Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dj_John69

Nevada's roster for next year

58 minutes ago, Dj_John69 said:

Nevada transfer Shamiel Stevenson tells me that he has committed to Nebraska.

54 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

That's been expected since he entered the portal after the first practice.

Still kinda strange since he's already been on campus and in class.

When will he be eligible now?

1 hour ago, nvspuds said:

Not a good thing by any stretch..Alford has his work cut out for him.

I saw yesterday that Stevenson had changed his Twitter account background, which had an illustration of him in a Nevada uniform. Figured that this was going to happen after that.

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

Still kinda strange since he's already been on campus and in class.

When will he be eligible now?

I think this means he’ll sit out all of next season and have two years of eligibility remaining. It’s weird how the mid-year transfer rules work: start playing at the semester break a year following your transfer and play for 1.7 season (approx); sit out three semesters and play for two years. I understand why the rules work like that, but it’s still a little strange. 

1 hour ago, Posturedoc said:

I think this means he’ll sit out all of next season and have two years of eligibility remaining. It’s weird how the mid-year transfer rules work: start playing at the semester break a year following your transfer and play for 1.7 season (approx); sit out three semesters and play for two years. I understand why the rules work like that, but it’s still a little strange. 

I didn't know it worked that way.

It is odd you can gain an advantage by transferring and then transfer again.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

21 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I didn't know it worked that way.

It is odd you can gain an advantage by transferring and then transfer again.

Or just waiting a half year to transfer, they'd still be sit one, play 2, versus sit 1, play 1.5.

Lindsey Drew announces his return for next season.  Now we are just waiting on Brown. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

54 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Lindsey Drew announces his return for next season.  Now we are just waiting on Brown. 

Great news, if Brown returns then we definitely have a chance to be a very good team.

I really hope the Lindsey is able to get healthy and have an excellent year!

On 5/14/2019 at 12:49 PM, mugtang said:

Best news of the week!!!

23 minutes ago, fbpack said:

Jordan Brown took an offical visit to Arizona this past weekend I wouldnt be suprised if thats where he ends up

Heard he tripped over a bag someone left laying around and skinned his knee pretty good, but will live. ;)

Stoked to hear Drew is back. Honestly, id love for Brown to make up his mind asap! He leaves, we can still sign another big guy. He stays, we are in great shape.

IMO, it could be very hard for Brown to return if he's experiencing family pressure to go elsewhere. I think Brown would like to return and not sit out a year. Muss limited his playing time last season, so blame Muss for that one. It's time to say in Alford we trust, I hope the Brown family does as well.:shrug: