Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VandalPride97

Restoring order from chaos...

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Idaho needs to concentrate on academics since their athletic ship sailed long ago. Actually that leaky boat never has been sea worthy.  How long before the Big Sky kicks them down to D-2, or they go strictly intramural sports. 

Their star all league LB couldnt even start at Boise State. Lol. 

You need to concentrate on literacy.  You're a mouse-fart away from 3rd grade.

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

So I was talking to some younger vandal alums and they kept referring to Idaho as the "Harvard of the Northwest". Me being a long time fan of the U of I, I've always known it to be the "Harvard of the West". So my question is, what western institution was able to take the title from Idaho and push them up north? Was it the lack of a president, ya think? Are they going to get that title back now that they've made such a splashy hire?

I call bullshit.  No Vandal would refer to Idaho as the "Harvard of the Northwest."  That's just fukking silly - everyone knows it's the ENTIRE west.  Come on KP, I expected more from you.  Unlike Jizzslam, you have a record of wit to protect.

21 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

I call bullshit.  No Vandal would refer to Idaho as the "Harvard of the Northwest."  That's just fukking silly - everyone knows it's the ENTIRE west.  Come on KP, I expected more from you.  Unlike Jizzslam, you have a record of wit to protect.

I'm telling ya, it happened. I wanted to correct them, but their education level was very intimidating. 

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

So I was talking to some younger vandal alums and they kept referring to Idaho as the "Harvard of the Northwest". Me being a long time fan of the U of I, I've always known it to be the "Harvard of the West". So my question is, what western institution was able to take the title from Idaho and push them up north? Was it the lack of a president, ya think? Are they going to get that title back now that they've made such a splashy hire?

Sorry, but Harvard of the West has always been Stanford U.

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Ada and Canyon County (see red below) have a combined population of 673k.  Wyoming has a population of 577k.  The rest of Idaho not including Boise metro area has over a million.

image.thumb.png.15f111c0e618e40c97b2d27c95da25b4.png

Not sure what you were trying to say in that post.  I was just thinking about the facilities issues at Idaho and the competitive issues.  Seems like there might not be enough $ to go around.  Was actually thinking of a state like Nebraska when I wrote that.  

38 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I'd laugh my ass off if BSU hired the Banana Slug lady. Oh shit. I assumed her/its gender. What am I thinking?!

A dude on BroncoCountry thinks she is the favorite due to her executive experience at UCSC.

ISBOE has more board members from BYU than BSU - I could see the Vandals on there choosing her out of spite.

Her claiming to be a social justice warrior in her official bio though? I don’t think that would be a good fit in the State of Idaho.

3 hours ago, VandalPride97 said:

Why harsh my buzz with this shit?  TBH, I feel sort of bad for you after reading up on your presidential finalists, but I wasn't going to say anything.  Since you opened the can of worms - it looks like the SBOE and the powers that be have spoken re: which school is at the kiddie table in the state.  Our winner was a manager for Deloitte and Touche - NYC at 27.  He was a VP for Goldman Sachs at 32. He's coming from a top 10 global law firm where he was the fukking CEO and recognized innovator.  Now look at your murders row of candidates and tell me which banana slug, minor dean or career administrator you think is going to lead BSU to glory.

Splitting hairs here but as an accountant being a manager at a Big 4 firm at 27 isn't that impressive. The typical path for a public accountant goes like this.

Associate 23-24

Senior Associate 25-26

Manager 27-29

Senior manager 30-34/possibly up till 40 if they can't sell work

Partner - depends on appitute, need etc.

Also the title inflation in banking is rampant, a VP at an investment bank is like middle management in a business. Of course the middle managers in banking make 400K, so whatever, I'm sure he's good for the job. 

14 minutes ago, TyranosaurusFlex said:

Splitting hairs here but as an accountant being a manager at a Big 4 firm at 27 isn't that impressive. The typical path for a public accountant goes like this.

Associate 23-24

Senior Associate 25-26

Manager 27-29

Senior manager 30-34/possibly up till 40 if they can't sell work

Partner - depends on appitute, need etc.

Also the title inflation in banking is rampant, a VP at an investment bank is like middle management in a business. Of course the middle managers in banking make 400K, so whatever, I'm sure he's good for the job. 

I see what you're saying.  Banks and title inflation go hand in hand.  Law firms are the opposite.  Dude is really fukking good at what he does, that's my point.

5 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

No kidding.  Go shag a lamb somewhere Tex. 

Lol.

Lambs are in Idaho.

What did I say was wrong. 

Stanford is the Harvard of the West. Apparently only people in Moscow think so highly of themselves.   People who live and grew up outside of Idaho know UI isn’t anywhere near that status.

3 hours ago, MWC Tex said:

Lol.

Lambs are in Idaho.

What did I say was wrong. 

Stanford is the Harvard of the West. Apparently only people in Moscow think so highly of themselves.   People who live and grew up outside of Idaho know UI isn’t anywhere near that status.

giphy-27.gif

10 hours ago, VandalPride97 said:

Why harsh my buzz with this shit?  TBH, I feel sort of bad for you after reading up on your presidential finalists, but I wasn't going to say anything.  Since you opened the can of worms - it looks like the SBOE and the powers that be have spoken re: which school is at the kiddie table in the state.  Our winner was a manager for Deloitte and Touche - NYC at 27.  He was a VP for Goldman Sachs at 32. He's coming from a top 10 global law firm where he was the fukking CEO and recognized innovator.  Now look at your murders row of candidates and tell me which banana slug, minor dean or career administrator you think is going to lead BSU to glory.

That is hilarious you think someone with an accounting degree has the potential to be a great educator!  What did he innovate?  A different type of paper to push up to the real decision makers in business.  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

7 hours ago, slappy said:

Not sure what you were trying to say in that post.  I was just thinking about the facilities issues at Idaho and the competitive issues.  Seems like there might not be enough $ to go around.  Was actually thinking of a state like Nebraska when I wrote that.  

Your right which is why DUI will be a junior college that feeds BSU in the next decade.   It makes no sense to have a shit college in a little shit dirty town where no one wants to go to school as a competitor for state funds to your flagship in the capital.

10 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

A dude on BroncoCountry thinks she is the favorite due to her executive experience at UCSC.

ISBOE has more board members from BYU than BSU - I could see the Vandals on there choosing her out of spite.

Her claiming to be a social justice warrior in her official bio though? I don’t think that would be a good fit in the State of Idaho.

Yeah, that shit won't fly in the conservative gem state.