Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dj_John69

Nevada's roster for next year

2 minutes ago, NevadaAllStar said:

One more down, just a couple more to go.....Jazz and Jalen really stepping up into the leadership roles.

It's encouraging that JB hasn't signed with anyone else.  He's still a longshot, but we have reason to be optimistic. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 minute ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

It's encouraging that JB hasn't signed with anyone else.  He's still a longshot, but we have reason to be optimistic. 

Obviously only JB knows for sure but I don't see us as a long shot. I think the uncertainty of sitting a year at a Kentucky type school while other 5 stars get to play ahead of you or get recruited may swing it in the Pack's favor. Regardless I wish him the best, I feel he was done a disservice by his usage last year and I want to see the kid succeed, hopefully in the Silver and Blue...

2 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Obviously the fact that he has to sit a year gives us a chance. A wasted year like that just shortens his NBA career by a year. I don’t know why he’s so concerned about where he plays for a year, as long as he starts and is challenged by the competition. Or who knows, maybe he plays 2 more years. 

If we get everyone back but JB, I don’t think it’s going to matter that much. In fact, if we had a young prospect on a quick learning curve that would be around for 4 years, that spot would probably make more sense to invest in that player. 

kat.jpg

3 hours ago, NevadaAllStar said:

Obviously only JB knows for sure but I don't see us as a long shot. I think the uncertainty of sitting a year at a Kentucky type school while other 5 stars get to play ahead of you or get recruited may swing it in the Pack's favor. Regardless I wish him the best, I feel he was done a disservice by his usage last year and I want to see the kid succeed, hopefully in the Silver and Blue...

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

Obviously the fact that he has to sit a year gives us a chance. A wasted year like that just shortens his NBA career by a year. I don’t know why he’s so concerned about where he plays for a year, as long as he starts and is challenged by the competition. Or who knows, maybe he plays 2 more years. 

If we get everyone back but JB, I don’t think it’s going to matter that much. In fact, if we had a young prospect on a quick learning curve that would be around for 4 years, that spot would probably make more sense to invest in that player. 

I wonder if Hymes staying will help tilt the needle in our direction.  JB wants to play the 4. Perhaps Hymes can play the 5.  

Regardless, Hymes, Harris, Parrish & Johnson is a pretty good group to build around. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 hour ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I wonder if Hymes staying will help tilt the needle in our direction.  JB wants to play the 4. Perhaps Hymes can play the 5.  

Regardless, Hymes, Harris, Parrish & Johnson is a pretty good group to build around. 

Yeah. I wonder when we’ll start seeing signs of Alford offering recruits and the status of them. I know he’s been swamped, but any good coach would’ve started recruiting already. We sure could use a couple of good grad transfers, and one with 2 years to play would be even better. 

What do you think the chances are that Drew can play this season? I’d think it’s gotta be reasonable if he’s looking at other schools to play for. I can’t remember for sure what the max time is for a medical red shirt. 1 year? Now that I think about it, he should still have his red shirt unless he used it last season. 

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I think JB and Hymes would be a 5 in name only. I haven’t looked at Alford’s past teams much but a coach as good as him adjusts style to players abilities. Neither Hymes nor Brown are true centers like Carvacho or Porter so I could see more of the “positionless” basketball we saw under Muss.

3 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Yeah. I wonder when we’ll start seeing signs of Alford offering recruits and the status of them. I know he’s been swamped, but any good coach would’ve started recruiting already. We sure could use a couple of good grad transfers, and one with 2 years to play would be even better. 

What do you think the chances are that Drew can play this season? I’d think it’s gotta be reasonable if he’s looking at other schools to play for. I can’t remember for sure what the max time is for a medical red shirt. 1 year? Now that I think about it, he should still have his red shirt unless he used it last season. 

I think will start to see more guys take officials in the next week too. Alford has gotten guys to return and now guys are starting to visit. Love the first visit is quality HS kid too. With 5 scholarships (if all return) can get a nice blend of transfers and HS guys still.

1 hour ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

I think I read awhile back the GSR is closing the range.  True?

Heard rumors they might get a top golf in its place?

49 minutes ago, UofNPackFan said:

Two top golf in Reno???  

The Silver Legacy is the smaller version, this would be the full multi level one. Not sure if it will actually happen though.

20 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

I think I read awhile back the GSR is closing the range.  True?

They expanded the pool area but that didn't interfere with the aqua range.  It's really popular, particularly during summer nights.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

6 hours ago, battle.borne said:

They expanded the pool area but that didn't interfere with the aqua range.  It's really popular, particularly during summer nights.

And they made some improvements......and raised prices. :angry: