Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

madmartigan

Nevada Transfers

2 minutes ago, BleedRed702 said:

roster.png

Is Reno going to even be able to field a team next year? 

Maybe not.  But we could sign some of our cheerleaders and band members and still beat that JV team down south. :str8pimp:

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

People assume that when someone puts their name in the portal they are leaving when that just isn't true. A couple of the guys who have put in their portal didn't play much or at all last year for the team. 

However from what I have heard Nevada may lose Brown.

6 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

People assume that when someone puts their name in the portal they are leaving when that just isn't true. A couple of the guys who have put in their portal didn't play much or at all last year for the team. 

However from what I have heard Nevada may lose Brown.

No surprise.  He may end up at Arky. 

Barack Obama

27 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

FWIW two of Brown's hs teammates from Prolific Prep are at UC Santa Barbara.  Not sure if that carries much weight, but it's something.

Who knows what players stay after talking with Alford? Another thing to consider is there are many other talented players out there who also entered the transfer portal, some with even more talent. I find it hard to believe that Alford won't land some quality grad replacements if he needs them. he's not coming to Nevada to lose.

Just now, westfan said:

Who knows what players stay after talking with Alford? Another thing to consider is there are many other talented players out there who also entered the transfer portal, some with even more talent. I find it hard to believe that Alford won't land some quality grad replacements if he needs them. he's not coming to Nevada to lose.

And you never know if some of his recruits will follow him.  Or if some of his former players transfer to NV.

He'll do just fine at NV.  And if he sticks around, we may end up better for the change. 

Barack Obama

2 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Why would he chase the coach that stunted his development by playing grad xfer scrubs in front of him? Muss did Brown NO favors. He can get to a better program than Ark but he's actually better served by staying, assuming Alford is the man.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke