Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dj_John69

Nevada's roster for next year

2 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Do it for a couple of years of it and watch what happens...

S/SDSU

When was this?  Old mwc?

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

14 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

I think the players wanted Argenal so there may be a whole bunch of them leaving..Alford has his worked cut out..

Yea & Carter was popular with the players & fans.  I trust Knuth more then a popularity contest.  Muss & Alford methods & personalities are so different I expect a large turnover.  Alford needs to get his own players in here.  

11 minutes ago, wolfan8431 said:

Yea & Carter was popular with the players & fans.  I trust Knuth more then a popularity contest.  Muss & Alford methods & personalities are so different I expect a large turnover.  Alford needs to get his own players in here.  

Exactly. Nice guys finish last and last time Nevada went down the bench for a coach all the players loved, it was a disaster that killed all the momentum that our first Sweet 16 run had rolling. The players will stomp their feet and several may leave, but we'll be fine in the end. It may be a rough year or two, but we may be pleasantly surprised too. 

2 hours ago, UofNPackFan said:

Signed Danyelle Musselman.

Sure. But Jazz isn’t Danyelle Musselman. He’s just a player seeing what his options are. He’d be dumb not to. I hope he stays but wouldn’t blame him for leaving.

8 hours ago, godogsgo said:

When was this?  Old mwc?

"Long may they reign." 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

Sure. But Jazz isn’t Danyelle Musselman. He’s just a player seeing what his options are. He’d be dumb not to. I hope he stays but wouldn’t blame him for leaving.

I was just messing around.  Losing someone who can be a leader will be a tough one.  Someone who can rally the team. But instead he is one of many now that want to check options instead.

3 minutes ago, UofNPackFan said:

I was just messing around.  Losing someone who can be a leader will be a tough one.  Someone who can rally the team. But instead he is one of many now that want to check options instead.

If I had to guess I’d say he is staying.

10 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Parrish, Stevenson and Edwards. Two Juco's and a soft Canuck

Warm body transfers. Reno fan will tell you they're studs. They're not.

No. People in Reno recognize Muss mailed in his recruiting efforts sometime last November. Parrish and Stevenson are good players - but not great. Edwards, who's already moving on, is a stiff.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

6 minutes ago, UofNPackFan said:

Hope you are correct, along with JB and those who say out last season

JB I am definitely worried about. UCLA recruited him, so Alford and him have a relationship. But I think UCLA offered O'Neal instead. Not sure how JB feels about that a year later.

14 hours ago, nvspuds said:

I think the players wanted Argenal so there may be a whole bunch of them leaving..Alford has his worked cut out..

We'll see what happens after he signs and meets with the players.  I expect to lose some but not all. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

2 minutes ago, Dj_John69 said:

As much as i want to keep our guys together, I'm also excited to see what Alford can do with his recruiting magic!

I wish we had this wrapped up a week ago.  Now he's got to recruits while assembling a staff.  He's got his work cut out for him.  

Next season could be rough. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 minute ago, BleedRed702 said:

roster.png

Is Reno going to even be able to field a team next year?

Drew is apparently entering his name into the portal too:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater