 

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

What’s interesting is that Washington isn’t running it either. Have defenses changed so much that Pete’s poison just doesn’t work anymore? 

Those old Boise State offenses were amazing and fun to watch.   I wish Boise would bring back an old assistant who knows how to run it.

Any chance Harsin leaves for a bigger job?  Or is he a lifer at Boise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a huge game...for FSU. Taggart has to show that last year was an anomaly. If he loses, or even wins a close game, he’ll be sweating out the rest of the season. 

Obviously sjsu @ arkansas is a much bigger game.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

It is a huge game...for FSU. Taggart has to show that last year was an anomaly. If he loses, or even wins a close game, he’ll be sweating out the rest of the season. 

Obviously sjsu @ arkansas is a much bigger game.

SJSU has a football team?

  • Cheers 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wolfpack1 said:

SJSU has a football team?

There must be a reason I’m so unhappy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

The good old days when Boise would shift multiple times, exploit weakness, repeat. The offense has never been the same since we stopped doing that.

Yup, that dynamic offense put us on the national map and we inexplicably dumped it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Yup, that dynamic offense put us on the national map and we inexplicably dumped it.

Different personnel or different philosophy possibly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

It’s a huge game.. One of the bigger OOC games for the MWC in years as the other top MWC teams don’t play many OOC games against cfb giants. Playing in an NFL stadium like we did against Va Tech is big too.

 

Its a winnable game considering FSU is kinda a mess. Boise made its reputation beating schools with better athletes. But it’s also not the same Boise, the swagger isn’t there. 

"as the other top MWC teams don’t play many OOC games against cfb giants"

Are you serious, in 2017 Fresno played both Alabama and Washington on the road back to back.  I don't recall Boise doing anything that difficult.  FSU would get creamed by both Alabama and UW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The FSU-BSU game has some interesting bylines. Is FSU really as bad as they played last year? As bad as they played they still recruit better athletes than Boise State. Can Boise State win with an inexperienced and untested QB and RB? Will FSUs defensive line make BSUs Oline look as bad as OSU did last year? 

This should be a defensive struggle although both teams have excellent skill players. It’s both teams Olines that are suspect. My prediction is whichever teams Oline plays the best will win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2019 at 3:02 PM, #1Stunner said:

 

So... you are upset that I posted an article authored TODAY, and that I made a statement about it being the biggest game in the MWC all of next season.

Get over it.

Not everyone needs to be made to have the same exact opinions, or be forced to do the same.  That would be sports message board imposed socialism.

Stunner, if you're incapable of separating sports from non sports, you need to take a break from this board. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean... the last time Boise State played a P5 team with a lot of speed it was not pretty. Taggert is nowhere near as good a coach as Gundy though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Stunner, if you're incapable of separating sports from non sports, you need to take a break from this board. 

Seriously?  Swinging your hips around, and telling other posters what's what?!?!  

Who made you the board Mother?

No Ma'am!   Find someone else to boss around!!

 

latest?cb=20140824082010

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I mean... the last time Boise State played a P5 team with a lot of speed it was not pretty. Taggert is nowhere near as good a coach as Gundy though. 

Leave Taggart out of this!   It's got nothing to do with Wyoming!!!

 

http://www.uwyo.edu/profiles/notable-alumni/taggart.html

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SBBulldog85 said:

"as the other top MWC teams don’t play many OOC games against cfb giants"

Are you serious, in 2017 Fresno played both Alabama and Washington on the road back to back.  I don't recall Boise doing anything that difficult.  FSU would get creamed by both Alabama and UW.

There is only one "top" program in the MWC.  Fresno is to Boise as Northwestern is to Ohio State.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

There is only one "top" program in the MWC.  Fresno is to Boise as Northwestern is to Ohio State.

damn what does that make San Jose 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×