Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things Anymore

Massie: Sec. Kerry, I want to read part of your statement back to you: “Instead of convening a kangaroo court, the president might want to talk with the educated adults he once trusted his top national security positions.” It sounds like you’re questioning the credentials of the president’s advisers, currently. But I think we should question your credentials today. Isn’t it true you have a science degree from Yale?
Kerry: Bachelor of arts degree.
Massie: Is it a political science degree?
Kerry: Yes, political science.
Massie: So how do you get a bachelor of arts, in a science?
Kerry: Well it’s a liberal arts education and degree. It’s a bachelor…
Massie: OK. So it’s not really science. So I think it’s somewhat appropriate that someone with a pseudo-science degree is here pushing pseudo-science in front of our committee today.
Kerry: Are you serious?! I mean this is really a serious happening here?
Massie: You know what? It is serious. You’re calling the president’s Cabinet a “kangaroo court.” Is that serious?
Kerry: I’m not calling his Cabinet a kangaroo court, I’m calling this committee that he’s putting together a kangaroo committee.
Massie: Are you saying it doesn’t have educated adults now?
Kerry: I don’t know who it has yet because it’s secret.
Massie: Well you said it in your testimony.
Kerry: Why would he have to have a secret analysis of climate change?
Massie: Let’s get back to the science of it.
Kerry: But it’s not science, you’re not quoting science!
Massie: Well, You’re the science expert. You have the political science degree.

9 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Massie: Sec. Kerry, I want to read part of your statement back to you: “Instead of convening a kangaroo court, the president might want to talk with the educated adults he once trusted his top national security positions.” It sounds like you’re questioning the credentials of the president’s advisers, currently. But I think we should question your credentials today. Isn’t it true you have a science degree from Yale?
Kerry: Bachelor of arts degree.
Massie: Is it a political science degree?
Kerry: Yes, political science.
Massie: So how do you get a bachelor of arts, in a science?
Kerry: Well it’s a liberal arts education and degree. It’s a bachelor…
Massie: OK. So it’s not really science. So I think it’s somewhat appropriate that someone with a pseudo-science degree is here pushing pseudo-science in front of our committee today.
Kerry: Are you serious?! I mean this is really a serious happening here?
Massie: You know what? It is serious. You’re calling the president’s Cabinet a “kangaroo court.” Is that serious?
Kerry: I’m not calling his Cabinet a kangaroo court, I’m calling this committee that he’s putting together a kangaroo committee.
Massie: Are you saying it doesn’t have educated adults now?
Kerry: I don’t know who it has yet because it’s secret.
Massie: Well you said it in your testimony.
Kerry: Why would he have to have a secret analysis of climate change?
Massie: Let’s get back to the science of it.
Kerry: But it’s not science, you’re not quoting science!
Massie: Well, You’re the science expert. You have the political science degree.

Insane.  

Just now, bsu_alum9 said:

Interesting to note that Massie has a degree in electrical engineering and a masters in mechanical engineering from MIT.  He's a smart dude.

https://xconomy.com/boston/2012/05/17/from-mit-entrepreneur-to-tea-party-leader-the-thomas-massie-story/?single_page=true

He's just wrong on this issue.

He is smart.  He is trying to impress the president, and assuming this little squabble was on Fox News, it probably worked.

39 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Interesting to note that Massie has a degree in electrical engineering and a masters in mechanical engineering from MIT.  He's a smart dude.

https://xconomy.com/boston/2012/05/17/from-mit-entrepreneur-to-tea-party-leader-the-thomas-massie-story/?single_page=true

He used to be a principled member of Congress... then he was radicalized by the Freedom Caucus. Justin Amash went the other way and is pretty only a member of the caucus in name only at this point, and is considering leaving the party to run for President as a Libertarian now.

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

He's performing for the camaras and the public.  These hearings are the kangaroo court.  What a clown show.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

23 minutes ago, NVBlueNeck said:

I argue the Kavanaugh hearings and anytime Omar or Occasional Cortex speak are lower

You can argue lots of stuff you don't watch, it's true

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

10 minutes ago, NVBlueNeck said:

That's the thing about your opinion and mine, they are opinions

Just razzin ya bud. This was a smart guy going deliberately stupid to... make a point? At least AOC is doing the best she can, difference in type of failure

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

5 hours ago, happycamper said:

Just razzin ya bud. This was a smart guy going deliberately stupid to... make a point? At least AOC is doing the best she can, difference in type of failure

He was doing it to attract a certain person's attention.  And it probably worked.